Beginners and Beyond

Calm before the storm FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

I wasn't planning on it

Have you moved on? That happened with me and Detroit.

onemile

No, I just kind of wanted to NOT do a fall marathon so I could go camping/hiking and stuff in the summer without having to worry about training so much

DavePNW

She can't, as long as you've still got 25 seconds on her. 

Dave

workinprogress11

It’s the more official name for the boot thing I’m wearing for the stress fracture.

MTA:  Meant to quote LRB. It’s been so long I forgot how to use a forum, haha.

onemile

lol I had no idea

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Landed in Cali like at 2am EST because we spent an hour on the tarmac in MIA for some asshole that bought a bunch of crabs that needed to be boarded in dry ice and shit that took 45 ninutes to board. You willprobably see Blue Stone Crabs On A Plane at a movie theater near you soon.

Heading to the INKnBURN warehouse to meet the people and get a tour of how they produce their stuff. Then Universal and we will stay in North LA overnight. There are fires on our route to Monterey and Malibu has already been evacuated. Ugh.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Morning. Landed in Cali like at 2am EST because we spent an hour on the tarmac in MIA for some asshole that bought a bunch of crabs that needed to be boarded in dry ice and shit that took 45 ninutes to board. You willprobably see Blue Stone Crabs On A Plane at a movie theater near you soon.

Heading to the INKnBURN warehouse to meet the people and get a tour of how they produce their stuff. Then Universal and we will stay in North LA overnight. There are fires on our route to Monterey and Malibu has already been evacuated. Ugh.

Wow, you can't make that stuff up.

Are you racing while you're here? It's Santa Ana time which means hot, dry and windy (aka Fire season). The dew point at my current location is 36F with a temp of 72F. Hope you brought your chapstick!

LRB

Imma has-been, and not a threat to anyone. lol

LRB

It’s the more official name for the boot thing I’m wearing for the stress fracture.

MTA:  Meant to quote LRB. It’s been so long I forgot how to use a forum, haha.

We'll get you up to speed in no time. 

Did they ever determine the reason for your stress fracture, or just a freak thing?

bluerun

Super B****

Over 4 times the distance, and only 23 seconds per mile difference (6:49 for the sub-3 and 6:26 for the sub-40). I'm definitely not geared like that.

I don't actually think I'm ever going to run a sub-3 marathon, considering I HOPE I can retire after Boston 2020.  It was just a hyperbolic way of trying to get my point across.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah. We have the Monterey HM on Sunday in perfect weather. Hoping without the North Cali fire smoke.

Wow, you can't make that stuff up.

Are you racing while you're here? It's Santa Ana time which means hot, dry and windy (aka Fire season). The dew point at my current location is 36F with a temp of 72F. Hope you brought your chapstick!

Damaris

workinprogress11

We'll get you up to speed in no time. 

Did they ever determine the reason for your stress fracture, or just a freak thing?

Low vitamin D, more than likely. I take supplements and try to be outside as much as I can but I think I may need a prescription supplement. It tends to bottom out for no apparent reason from time to time.

bluerun

Super B****

Low vitamin D, more than likely. I take supplements and try to be outside as much as I can but I think I may need a prescription supplement. It tends to bottom out for no apparent reason from time to time.

I got a prescription for vitamin D once.  After a couple of months, the pharmacist (who happens to be my neighbor) told me that hey, we just get it from this bottle and repackage it, it would be a lot cheaper if you bought it over the counter.   So now I buy an entire bottle (most of which goes to waste because I don't take the mega dose every day) for a fraction of the cost of the dozen pills I used to get.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

workinprogress11

I got a prescription for vitamin D once.  After a couple of months, the pharmacist (who happens to be my neighbor) told me that hey, we just get it from this bottle and repackage it, it would be a lot cheaper if you bought it over the counter.   So now I buy an entire bottle (most of which goes to waste because I don't take the mega dose every day) for a fraction of the cost of the dozen pills I used to get.

Thanks for tip. I guess I’ll just start taking more. Maybe double up for a while and see where it gets me though I have been already taking around 2000 IU a day which seemed like a lot to me.

Runshortii

No, I just kind of wanted to NOT do a fall marathon so I could go camping/hiking and stuff in the summer without having to worry about training so much

If you did still decide to do Wisconsin I’m sure you could break 3:15. There’s only one hill that I can think of, as long as the wind off the lake behaves