Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies out the door! (Read 40 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning runners!

As I mentioned to Lily yesterday, I have a rather intense day of running going today.  A while ago, I had told my store owner I'd join him for 20 of the 30 miles he has planned.  His goal is just to run all of them at 8 minute pace, so that's the plan for those, and I'm heading out to meet him just after 6am.  After that, I also told the girl I'm training that I'd run her through her long run today.  So, after finishing my 20, I'm meeting my friend for around 15 more miles (her workout is 1hr E, 12x1min MP/1minE, 30 min E).

The funny thing is, this kind of day exemplifies one of the reasons why I run:  to be able to do crazy things, and have them seem and feel totally possible.

I'll check back in later to let you know if I survived it.  The nice thing is, I should be done in time to watch the football games!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

You mean you will check back in to see if they survived, ha!

I am running long today as well, but it will be much later this morning.  For now, I am headed back to sleep.  ZZZZZ's.

delicate flower

Hello now!!  SIAR, have fun today!  Sounds tiring.

Another ski day for me.  It won't be a full day....maybe 1:00.  My legs ache.  On an unrelated note, I ate a lot of cookies and pie last night.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning, guys!

I'm up early for work.

SIAR and Baboon, have a fun day.

LRB, enjoy your snooze.

Sundays are a long work day for me, but I may try to squeeze in a few miles to salvage this awful running week. I'm just grateful to be feeling better though. I hope everyone has a great day!

Will run for scenery.

SIAR, enjoy your day of crazy.

Baboon, enjoy your day of skiing (I can't believe you still ski!)

HL, well, work pays the bills.

LRB, enjoy those ZZZZZs. And the LR.

AFM, I've got a couple more hours of snoozing on tap, then a hike in the mountains.  It's gonna be 58 and sunny so I may bump the mileage up a bit.

Mmmmmm.....   Sleeeeeeeep....... Dreams of cookies and pie....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Saturday: 3 miles 29:03 - 9:41 avg. pace - easy + plyometric warm up + 3x200m @ 6:45 pace for Meg. Yesterday was my 4th run this month, and while one of my shortest ever it was a good one. Began with a 15:00 plyometric warm up routine that made that 1st mile much easier, even though it wasn't much faster than usual. After two mile jog I did my 200m reps that progressively got faster. Best I've felt in a while, which I credit the dynamic stretches.

More snow overnight and it seems even colder than yesterday. May run later before the games kick off. Run inspired!

Ana

She won!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

SIAR, if your legs are able to do it, then why not, enjoy the craziness! BTW, it's an interesting workout you have for your student. I never heard of 12x1 min. intervals at MP. And 15 miles in 2 hours, most of it at easy pace? Wow! Your student is fast... :-)

LRB, good luck with your LR!

Baboon, enjoy the apres-ski!

HobbitLegs, I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope the work day goes fast for you.

jjs22, sounds like a beautiful day for a hike!

Moth, your workouts sound very scientific to me. Where did you learn all this? Do you feel stronger overall since you've been doing the stretches? I hope the boys are enjoying the snow!

13 easy miles today, on very tired legs. And with that I will finish my second training week with 67 miles.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

And with that I will finish my second training week with 67 miles.

Nice!

SIAR - what LRB said

So a bit warmer today (well, currently 19/3), but of course now windy as a mofo. Longish run today, a bit later, after I digest my breakfast of homemade apple muffins. Then: FOOTBALL.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

SRD for me today, though it's going to be very nice out so I might take the camera and the big lens down to the riverwalk to get some pictures of something or other.

Lily, to answer yesterday's question, yes, I enjoy shooting. Rifle and pistol. I don't fancy myself a true marksman, but I enjoy it. I'd really like to get into long-range rifle shooting, but it's hard to find a place longer than 200 yards (~200 meters).

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Ooooooh Yeah!

You know how we do it!

Supp Boon, H78, Lily and s22!

Dave, they are talking wind gusts of up to 40 MPH.  Do not wait too long or you will be needing them Kevlar drauz of yours.  lol

LRB

In the spirit of the thread title; I'm, out the doe.  Peace!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hopefully I can get my 14 miler in by noon, not much sleep last night so I wasn't able to get up and run early this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Sunday!  Today I will be doing a short run at Fort Sam Houston after Gail gets home from church.  She is planning to either swim or do a short walk.  If she does a short walk, then we will both do a weight training circuit following her walk and my run.

Yesterday I did my 5th race of 2014.  Here is the link to my report and photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/00f9f9850148458395c7d7c97bf60f6c/resume#focus

As for football:  Go Seahawks and Go Denver!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt