Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are rockin'... (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

All done. The race went on as planned. My HM was better than I expected, 1:48:20, 8:13 pace. With my injuries and extra rest time, I'll take it. DW missed a BQ by 15 seconds. Still good for a 17 pr. One gal in her age group missed a BQ by ONE SECOND! Great race and I recommend it. Now for the seven hour drive home. Ugh...

Ugh, so close but a PR?  Woot!  Great job, both.

Damaris

B-Plus

Nice work, Sly.

Haha Scotty! My understand is that the point is to protest that men can walk around topless, but women are forced to cover up. You're right though, I'd better avoid that area.

LRB

I am replacing a built-in microwave for a friend, this shit ain't easy yo.  I do not not have friends like me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am replacing a built-in microwave for a friend, this shit ain't easy yo.  I do not not have friends like me.

I seriously thought you said you were replacing your microwave for a friend and I wondered how was that possible. 

Damaris

LRB

I seriously thought you said you were replacing your microwave for a friend and I wondered how was that possible. 

I am wondering how either of them is possible. lol

It is done thank God!

Hi dailies:

Jack - yikes, glad you're ok.   Arg, sorry for Mrs. K.  SO CLOSE!  Congrats!

Free - congrats on hitting 20!

Pad - hi

Cyberic - good, those miles are paying off

Rick - coming off of 5K pace might be nicer than MP

D - nice run in the heat

DaveP - all those things sound favorable for a strong race

Zelanie - so the earthquake didn't interfere, good

B+ - were there any topless marches worth being topless?

Marjorie - good 12.5

Scotty - hmm, the center of the earth might be hotter than San Antonio

Sly - heck of a tempo run, congrats

OOTB - enjoy that rest

20.6 done.  It was 77 degrees, but DoTheDew was only 60 with a breeze, so fairly comfortable.

Cyberic

Good racing Sly, Jack and Mrs Jack. Too bad for the BQ, but still a PR.

The whole family and I spent the day at the soccer club's annual event. We were at the snack bar cooking hot dogs, selling chips, soft drinks, etc. Volunteer work, and my kids love it. Second year in a row that we do this. I'm proud of my kids Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hellz to the Yeah!! Surprisingly (again) I am feeling MUCH better than expected. I must be doing something right.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay what is DotheDew? If that was a 20.6 mile race, I want to see a race report damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Rick - coming off of 5K pace might be nicer than MP

LRB

It is gnat season in my home tonight for whatever reason, the little fucks.

I was shooing them from my glass of wine but decided instead to let them have at it and so far three have gone down and about four more of the little annoying pricks are on the rim hopefully awaiting a similar fate.

Jay what is DotheDew? If that was a 20.6 mile race, I want to see a race report damn it.

Just dewpoint Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just dewpoint Smile

Oh, well damn I was hoping it would be a race in which you'd write a nice, longish report Smile

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Oh forgot to mention ...   The race started at 8:00 in Dallas, no mother efing shade, so j did run shirtless... (Just for you FS)

Wink

and Dan:

my garmin read 6.32, but we did go under a few bridges. However I made a course on Garmin to check it (using the certified route & my memory of the race) and it calculated out to be 6.39.

meh. I suppose I could go out and measure it myself, but I would have to give a shit more than I do.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And the next sound you hear from LRB's area will be.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt