Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are rockin'... (Read 35 times)

Zelanie

Jack is done.  I'll let him report his time, looks like he was feeling good after halfway though. Smile

Nice run, Dave!

DavePNW

Also awaiting the results of Baboon's 10k. He's kind of bashful so may not report it here.

MTA: nevermind, now I see the other thread.

Dave

B-Plus

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. JK!

Congrats FS on your 20.

Dude, I am hoping I do much better as it gets colder lol. And taking clothing off, especially a sports bra... is just freaking awful after a long run in humid weather lol.

This reminds me, there's a topless march happening today. Maybe I'll do my run in that area.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.5 for me today.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Jack and Mrs. Jack.

Damaris

LRB

A nap took me.  I was wiped the fuck out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And I mean that literally. DW and I were awoken by a 6.0 earthquake at 3:20 this morning and the power is still out. Let's hope the race is not cancelled. That would be bad. That could make for a very long drive home.

Well, Jack..the race being cancelled is better than falling through a hole in the ground while you're out there running and taking a Journey To The Center Of The Earth.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

2 warm-up

6.2 race

tempo effort, 4th overall. Masters winner nothing great to report.  A couple minutes shy of PR, but not bad considering deep in marathon training.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk on the Riverwalk this morning.  Got a late start, didn't get down there till 8:30 a.m. and the temp was around 83 already, but the dew-point was actually cooperative and stayed below 70 so it was actually pleasant running alongside the water.

Congrats on the 20 miles, FreeSoul!  You rock!

Sorry your legs had no 'spring', Cyber, but way to go on the 15 miles.

Hope your 10 went well, Zelanie.   So I guess Jack's race was not cancelled..Congrats to him and  Mrs. Jack!

Congrats on your run, Damaris.   What's "Chevy's"?  A bar, I hope..sounds like you earned a drink.

Congrats on your weekly PB, Dave!

Isn't that topless march, B-Plus, a demonstration for the cause of being able to breast-feed in public, if I recall correctly from a news story  I saw?   You may want to avoid that area, you certainly don't want to get them irate at you, and we certainly don't want to see you on News at 6: "Peeping Tom Runner Booby-Trapped by Breast-Feed March Ladies"

Hope you  had a great 12.5, Marjorie.

Way to go on your race, Sly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

All done. The race went on as planned. My HM was better than I expected, 1:48:20, 8:13 pace. With my injuries and extra rest time, I'll take it. DW missed a BQ by 15 seconds. Still good for a 17 pr. One gal in her age group missed a BQ by ONE SECOND! Great race and I recommend it. Now for the seven hour drive home. Ugh...

Baboon

delicate flower

All done. The race went on as planned. My HM was better than I expected, 1:48:20, 8:13 pace. With my injuries and extra rest time, I'll take it. DW missed a BQ by 15 seconds. Still good for a 17 pr. One gal in her age group missed a BQ by ONE SECOND! Great race and I recommend it. Now for the seven hour drive home. Ugh...

Ah, dammit!  SO.CLOSE.  Give her congrats for us though.  Nice rice for you too, Klompus!  Good job, especially considering all the nagging injuries you've been battling.

<3

outoftheblue

Congrats to Jack and Ms Jack!  That's sooo close for Ms Jack.  Still, very nice job and I hope she is proud of her PR.

Docket -- glad to see the marathon training going so well.  Kudos for doing your long runs + MP in that kind of heat.

SRD for me.  The one thing I've found about these Pfitz plans.  I look forward to RDs!

Life is good.

LRB

DW missed a BQ by 15 seconds. Still good for a 17 pr. 

The poor thing, dammit.  Give her our regards!

LRB

2 warm-up

6.2 race

tempo effort...

I have something similar in my future.

DavePNW

Arrgh!! Blame the earthquake. Nice races both of youse.

Dave