Beginners and Beyond

Run with the wind TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got my work evaluation today.  They want to clone me.  Good enough for me.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Although that part where he says it's a pleasure to work with me, lies!  All lies!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FUCK treadmills damn it!! It would have to get to the point of a woman going missing every 24 hours in my area before I start using a treadmill and paying $50-70 a month for a gym membership!!!! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got  bit lazy this morning. Usually up at 5 a.m. on my run days, but today slept in until 5:30 a.m.   Then down to the Y and did a 3.1 mile loop through the nearby park.   As I started out, my first half-mile was like "I so don't want to be doing this, I should've slept in."  By the mile mark I was feeling better.  By 2-miles I was picking up the pace.  And my last mile I challenged myself to get back to the Y by a certain time and ended up pushing myself into doing just over a 10-minute mile. Not speedy at all for some folks, but pretty speedy for me since I normally do an 11-something mile.  So ended up from being "Blah" at the start to really getting into it and turned out to be a really good run/walk for me today.

Very humid here today, as there is rain threatening and the skies are dark, but the darn clouds just won't break loose with the moisture!  I wish they would because we really need rain badly here.

Now for some personals!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would not have run much in the last 11 days had I not have one. Heat index last night at 6pm? 100F.  7pm? 99F. 8pm? 98F.  11pm? 94F.  8am? 95F.  Weeks of that will teach you never to say never.

Damaris

LRB

I could not decide between the two of them so I bought them both! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would not have run much in the last 11 days had I not have one. Heat index last night at 6pm? 100F.  7pm? 99F. 8pm? 98F.  11pm? 94F.  8am? 95F.  Weeks of that will teach you never to say never.

Sadly I have no place in the house according to DH , I would have to have a membership at a 24 hr gym, and the only 24 hr around here is Bob's gym and that is like $55 a month or something. Then again.......I would be able to get back to my weight lifting regimen.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Why does the blueberry pie have an apple on top?

LRB

Why does the blueberry pie have an apple on top?

It is on both of them and is actually a piece of dough cut with a fruit shaped dough cutter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, LRB!  EASY pace?  I don't think 'easy' is in your running vocabulary.  

Congrats on your great 8, D2!  I assume the refueling was after the run and not during...how do you carry oatmeal and coffee when you're running? 

Good luck with the miles, Damaris...and definitely do the weights, you certainly want to stay in shape for when the cute lawyers you vouch for come around to thank you.            My husband has said I am out of the danger for serial rapists/killers since they prefer them young.   Gee...I guess you should be relieved about that....but maybe also give your DH a Gibbs head-slap...  

Welcome back home, lily!  Dang, you sure put in some miles!   Probably nice for you to be home....except for having to go back to work.  Need to get that winning lottery ticket!  Someone in San Antonio over the weekend had the winning ticket for the Texas Lottery - and it wasn't me, sadly - and won $15M.  Not the biggest jackpot our lottery has had, but I think the guy should be able to live on that for a while.

So sorry, Step, your hip/glute is in rebellion again.  Have the foam roller knock some sense into them!

Yeah, Dan...same thing for pizza slices...not a good pre-run meal...I actually did barf....all over an annoying yappy little dog in my neighborhood that never shuts up when its human takes it for walks...and honest, I did not intentionally barf on the dog, it just happened to be in the firing line.........the lady that owns the dog hasn't talked to me since that incident, lol, and she and the dog cross to the other side of the street when they see me coming.

53 degrees, that sounds about heavenly right now, Baboon....we hit 102 yet again yesterday!  Nice running for you!

Glad your foot is better, Basay, but sorry about the respiratory infection, that sucks.  And sorry about stomach issues preventing you from going out for your long run, that sucks too.  I know about that stuff, immodium is one of my best friends with my screwed up digestive tract.

Congrats on completing your speed repeats, Dave!

Way to go on the 5.2. Andrew...and definitely on remembering the phone placement.

That is so awful about the missing women, FreeSoul.  You stay safe!  Good luck with you rmiles!   Thankfully, we don't get a lot of missing women around here - and even just ONE missing person is awful - no, what we get is naked tasered people, where things go awfully wrong...

Police: Partially naked Texas man dies after San Antonio officers shoot him with Taser - -

Police Sgt. Javier Salazar says EMT personnel were deployed Sunday afternoon to a man whose vehicle was parked on the Interstate 35 access road. They found the man nude from the waist down.  Authorities say the man became agitated during an unspecified treatment and drove off. They say the man's vehicle stalled after he crashed into a nearby truck.  Salazar says officers shot him with a Taser while trying to detain him.  Police say the man was in critical condition when he was taken to an area hospital. He later died.  They haven't released the cause of death. The investigation is ongoing.  Associated Press - - http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/2821cb35034d4a66a543658a8e0fdba9/TX--San-Antonio-Death

I'm with you, Andrea, on your view about TMs.  I just hate the damn things.  And I think they hate me in return since they keep spitting me off every time I get on one.  So me and the TM have a mutual agreement for me to to do my running outside, hot or not.   Thankfully, summer mornings here, although hot, are nowhere near like what Damaris has.

Wow, Sly, 90 miles for the week, congrats!

Roger that on the 11.2 mikes, Marjorie!  Congrats and over-and-out!

Welcome home, Zelanie...and back to work!  Bet your home weather is a bit cooler than Latin America.

Glad you got your hernia appointment, Lauren.  Even if they can't get you in right away, you still should be okay.  Lots of folks have run with hernias - and some may be now - and I did that too up to my surgery day, and it was okay.  You should be able to kill that 5K with no problem.   As for after the surgery, heck, use Mitch as an inspiration....he really came back fast from his - much faster than I came back from mine - and his post-surgery running was rockin'!  You can do this.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my work evaluation today.  They want to clone me.  Good enough for me.

I wouldn't mind cloning you either...but Gail might get a bit upset...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pie....yuck!  What...no cookies?  How rude! 

Baboon

delicate flower

Pie....yuck!   

We might have to take a vote to see if Scotty needs to be removed from the B&B.

<3

LRB

lol

Scotty would be an ideal sibling for sure, more goodies for me!

DavePNW

Word. Pie >>> cookies.

Dave