Beginners and Beyond

National Waiters and Waitresses Day Wednesday Penguins (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Pens...

Obie: Sadly, I also missed out on ticket to Lady Gaga. Somehow, I will get over it.  Wink

Scotty: Nice run in the heat.  "Only" 88. I know the feeling.

Jerry: Have a nice four miles. i'm glad the knee is ok.

D: Enjoy the RD. Are you doing a RR on the latest marathon?

Awood: I must have missed it. What are you running this weekend?

Zel: Enjoy the track workout. Remember to change directions every six laps or so.

PF: That's a windfall. Just the other day I was taking clothes out of the dryer and there was a dollar bill in there and I'm going "Yes!" The simple things...

As for me, I went for a good massage yesterday before DD's award ceremony. I had some big knots in my calves and upper glutes. Also, he found a knot about the size of a marble in my my arch. That one hurt like heck but it's gone. He seems to think that that knot was causing my PF like symptoms because it could have been attached to the tendon connected to the heel. He thinks I never had PF at all. I got out of bed today with no heel pain so we'll see.  
    Tonight is the other DD's track awards banquet so I have to pick up the other DD from swim practice, get her home, get cleaned up, take her to her friend's house (she is not going to said banquet), and then meet DW and DD at the banquet. After that I need to run four miles.

Another day...

I was planning on but the pictures are taking forever!!!!  Still don't know what to say, it sucked?  I choked?  Still not bad?  The end.  LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris - resting because you feel the need or because your plan calls for it?  Are you using a plan, or do you have a coach now?

AFM:  Rainy and very humid today, so I'll probably do some miles on the TM.  No running in four days, but with the hiking I did, I hope I won't feel the lack.  At the moment, I just want to take a nap.  I didn't sleep all that well on our trip.  It always takes a few days to get used to sleeping on the ground and going to bed with the sun.  Plus the fact that there were a few bears seen very near the campsite made me nervous about Ben's reaction if one wandered nearby.  Fortunately, none of the ones I saw were very close to us, and if any did pass in the night, he didn't respond.

I am not following a plan right now but both.  I have an inflamed heel from the time I twisted my ankle that is just annoying so a few days of rest will help.  Also, I had asthma issues during the race and during the 5K the prior week so I need a break to let the lungs heal.  enjoy the humidity (says no one ever).

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Penguins :-)

Took all of your advice from yesterday and signed up for that half in a few weeks.  It should be a blast.  Kristin - it is the NYCRuns father's day half which is in bay ridge.  Are you running it by any chance?

This morning my sunscreen got in my eyes and I was in burning agony - so I only got 3 miles in.  I'm going to run much earlier in the  day to avoid the need for sunscreen.  (Sunrise runs perhaps?)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Took all of your advice from yesterday and signed up for that half in a few weeks.  It should be a blast.  Kristin - it is the NYCRuns father's day half which is in bay ridge.  Are you running it by any chance?

This morning my sunscreen got in my eyes and I was in burning agony - so I only got 3 miles in.  I'm going to run much earlier in the  day to avoid the need for sunscreen.  (Sunrise runs perhaps?)

Ouch! What time did you run that you needed sunscreen (or are you one that needs it?) I only use sunscreen between 11am and 4pm and that only happens during ultras or marathons because hell no, 9am is too hot to run, LOL.  Hope your eyes are not burning still.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Hats are your friends!!  I don't use sunscreen on my face, I rely on my trusty hat.  Somehow sunscreen on my legs rarely gets into my eyes ... 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ouch! What time did you run that you needed sunscreen (or are you one that needs it?) I only use sunscreen between 11am and 4pm and that only happens during ultras or marathons because hell no, 9am is too hot to run, LOL.  Hope your eyes are not burning still.

No longer burning - I flushed them out with saline.  I was running around 9:30 am but I'm really habituated to wearing sunscreen because several people in my family have had skin cancer.  I'm buying a different brand off of amazon and hoping for the best.

I wear a visor in addition to the sunscreen.  I'm super paranoid about the sun :/

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

I finished my trail mix 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your miles, Jerry.  Hope your weather is behaving.

But "SRD" in Damaris' case means "Still Running Daily"....right? 

Glad you stayed ahead of the pace bunny, Awood. Wishing you well for your race!

Good luck with the track workout, Zelanie!

Hope your cranky knee feels better, Phillie!  Nice surprise for you on the trail mix.

Wait a minute Jack...if it's a TRACK banquet...why aren't you running to it to get your 4 miles in?    Glad you are feeling better after the massage and hope that knot was the issue for your foot!

Congrats on getting out there for the second day of your program, HsM. Enjoy the office yoga - "Bend like a chair!  OK, now let's do 'desk pose' and then 'open stapler pose'.... "  - and happy 'quarteting' after that.

Congrats on your 6, Bin.  You were pretty darn consistent before.  What happened?

Me either, Kristin, usually don't run on Wednesdays, but I am trying to work up from 4 days a week running to 5 days a week, so my schedule will be Tue-Wed-Thurs and Sat-Sun for running days.  Will see how my back likes that.  Enjoy your miles today and have fun in Atlantic City - one of the few places I am afraid to go to, lol.

Dang, Ginny, IMHO as a 'city boy' if your within sighting distance of a bear, THAT'S too close!    All that hiking you do is probably very supportive of your running, I bet you won't feel the lack of training once you get back out there running.

sapf, try that Coppertone Sport stuff, it is supposedly sweatproof/waterproof and won't 'run' when you run.  It works pretty well for me. But then, I go at a pretty sedate pace too so maybe I don't push hard enough for the stuff to 'run' for me.    Good luck with your upcoming half.   If you FE with Kristin, there better be lots of Great Legs photos of you two. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I finished my trail mix 

One MM winner in PA. Was that you Margo?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sapf I am not Sad going to MD that weekend for the Baltimore 10 Miler which is one of my favorite races but enjoy my running path..... I run all my runs during the week there (and weekend runs when I'm around, not racing, and don't feel like heading to Prospect Park for a change of scenery). Good luck!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Not me.  Was it a big payout?  I only play the lottery when the jackpots get very large, like over $200 million.  Because you know, winning a measly 40 million wouldn't be worth the effort.

One MM winner in PA. Was that you Margo?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Not me.  Was it a big payout?  I only play the lottery when the jackpots get very large, like over $200 million.  Because you know, winning a measly 40 million wouldn't be worth the effort.

$150 million is big enough for me.  Guess we will have to hold off on the Penguin FE.  Thought it was going to be in Philly.

Got our 4 miles in.  Not used to the 49DP and 86F  temp.     At least we were under 11:00 on each mile.  Now it's Deck/Beer Time  !!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

$150 million is big enough for me.  Guess we will have to hold off on the Penguin FE.

Got our 4 miles in.  Not used to the 49DP and 86F  temp.     At least we were under 11:00 on each mile.  Deck/Beer Time  !!!!

I would die for 49DP.  Like ever.

We booked our trip to the 13.1 Chicago!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Are you staying in Lincoln Park?

Singer who runs a smidge

Office yoga done.  That five-minute or so savasana at the end of the day is so nice!!  Now I'm off to dinner with the girls and singing in about an hour.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.