Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 36 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

3:58:44 for me at NYCM.  More later.  Hope everyone is well!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

outoftheblue

Awesome job Meaghan!

Life is good.

happylily

Meaghan, that is an awesome time! From what I understand, NY is not an easy course, it's actually harder than Boston. Huge congrats to you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Yeah!  Nice job!

LRB

But now I have to chalk the race up to a training run, rather than a new PR.

If I did that, about two of the dozen of the events I have run would not have count!  Do not sell yourself short, count it as a race with an asterisk in your head.  Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Meaghan!!!

Damaris

LRB

In the end it all paid off!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice run, Meaghan!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And Tom was being nice.  My time was less than stellR but with the million marathons I have it's expected.

Damaris

happylily

Ick -- I had an inadvertent DNC on my race today, as I think I missed running a silly little .1 or so  cul-de-sac on the course.  I finished with a 2:01:16 which I was really stoked about until I saw my Garmin reading 13:05.  When I got home, I checked the course map vs. my garmin and saw this teeny, tiny little cul-de-sac  (literally 100 meters each way) on the course that I missed..  It must have been really poorly marked.  I was following a pretty steady stream of runners the whole way and actively looking for course markers as I hadn't run this race before.   Never saw it and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one.   The good news is that my overall pace was still ahead of my PR pace, so I would have PR'ed had I run that extra .1-ish.   But now I have to chalk the race up to a training run, rather than a new PR.

How upsetting to have had it so poorly marked... But you can still consider it a pace PR! Congratulations on a such a great strong race!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

And Tom was being nice.  My time was less than stellR but with the million marathons I have it's expected.

I peeked at the results, and actually think your time is really good considering that this race came in the middle of your quest for a second star.   Knocking off a marathon a week does kind of prevent racing to the best of your ability.  Kudos on a nice effort out there today.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

How upsetting to have had it so poorly marked... But you can still consider it a pace PR! Congratulations on a such a great strong race!

Thanks for the nice words Lily!

Life is good.

Jess runs for bacon

You must have ran by us and we still missed you! congrats Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I peeked at the results, and actually think your time is really good considering that this race came in the middle of your quest for a second star.   Knocking off a marathon a week does kind of prevent racing to the best of your ability.  Kudos on a nice effort out there today.

Thanks.  I am not unhappy with the result.  Just frustrated with the loin issue (LOL) that is also preventing me from pushing even I can.

sorry for your race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You must have ran by us and we still missed you! congrats Smile

I kept looking to ny left.  Where were you?

Damaris