Beginners and Beyond

For Happy Lily :) (Read 108 times)

Just B.S.

Sharing these for Lily, by request because she is not on FB. From our Oly tri ( 1,500 yard swim, 40km bike, 10k run) on Sunday Smile

happylily

Wow... thank you!  You look just awesome out there! Looks like you had a beautiful day for your race. How did you do?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Wow... thank you!  You look just awesome out there! Looks like you had a beautiful day for your race. How did you do?

It was 85f by the time I started the run so I was really happy that after swimming/cycling for almost 2.5 hours 
        I was able to run 57:46. Smile

My time sucked. I was originally targeting 3:15 until my bike accident on Tuesday. Both knees were still

very sore and swollen so I made a decision to be conservative (didn't want to take any chances with

my 70.3 coming up next weekend).  Plus pretty decent sized climbs on the bike route and rolling hills all

through the trail run.

Secondary goal was 3:30 and I came in at 3:26.  I was the oldest female competitor in the Oly tri, the other is

a high level competitor,  so I felt proud of myself just for being out there.

Hubby did amazing and finished in 2:45. He couldn't swim a stroke 18 months ago and did the 1,500 yard swim

in 25 minutes. Super proud of him. Smile

11 more sleeps until our first Half Iron. Getting nervous and excited but more nervous than anything.

happylily

That first picture with all the little heads above the water is scary to me. I can imagine all the elbows and feet you were hit with.  I can't imagine racing a 10k right after two other intense workouts. It sounds nuts to me. You finished with a great time, especially in that heat! I wish you good luck in your first Half Iron.  Oh and congratulations to your husband as well. He did excellent!

Just B.S.

That first picture with all the little heads above the water is scary to me. I can imagine all the elbows and feet you were hit with.  I can't imagine racing a 10k right after two other intense workouts. It sounds nuts to me. You finished with a great time, especially in that heat! I wish you good luck in your first Half Iron.  Oh and congratulations to your husband as well. He did excellent!

I actually had a crappy swim because I got "swam over" at the start, pushed under and

took in a lot of water. Didn't regain my composure until the 2nd lap around the buoy's.

With so many people swimming in close quarters those things happen and you have

to learn to deal. Smile  There are 425 registered for our 1/2 Iron. Not sure how they are going

to do the start, hopefully break it up between men/women.

I will pass that along Lily. He really did amazing!

Cyberic

I gotta say that you (and all the others who do triathlons) impress me. Running is one thing. But stringing three sports in one event...

Just B.S.

I gotta say that you (and all the others who do triathlons) impress me. Running is one thing. But stringing three sports in one event...

Thanks Cyber. I'm not very good at it but I have a whole bunch of fun.

SheCan

Beth, I know you put these for Lily, but I had to look and see... Wow, I know I've told you this before, but I never cease to be impressed with your athleticism and drive.  Wonderful pictures, and so looks like you had a blast.  You're always encouraged to share the pics and RR with the rest of us, too!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Just B.S.

Beth, I know you put these for Lily, but I had to look and see... Wow, I know I've told you this before, but I never cease to be impressed with your athleticism and drive.  Wonderful pictures, and so looks like you had a blast.  You're always encouraged to share the pics and RR with the rest of us, too!

Aww thanks Cherie. Smile  Really appreciate you taking the time.  I'm not sure about the athleticism part but I

do have plenty of the drive and that's what gets me to the finish line. They weren't just for Lily but I know

most here aren't interested in my tri stuff at all.

If you want I can post pics for you after my Half Iron next weekend. 

happylily

Shari, I told Beth that she shouldn't have put my name in the title of her thread. It made it look like she only wanted me to look at it. But I think that she wanted to show me AND the rest of the group as well, because she worked hard for that race and she wanted to share her happiness over her accomplishments, like all of us do after a hard race. I wish more people had your kindness and stopped by to look at Beth's great pictures.  But I know that it's summer and we tend to spend less time in here when it's beautiful outside. This is why it's quieter in here.

EDIT: I meant Cherie. You've gone and changed your avatar without telling me and I got all confused because I still refuse to wear glasses. Next time, Cherie, tell me about the change of avatar! 

B-Plus

Looking great, Beth!

SheCan

Aww thanks Cherie. Smile  Really appreciate you taking the time.  I'm not sure about the athleticism part but I

do have plenty of the drive and that's what gets me to the finish line. They weren't just for Lily but I know

most here aren't interested in my tri stuff at all.

If you want I can post pics for you after my Half Iron next weekend. 

I think the drive is a huge part of getting to the finish line.  Plus we've got to watch you evolve from runner to triathlete, and that really does take commitment.

Lily--  I agree, she should be happy and proud.  LOL@ changing my avatar... well, don't worry, i answer to anything, and probably won't be changing my avatar any time real soon.  So everyone will have to get used to looking at my legs for a while.  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson