Beginners and Beyond

Melalgia Monday Penguins (Read 32 times)

Zelanie

10.1 cold, slushy, icy miles yesterday. I took it very slow. Once I relaxed after about 3 miles, I started enjoying it. I originally wanted to do 5, but I was just having too much fun.

That's a lot of running.  Maybe you should rest this week.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry about the knees, Cherie, but you sure fought your way through it.

SRD after our 3rd LR in 8 days.  LR's are starting to feel like short runs now.

Have a great week !!!

SheCan

Hey, guys.  We have been in Chicago until late today.  We ran in the snow and we had a great time. While here, Trixie fell ill and she was hospitalized.  They suspect some sort of liver infection or disease.  We get to see her late tonight at the vet.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Cry  ahhh, I hope she's going to be alright.  Poor Trixie.

Thanks, Awood, Kristin, Jerry and everyone.  For now, just hoping all this soreness goes away quickly.  The thought of having to go to the gym isn't appealing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, I just noticed that both those race links you put up, go to the same RR..  Wink

Brain dump, duhh..  I fixed it, thanks!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you have (or had) a safe travel day, Jack.  Some crazy weather out and about this week.

Good luck with getting your 4 in, StoneFence.

Yay for back on day shift, Mitch!

Hope you get all the things done you need to.  Glad your calf is feeling better.

Sounds like quite an adventurous family run, Awood, out in the dark in the snow...even on a track it still sounds...slippery....especially in the dark.

How is the weather in your part of the world, Bin?  Lots of rain?  Good luck with your HM training if yo sign up for the half.

Congrats on your marathon, Cherie!  Even though it did not go the way you wanted it, still...you did a marathon!  Rest up now.   Darn, Jack missed you...so no Great Legs photo... Cry   Wink

Yeah, Dan, I saw the winter wonderland  photos of the Dallas area on TV yesterday...sheesh!  Be careful out there!

Kristin, so sorry about your heel!  You might want to go to a local pharmacy and get a couple of those gel heel pads for temporary use in your shoes, this will cushion the heel area when your foot hits the ground.

Damaris, so sorry to hear about Trixie, that sucks.  Hope everything comes out okay.

Enjoy the rest day, Jerry.

Hi, Zelanie!   Getting any warmer up there?

Zelanie

Cherie- I'm sorry that you had such a rough race.  But I think you did better in the second half than you thought.  I got 4 text updates on your progress, and every one showed you speeding up- from 11:04 pace at 5.9 miles, to 10:43 pace at 12.5 miles, to 10:39 pace at 18.9 miles, to 10:23 pace at the finish.  As usual, I think you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for!

Damaris- Hoping Trixie is feeling better!

Kristin- I am hoping that's just soreness from the run, as others have said, and that it clears up quickly for you!

Scotty- It's about 10 degrees F here.  Another snow day because the roads are still terrible, even though it hasn't snowed since Friday.  It might get up to freezing for a bit this afternoon, but then maybe freezing rain tonight.   I am definitely feeling some Melalgia today!

Dad on the run.

Hog - You running the Rumpshaker again? Also did you receive the 5 dollar off coupon code in your email?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Kristin, that is such a bummer about your foot. It's kind of weird, but coming off my PF, my foot would hurt sometimes in the exact way you described yours. I sure hope you get better soon.

Cherie, your time was so good, and it wasn't slow. I will do a happy dance if I can make 4:30 ish. Glad you got to meet Jack, He is so TALL.

Awood, I need to get some work done on my truck, seeing that I just turned 105k.

Dan, I seen the video on FB, ice skating on the side walk, lol.

Scotty, Your race record is going down!

I only run 12 miles last week after doing my PR of 51 the week before. I worked 75 hours last week, and that's just not good for marathon training. This week will only be 8-15 miles before Sat's LR.

SheCan

((((((((( Zelanie ))))))))))  Thank you!  I just felt really frustrated with it.  But, it really wasn't a total loss.  I still had fun.  I love the energy at races, and the spectators (who were more enthusiastic then in years past.)

Scotty-- I'm sorry, I posted this already but took it down after I thought everyone had the chance to see it. I did get the pleasure of meeting Jack at the expo the day before.  Not much of a "great legs" photo, but baby, it's all I got!  Must say, though, that Jack sure has some long, lean, FAST legs!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Hog - You running the Rumpshaker again? Also did you receive the 5 dollar off coupon code in your email?

Yes I plan to run it again. I also got the email, and I think if you register before Jan 4, you get an additional $5 off. This gives a total of $10 off. 2 of my grandkids are getting the running bug, so I will probably sign them up too. I'll take a vacation day if I have to so I'm not rushed like this year Smile . Maybe this will be my PR attempt if I survive this darned marathon.

hog4life

Cherie, why do you think your knees were sore from the start? Seems odd.....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

((((((((( Zelanie ))))))))))  Thank you!  I just felt really frustrated with it.  But, it really wasn't a total loss.  I still had fun.  I love the energy at races, and the spectators (who were more enthusiastic then in years past.)

Scotty-- I'm sorry, I posted this already but took it down after I thought everyone had the chance to see it. I did get the pleasure of meeting Jack at the expo the day before.  Not much of a "great legs" photo, but baby, it's all I got!  Must say, though, that Jack sure has some long, lean, FAST legs!

And a beautiful smile too!  Thanks,Jack.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I'm not surprised you're hurting with three races in two days.  Take it easy for now.

Jack - I'm looking forward to reading your race report.

Cherie - Great picture. I'm sorry your race didn't go as you'd hoped, but I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.  Was it the long downhill at the start that trashed your knees?

Kristin - I'm sorry you're having so much pain today.  Try massage and stretching, maybe ice when you get home.

StoneFence - hope you get out today.

Tracilynn - good idea to rest it another day, JIC.  Agree about Christmas being stressful, especially for those of you who have kids who are super excited and bouncing off the walls.

Mitch - yea for day shift.  How long will you be on it?

Awood - your run last night sounds like a nice compromise.  Do you keep your car stocked with emergency supplies when you're traveling in winter?  I see folks on the news who are stuck on the freeway for a day or two after an accident, and always wonder "Who goes out when the weather is that bad?"  I guess you're one of them.

Bin - nice that you can run with other people.  Are they at a similar pace to yours?

Dan - I guess once your feet are wet, you might as well just relax and enjoy.  Good job on the ten.

Damaris - I'm sorry about Trixie.  I hope she gets better. Did you do a race report?

Jerry - three long runs in a week?  Good for you.

Z - ice is worse than snow.  I hope it warms up for you soon.

Mitch - that kind of schedule is hard enough on the body, you're smart not to push the running too hard.  Will work ease up soon?

AFM:  We only got about 3 inches of snow, topped with 1/4 inch of ice.  Shoveling took longer than I expected because of the ice which was both the top and bottom layer.  No running today, though as I watched a neighbor jog by while we were outside, I was envious.  Funny how 29 can feel almost warm, when you're working.

hog4life

Ginny, just one week for days. I switch every week. The long hours should taper soon, I hope. The extra money has been nice, but I'm getting really tired. I will be taking Friday and Saturday off for the expo and race.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys.....it hasn't gotten better as the day has progressed......still limping around Sad so frustrated!!! Trying not to panic too much but it really hurts!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to