Beginners and Beyond

2014in2014 Mileage Game Registration Thread (Read 128 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks Zelanie. That was one of the suggested goals in the original post but just in case I'll put it in miles. Here is my revised info:

1) kristin10185

2)1251.71 miles

3) team

4) PMed email

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Hmm, as much as I am on this stupid site, it is an oddity that I have never played in any of the reindeer mileage games, but I suppose the thought is intriguing.

I normally do not set yearly mileage goals (I just run whatever I run), so what happens if you come up short of your stated goal, or run way more than it?

delicate flower

Hmm, as much as I am on this stupid site, it is an oddity that I have never played in any of the reindeer mileage games, but I suppose the thought is intriguing.

I normally do not set yearly mileage goals (I just run whatever I run), so what happens if you come up short of your stated goal, or run way more than it?

Nothing at all.  The mileage goal serves two purposes, as I understand it:  1) To help divide the teams evenly, and 2) To give you something to shoot for personally.  You just make an estimate based on what you think you'll run.  I'm planning two marathons in 2014 so I'm hoping for a big year.

<3

TakeAHike

TakeAHike

Team

email on file

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As an admin for 2014, I would also like to know where do the members signing up prefer to post: RA, RWOL, or FB.  With that, we can decide where to host it better.

Docket_Rocket

team

on file.

Damaris

MothAudio

As Phil mentioned, nothing. But I would suggest you look at what you've run over the last 2-3 years to get an idea and then consider your goals for 2014. The teams are based on what you project / pledge. If you put down 2000 miles that's what is used when dividing up the teams. Should you end up running 1000 miles then your team would be 1000 miles in the hole. Because of that I tend to downscale my projections so I'm not handicapping my team from the start. EX: for the last 2-3 years I've put down 3000 miles and my actual mileage was 3500, 2800, and I'm sitting at 2550 right now [3000+ projected]. This year, as of week 43, the group of 248 runners are 11,014 miles behind their goal.

As an admin for 2014, I would also like to know where do the members signing up prefer to post: RA, RWOL, or FB.  With that, we can decide where to host it better.

Good news, are you replacing Doug or Angela or joining them?

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Robert31320

Team TJ

As an admin for 2014, I would also like to know where do the members signing up prefer to post: RA, RWOL, or FB.  With that, we can decide where to host it better..

I'm not real particular about where I load my weekly data.  My game socializing has been predominantly in our private FB group.

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

As an admin for 2014, I would also like to know where do the members signing up prefer to post: RA, RWOL, or FB.  With that, we can decide where to host it better.

I'd prefer here but it looks like most folks are still on RWOL

<3

I'm good with any of the log sites - they all allow me to upload from my Garmin easily, so adding another to the three I do already is no big deal.

I like the idea of getting to know my team, but rarely use FB.  Is it possible to add a preferred social location to the team set up criteria, or does that overcomplicate the whole process?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am on here a lot more than RWOL these days but wouldn't mind going over there for the game. I use Facebook too so anything is fine....if I had to vote though I'd say here.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I don't have any preference over where we log miles. However, we still have people that don't use certain sites, so we've had to keep a presence at all three locations.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Personally I would like to post on RA, because I only go over to RWOL to post my team miles. It doesn't matter to me honestly, but I would guess that there are a lot of RWOL-only people in the mileage game. I definitely could be wrong there.

I did post over there initially, but that's because I saw it pop up.

- Andrew

TakeAHike

RWOL or RA are fine with me.  I would prefer that we not do Facebook.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'd prefer here but it looks like most folks are still on RWOL

I am not counting out doing it in more than one place to see how it works and which one will people prefer.

Moth, I think it will be just me. Lord help me.

Damaris

LRB

Thanks Mike and Boonie Boon Boon, count me in then!  Cool

LRB

Team

Will PM

I spend most of my time on RA but will post wherever I am told to.