Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Afternoondailies (Read 20 times)

DavePNW

At least on Eastern time. What’s going on, people??

I turned my watch on when I went out, but somehow neglected to start it.  Didn’t realize till it beeped for the 5 minute timeout. So I’m just gonna add that part manually, because god forbid I lose a half mile. 

6 miles, 54 for the week (despite what Strava will say).

Dave

sdWhiskers

RD. I slept in and it felt so good.

Dave-such a rookie mistake 

DavePNW

Dave-such a rookie mistake 

IK,R? You’d think I hadn’t done this 3000+ times over the past 10+ years

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with 10 x 200 plus strength training.

I've run on the treadmill and had the watch on GPS. When it didn;t beep for the first mile in the range I would expect, I figured out the issues. A few weeks ago, i forgot to stop the wacth after a strength training workout. I only realized it 2 hours laater. Garmin first congratulated me on my longest session

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - I did the same thing just a couple of weeks ago.

I got a late start today and the smoke is coming back, so I kept it short.  I have an evening 5k mid-week, so I'm not going to be doing anything too long for the next couple of days.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

I had a great bike ride this morning.  46 miles @ 20 mph avg.  It's weird because I was feeling tired early into the ride and got stronger as the ride went on.  My power output got higher with every 5 mile split.  Good stuff.  I saw a momma bear and two cubs on the roadside too like 20 feet from me....so cute!!  I moved to the opposite side of the road to give them plenty of space.  After the ride, DW and I dropped our bikes at the shop for delivery to our race.  We'll get to the race and the bikes will be racked and waiting for us.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I had a great bike ride this morning.  46 miles @ 20 mph avg.  It's weird because I was feeling tired early into the ride and got stronger as the ride went on.  My power output got higher with every 5 mile split.  Good stuff.  I saw a momma bear and two cubs on the roadside too like 20 feet from me....so cute!!  I moved to the opposite side of the road to give them plenty of space.  After the ride, DW and I dropped our bikes at the shop for delivery to our race.  We'll get to the race and the bikes will be racked and waiting for us.

I love workouts that progress like that.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I ran 5. I might lift later today but for now I'm starving.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, I did my 32nd 5K race of the year.  It was HILLY!  You can find my race report and photos at my blog:

https://scottydogreports.com/

Followed up my 5K today with a very easy run/walk at Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio.  Lots of shade, nice wide roads, and not a hill to be found on my course, lol.  I took it very easy and ended up with 3.1 miles and positive splits, which is what I was shooting for, to give my legs a break after my 5K hills the day before. Very enjoyable outing.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt