Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 40 times)

Rise & shine, people!

8 easy on the treadmill this morning. That is all. How long till beer-thirty?

Dave

Good morning, everyone.

DaveP MI, thank you for starting today's thread.

Last night, at the gym, I did weights, push-ups, ab work, forty minutes on the TM, and forty minutes on the AMT.

Today, I'll do push-ups and ab work. That's it.

I can't wait to be able to exercise outside again.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did the marked 5K course in a local park yesterday after work.  Nice easy run/walk of 3.16 miles in 34:20.  Weather was a bit overcast, with a very slight breeze and a temp of 49 degrees with a 'feels like" of 46.  I was about the only person in the park, I only saw about 5 other people.  And lots of deer.    Usually this park is crowded as all get-out.   I thought it was funny, cuz when the temp in San Antoniio goes below 50 degrees not too many people go out into the park for their walks, bike rides, etc.   Yes, we really are "cold" weather wimps, lol.  It does make a for a nice, peaceful run on paved trails winding through the woods.  Very pleasant outing.

Today is a rest day.  However, I have an appointment today and will leave work about 2 pm for my 'respiratory assessment".  Gail was the one who heard the message on the phone last night while I was out running.  When she got home she asked me 'what the heck is a respiratory assessment?"  Umm, that means I get to go out to the place in San Antonio where the military docs do the testing for the oxygen capacity in my lungs, probably also will have to run on a treadmill attached to some measuring apparatus, some fun.     And so begins the first part of my 'birth month" annual physical process.  Well, I guess I should not really complain, in my case each year, my military med folks have always been very thorough and if there is anything to find- hopefully not! - at least they will find it way early, which is always a good thing.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

It is Friday and it is high time you all are start acting like it.  

Last night was my first hard progression run in forever.  Did it on the treadmill.  10 minute warm up, 10 minutes at MP, 10 minutes at HMP, 10 minutes 5K/10K pace. 40 minutes, 5.4 miles, 7:30 avg pace.  I can do better but my legs are not used to workouts like that.  Felt a little wobble-legged when I got off the machine.  Need moar of those!

50 minutes easy later today in the great outdoors.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is Friday and it is high time you all are start acting like it.  

Yes, it is Friday!  Time to party!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dave, I'm having a beer at lunch today!  Well, ok, it is a ROOT beer....

Basya, come on down to San Antonio for a winter get-away, we can go run outside on the San Antonio Riverwalk! 

Nice running, Phil!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day today, maybe some core work. These 5 day work weeks suck.

Little Blue

Flippin' cold here today so far, 25 at last check.  I simply don't have the right duds to be out running.  Waiting for another few degrees ..

Scotty, study up for your breathing exam!

Flippin' cold here today so far, 25 at last check. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 and Insanity Plyo tonight.  We had a nice dinner (all paid) at a nice steakhouse in Coral Gables.  Very nice!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Morning!  I have 7 and Insanity Plyo tonight.  We had a nice dinner (all paid) at a nice steakhouse in Coral Gables.  Very nice!

Shaun T is very nice to look at during those workouts.

delicate flower

How does this happen?

<3

LRB

Good morning, everyone.

DaveP MI, thank you for starting today's thread.

delicate flower

<3

Zelanie