Beginners and Beyond

Calm before the storm FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thanks for tip. I guess I’ll just start taking more. Maybe double up for a while and see where it gets me though I have been already taking around 2000 IU a day which seemed like a lot to me.

My vitamin D has been low few times .I started taking 5000 iu daily. I was told to back off to 2000 because it got to the upper end of normal. The doc commented she wasn't used to seeing a number that high. It was a few years of taking it daily. When I've relied on a multivitamin, it gets low after a while.

RunningOnSand

When I get sick I take 20,000 IU's a day (I've heard it helps fight off germs). Or when I'm training for a marathon and am trying to control every aspect of not getting sick. 

I'm not running again today, as per marathon recovery. I'm actually scheduled to run 20 min tomorrow and I'm not really looking forward to it. 

workinprogress11

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I will kick up the dosage right away so that once my foot heals I will be good to go.

DavePNW

I'm actually scheduled to run 20 min tomorrow and I'm not really looking forward to it. 

lol you shouldn't be, it's gonna suck. 

Dave

onemile

usually the first one isn't as bad as I'm anticipating but then the following one really sucks. and then I wonder why I was so anxious to get back to it.

Cyberic

Looking at spring 2019 race (marathon) options, as I will not race a marathon in the fall because of a family Ireland (probably) vacation in the summer.

The Ottawa marathon is one of the top ranked in Canada, but of course hotels know that. There is a local alternative that is flat, but the course is two 13.1 miles loops, on the south shore, and not much to see. I'm still leaning towards that one, because I'm a cheap-skate (is that really a thing?) and I'd get to drive to the race in the morning.

Other decision, I haven't run with my RP in ages because our races were totally different in racing season, and I was focused on doing my thing. Tomorrow I could go run with her, but I'm an early bird, and she's not. I always adjust to her schedule, so I'm thinking fuck this. But then, I'll be running alone if I think that way. It's no big deal, I always run alone, but she did help in making the LRs not seem as long this summer. I still think I'll just do my thing, and let her do hers. I made a big effort this summer to adjust my schedule, but I don't feel like it right now.

onemile

Looking at spring 2019 race (marathon) options, as I will not race a marathon in the fall because of a family Ireland (probably) vacation in the summer.

The Ottawa marathon is one of the top ranked in Canada, but of course hotels know that. There is a local alternative that is flat, but the course is two 13.1 miles loops, on the south shore, and not much to see. I'm still leaning towards that one, because I'm a cheap-skate (is that really a thing?) and I'd get to drive to the race in the morning.

Other decision, I haven't run with my RP in ages because our races were totally different in racing season, and I was focused on doing my thing. Tomorrow I could go run with her, but I'm an early bird, and she's not. I always adjust to her schedule, so I'm thinking fuck this. But then, I'll be running alone if I think that way. It's no big deal, I always run alone, but she did help in making the LRs not seem as long this summer. I still think I'll just do my thing, and let her do hers. I made a big effort this summer to adjust my schedule, but I don't feel like it right now.

I am surprised you want to run a spring marathon since you fulfilled your dream goal!

I am hoping to have some RPs for long runs when I get back to training. It is a pain logistically but it takes a lot of the "chore" out of it

Cyberic

I am surprised you want to run a spring marathon since you fulfilled your dream goal!

I am hoping to have some RPs for long runs when I get back to training. It is a pain logistically but it takes a lot of the "chore" out of it

I might have found another RP for tomorrow. He'll confirm tonight. Because I do run with guys, too!

About a marathon, yeah, I get what you're saying, and you're very right in thinking that. I should be looking at shorter distances.

From the Internet.

Woof long run done. I felt like trash and almost bailed after the first 6 but gutted it out after a quick stop at home for water and a tiny Halloween snickers. Glad I did because the quality went well even though I wasn't feeling good. 12+ miles in a sort-of-Daniels fashion: 7E + 2M + 1E + 2T and then jogged it in from there. 2M were 7:32, 7:27, 2T were 6:58, 6:53.

onemile

About a marathon, yeah, I get what you're saying, and you're very right in thinking that. I should be looking at shorter distances.

I am only thinking that based on your previous comments - I am all for you shooting for that sub-2:55 Smile

DavePNW

I am all for you shooting for that sub-2:55 Smile

+1. Don't get sick or have major dental problems this time, & the sky's the limit.

Dave

RunningOnSand

usually the first one isn't as bad as I'm anticipating but then the following one really sucks. and then I wonder why I was so anxious to get back to it.

LOL. Oy. Okay so Monday's run is the one I should really look forward to. 

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks for tip. I guess I’ll just start taking more. Maybe double up for a while and see where it gets me though I have been already taking around 2000 IU a day which seemed like a lot to me.

This is the one; initially I took it once a week, now I do it once a month.  Which reminds me, I was supposed to take it yesterday and I don't think I did...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

+1. Don't get sick or have major dental problems this time, & the sky's the limit.

Yeah, c'mon Cyber, get your shit together!! Wink In all seriousness though, the sky really is the limit. Sub-2:55 = wow.

But really, all of you are hitting paces I can only dream about.

Re: running with RP's, as long as there are no pace miles in the LR, I find it helps. But I have some local ladies who always run long Saturdays and Sundays but finding someone who meshes well is really hard. Like maybe a few of the ladies would run my same pace, but they don't have to run x miles at HMP or MP, or a combo of. If you can find someone with a) the same paces as you, and b) the same training plan as you, I'd say you'd hit the ultimate RP jackpot.

onemile

Yeah, c'mon Cyber, get your shit together!! Wink In all seriousness though, the sky really is the limit. Sub-2:55 = wow.

But really, all of you are hitting paces I can only dream about.

Re: running with RP's, as long as there are no pace miles in the LR, I find it helps. But I have some local ladies who always run long Saturdays and Sundays but finding someone who meshes well is really hard. Like maybe a few of the ladies would run my same pace, but they don't have to run x miles at HMP or MP, or a combo of. If you can find someone with a) the same paces as you, and b) the same training plan as you, I'd say you'd hit the ultimate RP jackpot.

I think it's better to have a RP who is faster than you but doesn't mind running a little slower than someone the same pace who might not be able to keep up for a workout on a bad day