Beginners and Beyond

And They're Off! Penguin Weekender (Read 29 times)

obiebyke

It is an incredibly beautiful day today. I got out to put my garden to bed. 1.5 hours of work. Then W4D3 of C25K. In shorts! Man, that sunshine feels good.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Zelanie

Sounds like a great run, obie.

Mitch, sorry to hear that the foot problem returned. Was it a different pair of shoes even?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

What did you end up getting?

A pair of Mizuno Higatomi. I will probably use them for shorter runs and speed stuff. I like more cushion for the long runs but for $65 you can't beat it.

hog4life

Ginny and Zel, typically it's a combination of one or the other or both. The shoe laces too tight as my foot starts to swell, or socks kind of bunching up a little just behind the ball of my foot. The shoes were ok, have done plenty of 8-11 mile runs in them.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

It has been a LONG time since I've been on this forum (a few years actually) and didn't realize this forum moved from Runner's World. Over there I was known as "Rach^".

My husband and I just signed up for a half marathon and we are looking forward to it. Can't wait to get back into the groove!

hog4life

It has been a LONG time since I've been on this forum (a few years actually) and didn't realize this forum moved from Runner's World. Over there I was known as "Rach^".

My husband and I just signed up for a half marathon and we are looking forward to it. Can't wait to get back into the groove!

Hi ya Rachel,  good to see you back.

GinnyinPA

Hi Rachel/TSTS: when and where is your race?

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Ginny,

I will be traveling from Alaska to Florida to participate in the Best Damn Race half marathon in Jacksonville. The race is on Jan. 10, so I have a little bit of time. We don't have a goal time, just finish in the allotted time given. This will be my husband's second race, but I've done quite a few.

Rach^

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey, Rach!!!!!!

Hi, guys!  Getting ready for tomorrow.

Good luck to Brilliant!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ginny,

I will be traveling from Alaska to Florida to participate in the Best Damn Race half marathon in Jacksonville. The race is on Jan. 10, so I have a little bit of time. We don't have a goal time, just finish in the allotted time given. This will be my husband's second race, but I've done quite a few.

Rach^

Too bad you are doing the Jax race. We are doing the one in Capr Coral a month prior.

Damaris

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Damaris,

Darn it! The only reason why we're doing the Jacksonville one is because that's the time we are going to be there. Have you thought about doing the Run for the Booty in Tampa in Feb?

PADRunner

GetErDone B & D!

PADRunner

PADRunner

RD for me today. The 10k really beat me up more than I expected.

Now it's time to start training for the Dallas Half  12/14 and the Cowtown Full 3/1.

Brilliant

And they're off Chicago just started.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Watch-the-2014-Chicago-Marathon-272105781.html

Go, Damaris!!

Welcome back, Rachel.

obie, good job on keeping with the C25K plan.

PAD, beat you up how? What are your plans for training for the upcoming half & full?

I was up way too early - lots of noise at the host hotel, as the marathon starts 90 minutes before the half.  I just heard the Star-Spangled Banner from the comfort of my bed. Smile.  Thanks for the well wishes; I'll let you know later how it went!