Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins - Perseverance Pays Off (Read 194 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Woo-hoo, you made it to Alaska!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Hi pens. Reading through now, I'll be back for personals in a bit.

I finished my exercises at PT yesterday morning and thought "huh, that wasn't so bad", but I was sore all night so I guess I did work some seriously underused muscles. Weights this morning, going to get in 30 or 40 minutes on the bike this afternoon. Making a conscious effort not to let my knee turn in when I walk, which is *really* difficult!

Singer who runs a smidge

I like on-line shopping.  I just spent some Christmas money on Holy ClothingBig grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Quick run-through...

just inhaled lunch.  Last minute preps for a protocol meeting.  Not even sure I chewed.  I'll know in a few hours when I'm outside in the SUN running on the trails.  Can't wait to be out there.

LATER!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Only have a minute.  I spent way too much time on the road yesterday, but it was productive.

I have a very intense 5 miles planned tonight, and I'm afraid that TM is the best option for this one.  I can't possibly hit the appropriate paces on these roads right now.  Luckily, it should get up to 60 this weekend, and melt it all away.  I might be running 12 miles in shorts and short sleeves this weekend.  YAY!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, Penguins that posted after me (there, you got shoutouts! Joking)

Rach, I'm glad you made it to Alaska safe and sound!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I double dog dare you to get your miles in on a treadmill later Smile

Well, Tomas, as much as I hate to turn down a double-dog dare, lol, I got no choice in this instance, cuz the staff simply will not let me on the TM.  For good reason too.  When I get on the TM the motion of the belt kicks up my vertigo and I usually end up with the room spinning around - at least in my head and to me - and then fall off the darn thing.  So they won't let me on, not only for my own safety, but for the safety of others in the TM room too, they don't want me shooting off the thing and banging into someone else.

Rach, glad you made it to Alaska!  Altho, is that a good thing at this point in the year?  Don't you have REAL winter up there now?  What's the temp, like -40? Joking  Happy new duty station!

Hope your PT is going well, Lauren.  The soreness is a good thing, your muscles are letting you know they are working hard.  Just imagine if you felt absolutely NADA when you worked out...that would be bad... like you had a nerve impingement or something.  Happened with me once with my hand.  Not fun.

HsM, my clothes usually end up holey after wearing them a while. Big grin

Good luck with your intense 5 miles tonite, Awood!  Hope the weather cooperates for you this weekend!

Yeah, Vance, but even though the sun is out...what will the temp still be?

Zelanie, I did see your suggestion.  I actually do volunteer at a few races each year.  Of course, the problem is when I see all my buds running by, I want to jump in there with them, lol.  Luckily, Gail has a leash to hold me back...Joking

Well, I decided to take a chance and run after work.  Especially since my co-worker is sick, so I couldn't go run for lunch, didn't want to leave my boss in the lurch if something came up.  So it will be after work and if it pours on me as I'm running, then so be it.  Should be interesting. At least the temp will be around 58 degrees, so not too cold.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Got my birthday run in this morning. I was thinking to myself how nice it was to be out but how much it really started to suck after about 28 minutes. Then I saw the numbers and realized I inadvertently sped up and my last mile was 9:47 (read - blazing fast for me). Smile

Now we're having birthday cupcakes, and later I will be heading to Caribou Coffee for my free birthday coffee. So far it's been a good day. My kids are awesome!

Singer who runs a smidge

Happy Birthday!!!  Nice blazing fast run!

Thanks! Smile

SheCan

What?  N-bug came in first today?   That's quite an accomplishment to get up before Gustav!

Gustav- great workout yesterday.

Jerry- good luck getting out today.

Jen-  I'm glad someone you respect acknowledged your accomplishments.  You really are a runner, except maybe in your own head.

Tori-  ugh!   Well hopefully all lectures will end at 1:30.  Yay@ being so near graduation date!

kristin-  good for you for doing what you can.  It's better to be safe then to set yourself back by doing too much.

Great runs Bin , Docket, and Scrape!

Scotty-  I'm sorry you were disappointed about the game last night, but promise not to tell my DH I said that, 'cause he was rather happy about it.  (and PLEASE don't even attempt getting on the TM!)

DocLiz- I know the TM gets boring.  Way to stick with it.

KristiR- awesome doing your first tempo!  They're not always easy, but they sure up your power.

Zelanie- best of luck getting your runs in.

Hehe@ Scrape!   And here we thought we were special today.

T-rod-  good luck with your upcoming race.

Hopesmom-  I can't imagine living where its so cold in the winter now that I've started running.  Every time DH mentions moving I shudder and wonder how it'd disrupt my running!  Hope you're able to get out some tonight.

Rach^ -  congratulations on getting your new house.  BRRRRRR@ Alaska.  Poor you.  Share some pics from around there when you get a chance.

Lauren-  good job getting those workouts in.

Awood-  sometimes the TM is the best place for a good workout.

NMMickey- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   Great progressive run for you!  Enjoy the day.

Today was a nice, easy-smeezy recovery run.  It was so warm I was fine in short sleeves and wished I'd only been in my capris instead of long trousers.  My foot hurt a bit from yesterday though because I'd stepped on a thick long thorn that went through the sole of my shoe up into the ball of my foot.  I washed it really good today, and am hoping it doesn't get infected.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Snickers1230

It's been raining/storming all day here too.  Going to swing by the gym at work when I get off to do my 6x1000 intervals.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmm, swimming!!  Except for the one dude who came splashing in the lane next to mine, when the next lane over was wide open.  But hey, he only lasted about 10 minutes ...

tracilynn

I thought the game last night was FANTASTIC Big grin

still very sick. I have a sinus infection and then at 4am Last night caught the stomach virus that all my little kids have. Ugh. I can't even take my antibiotic. Sick of being sick.

Mnmickey you better fumigate the garmin and the box when it comes in. Blast it with Lysol.

~~~~~~~

Traci

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

MNMickey - Happy Birthday!!

Rach - glad you checked in!

Scotty - actually, very warm today.  Made it up to 44.  Supposed to be high 30's low to mid 40's through this weekend.  LOVE IT.

Cherie - Gustav beat me by a few minutes.  LOL  He's that good.  

AFM - 4.15 miles outside today.  Trail was packed snow.  Only half-way treacherous area was on the foot bridges where the snow/ice wanted to actually break away from under your feet.  SRD tomorrow is the game plan.  Now... off to eat SUSHI.  Can't wait... love the stuff...  Eel sushi is the best... yellow fin sashimi probably my next favorite.  Hmmm... or the masago roll... LOL