Beginners and Beyond

Run with the wind TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all, I've got 4 miles planned later this afternoon.

Things look like they're going to get tougher, at least my getting out and running before dawn or at night.... 2 women - one in Boonville and one in Gibson County are missing. Boonville is barely a 10 minute drive from Chandler while this "Hazleton" is about an hour from Chandler so I am honestly not seeing how the two are connected - except that Boonville woman went missing on Friday morning last week while Hazleton woman went missing Sunday.

But both DH and my mom are really not wanting me out there running in the dark alone.....  I really don't think anything fishy is going on, I'm sorry but two women missing isn't enough evidence for me to think it's abduction or murder until either more women start to go missing or they find the bodies.. I am not sabotaging my marathon training for a coincidence that could be just that - a coincidence! I am too selfish and bullheaded!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

FS

At least run without tunes and get a small pepper spray in case.

10 done this AM - tired in general.

I hit 90 miles last week and pretty sure I'm feeling the impact.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

FS

At least run without tunes and get a small pepper spray in case.

Good ideas Sly. Stay safe FS.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I only ever run with tunes during runs longer than 16 miles, but if they don't find the girls alive I will most likely leave the tunes at home this weekend. I do carry pepper spray, haven't been carrying my knife since summer started but I think I am going to start carrying it again.... just gotta find somewhere to clip it on me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stay safe, Andrea.  My husband has said I am out of the danger for serial rapists/killers since they prefer them young.

So, an attorney came into our building without his ID, so he called our office.  The receptionist told him exactly what I told her when she asked me: We are vouching for you because you are nice and cute.  I asked Damaris and she vouched for you.  Great, thanks.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 mikes for me today. Hope everyone us doing well.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning!  I have a long meeting today.  Can it really be that close to school starting again?  Boo!  Later on I will run my "strength" workout- 4 x 1.5 miles at a tad faster than MP, half mile recoveries, and 11 miles total.  If it's not ridiculously hot I will try it this afternoon, otherwise I can wait until evening.

Dave- Congrats on being done with the "speed" workouts!  I ran the first "strength" workout last week, and let me tell you, it takes FOREVER for that mile to go by after getting used to the length of intervals of the speed workouts.

Andrea- Do you have areas you can run where there are people around?  I don't really like to run by myself in the middle of nowhere, but being out by myself in a populated area after dark isn't an issue.  After being brave and venturing into one big local park at night, for example, I even found that there are dog walkers out there at all hours, so although it's quieter it's still on my "safe" list.  I still think I'm more likely to be in danger from a passing car than from a person, so the park feels safer than the road still.

LRB- Not to worry, the speed will be there when you're training for it again, I'm sure.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, D I don't know whether to say sorry....or thank goodness lol

I am always aware of my surroundings but I will keep in mind to be even more vigilant that normal.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Andrea- Do you have areas you can run where there are people around?  I don't really like to run by myself in the middle of nowhere, but being out by myself in a populated area after dark isn't an issue.  After being brave and venturing into one big local park at night, for example, I even found that there are dog walkers out there at all hours, so although it's quieter it's still on my "safe" list.  I still think I'm more likely to be in danger from a passing car than from a person, so the park feels safer than the road still.

Sadly, it is rare that I see others before 5 AM, but I really don't have a choice if I don't want to inconvenience others with watching Dorian Sad

PRs

Zelanie

Sadly, it is rare that I see others before 5 AM, but I really don't have a choice if I don't want to inconvenience others with watching Dorian Sad

I kind of feel like early morning is safer than late at night, though!

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! Scheduled an appointment with a general surgery practice to get the hernia checked out next Thursday at 2:00. I'm hoping at this point that they'll just get me in to repair it ASAP so I can get it over with and move on with my life.

5.5 miles with 2.5 at tempo (8:18, 8:21, 8:21ish pace for the last 0.5 - hit the lap button a few seconds late). Felt great even though I didn't get out until 9:00 and ran a lot of it in full sun. I am going to kill a 5k before my surgery is scheduled!

LRB

I am going to kill a 5k before my surgery is scheduled!

I approve of this message!  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

*whisper* Treadmill....

Damaris

LRB

*whisper* Treadmill....

And from you of all people, awesome!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And from you of all people, awesome!

11 days with a heat index in the 100s and still 99F at 7pm will make you happy you have one.  The other day I ran through a thunderstorm just to run in the low 90s.

Damaris