Beginners and Beyond

Top O' The Morning After Monday Penguins! (Read 31 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, sorry you tanked on your 5K, but I bet your finish time is still faster than my finish times were, lol.  Good luck with your training plan! Enjoy that new printer too!

Happy recovery miles, Dave! Congrats on your race!  Will be reading your report here shortly.

Hope your colleague and boss run went well, Bin!

Yay for new shoes for P3, Awood.  Hope they work great for her!  Good luck with your miles tonite. If you do shoot for a more aggressive goal, good luck with that!  I am certainly NOT one of those penguins you have seen doing things at races, lol, my only goal is to finish by sunset. Big grin

*Dang, Jerry, when does the snow in Chicago stop?  Have a good track workout!

*Kristin, you don't suck!  You are just stuck in a kind of 'plateau' right now, dealing with some issues. This, too, shall pass, you'll see.  Hope your running mojo zaps back into you very soon!

*Hope you feel better, HsM!

*Happy SRD, Zelanie! Good luck with those long runs!

Safe travel, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks guy!

Jack - You're bringing up a woman's age.  What is wrong with you?  That's playing with fire!  You're probably safe on this one, but I still wouldn't touch that.

Damaris - Safe travels, and great job on yet another marathon.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Dave - Those numbers don't even register in my head.  They just don't make any sense.  You might as well be talking about time travel.

Awood, thanks!  The bigger races here do tend to draw some really fast runners.  1st place overall at the half ran 1:04, and 1st place in my age group was 1:11!  Just crazy. Smile

Jerry - Can I put in a request for sunny and dry on the 24th?  Maybe you could go along the lake front this week, and put up a giant wind block.  I'm just throwing it out there.

HopeMom - A scratchy throat isn't all that bad, but what it can become is what I worry about.  I think you're right to work from home and just take it easy.  P3 had a scratchy throat a while back, and ended up working a lot of hours and eventually taking a lot of antibiotics because she didn't have a chance to rest and kick it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: it was a compliment!!! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

While waiting for my delayed flight, I posted an RR.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Dave - Those numbers don't even register in my head.  They just don't make any sense.  You might as well be talking about time travel.

I hear ya, it's crazy.  I was waiting at the finish line while my wife and son ran the 8k, the 8k winner finished in 23:16, that's a 4:41/mile pace for 5 miles!  It was amazing how smooth he looked running that insane pace.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Gustav - sorry you weren't happy with your 5k.  Did you start too fast?

Bin - hope your group run went well.

Jerry - spring will get there, sooner or later.

Dave - you have some really fast people in your neck of the woods.  A bit discouraging for a penguin like me who will never be fast.

Awood - as much improvement as you've made this year, be bold on your A goal - just don't get upset if you meet your B instead.  Good timing on your lady's shoes.  I still haven't managed to get to a running store to get my replacements.

Damaris - safe travels.  I enjoyed the RR.

Scotty - nice RR.

Kristin - can you run after work for a mile or two?  Might make you feel better.

Zelanie - doing the two runs back to back will be a good test of your endurance.  Just take it easy.

Hopes Mom - hope your day at home heals you.  Chicken soup?

AFM:  SRD, but I may do a couple miles recovery.  Yesterday's tempo run made me really stiff, though this morning's walk eased it some. We had snow on the ground today, and forecast is for sleet tomorrow and rain the day after.   The treadmill will get a lot of use this week.  Why did we leave Florida?

Singer who runs a smidge

Yup, homemade!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny I gey home at aroubd 9:30pm on Mondays and still will need to eat...never really considered running.... I DO only need a mile though, and while it may be a lot of work to bundle up for an outdoor run (not to mention unsafe) my gym IS only a block away and open til 11....*wheels turning in brain*

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Ginny, I don't have any tough back to backs either other than maybe some intervals and a MLR. Easy peasy. Smile

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

snow, sleet, ice about sums up today in Western PA.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone. Sorry hadn't posted in a few days. I'm on nights so by the time I get to work its usually after 9 and not very busy On here.

Been doing a lot of body workouts lately on top of the running and have lost 3 lbs last week.

Doing week 2 day 2 tomorrow with my friends, they are doing really well so far. My buddy can't stand me outdoing him in something so he says he can't quit now and  allow me to do something he can't do.

i think I am going to start up a penguins daily thread on ROWL. I really like the new setup and we just don't get any new people on here. I miss the days of 7+ pages of responses...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

7.5M done with colleague.. Boss only joined us for 2M and we went easy on him.. AFter he left the group, the youngster cranked it up and nearly killl me old body.. Feeling a little bit of it and it's a little silly to be running fast during my "taper".

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Bin - just look at it as practice for the race. You'll get tempted there to go too fast as well.  Could you have done another 5 1/2 miles?

From the Internet.

Evening pens! Did a 45 minute water running workout with my coach this AM and 45 minute swim lesson after work. Stopped by the LRS in between to exchange the shoes I got on Saturday (Asics GT-2000 - bit too narrow for me). I've got a shiny new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires to try, will probably just walk around in them tomorrow and maybe try jogging a lap or two Wednesday or Thursday. Have a good week all! Smile