Beginners and Beyond

Calling all WednesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

From the Internet.

I haven't been running the last couple days, I think I have a cold (runny nose) and I'm not feeling it. I'm also on an antibiotic for my ear since last week, which may be why I'm not feeling 100%. My family doctor thinks I may have an ear infection and it was causing my dizziness. I haven't had any fainting moments since last week, so maybe that's it. I really need a vacation, because I'm in real bad shape!!! Today, I also have my appointment with my cardiologist at 1pm. I'm hoping he sees the lungs and the heart of a horse on me, since I should be well rested with the little running I've been doing. One last thing, I ate 6 donuts in the last 2 days, which is a new low for me. I NEVER eat donuts, don't even like them. But I'm so mentally screwed up at the moment that I crave the cheap sugar and I want the thought that I'm disgusting for clogging my arteries with all that fat. It's like self-punishment for not running. Did I say that I need a vacation?

Feel better soon! Fun fact: your body craves sugar/simple carbs when you're sick so it can get its energy from super easy-to-digest sources and put more resources toward fighting off whatever you have. Accept it and enjoy the donuts!

DavePNW

SRD, but I need to reintroduce some core/bodyweight strength work. Anyone have a good 15-20 minute routine you want to share? As little equipment as possible, please. I do have an exercise ball (needs air at the moment), a yoga mat, some 10-lb dumbbells.

Hold a plank for 15-20 min. You're welcome.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Feel better soon! Fun fact: your body craves sugar/simple carbs when you're sick so it can get its energy from super easy-to-digest sources and put more resources toward fighting off whatever you have. Accept it and enjoy the donuts!

So it's doctor mandated!!!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Shouldn't she respect the distance and train for it first?

Damaris

From the Internet.

Shouldn't she respect the distance and train for it first?

lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am back home now from Washington State and will be glad to run this afternoon sometime....in 60 degree weather!  It's a bit cloudy and slight drizzle, but that's okay...it's 60 degrees!  Shorts weather again, yay!  And, of course, one of the first things I did after getting home was sign up for a 5K: The Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K this coming Saturday.

Good luck with your red cord assessment, LRB.  Let's hope it's a good assessment so Nicole doesn't beat you with a red cord.

Wow, Basya, hope you don't come down with pneumonia either, that is some serious stuff!  Hope you feel better!

Yay, Dave, for getting some running in again!  Wishing you a speedy comeback and full recovery!

in the cold, wind, and sleet.  Not enjoyable.  I can relate, Phil!  And I only had to deal with it a few days.  I admire you folks that have to deal with that stuff ALL winter.  BTW, predicted forecast for my 5K this weekend:  mid 60s... you can come visit any time, Baboon, when you feel you need a winter get-away. 

Good luck with your Pilates, Damaris and your to-and-from miles!

but I need to reintroduce some core/bodyweight strength work.  Oh, crappola, thanks for reminding me, Step, I need to get with the program too.  As expected, my doctor scolded me for  getting lazy in this area, haven't done my weight training circuit in about 3 weeks. I really need to STAY DISCIPLINED in this area because it really helps with my arthritic back.   I hope you find a program that works for you!

Congrats on the 8, onemile.  Hope your weather was cooperative!

3.9, way to go, B-Plus.  And was YOUR weather cooperative?

Sorry about the ear infection, Lilly.  I said... SORRY ABOUT THE EAR INFECTION, LILY!    Seriously, hope you feel better, I can relate to ear stuff, had a lot of them when I was a kid, and as an adult I actually had surgery for one...and that unexpected surgery may have saved my life.  Good luck with all your appointments, etc., and I hope you are 100 percent in no time!    As for vacation...as I mentioned to Phil, feel free to visit any time.  Our winters here are mild, and Gail and I will take you to the Riverwalk for post-run margaritas, daquiries, etc.  You just might get all relaxed.   Our guestroom is SMALL (like Liliputian small!) and we have 4 cats...but it is FREE.

Lauren, you know what to do when you are run down?   Get the license number!     Seriously, hope you feel better and get energized again in no time.  Good luck with your miles if you decide to do them.   Don't push it, though, and make yourself feel worse.

Good luck with the miles, Jay, and the shopping.

Stay safe, Jack, in all the rain and mud and muck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hey guys.  On the shuttle to the airport, so the plan is to use ALL OF TEH WIFI while I still have it. Smile

I have a really hard time understanding complicated things like alarm clocks when I am sleepy, so today I managed to turn my clock back to daylight savings mode and accidentally got up an hour early.  By the time I realized it, I had breakfast halfway  made, so no going back to bed for me.  Maybe I will sleep on the plane.  I did get some more cleaning and stuff done at home- we will have our exchange student with us when we get back so I want things to be as well done as possible.

No running for me today, since I get in late, unless I am just super motivated when I get to the hotel for some reason.  No word on whether I am by myself or rooming with a stranger (new hire).

Hugs to Lily. 

Dave- Good news about the knee!

LRB

That would bore the living crap out of me!

LRB

I have a really hard time understanding complicated things like alarm clocks when I am sleepy, so today I managed to turn my clock back to daylight savings mode and accidentally got up an hour early.  By the time I realized it, I had breakfast halfway made, so no going back to bed for me. 

FFS lol

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

outoftheblue

I can't even imagine.  But, I've hated mediating every time I've tried it.  I'm just an impatient type, I guess.

SRD for me.  Getting very excited and nervous about his weekend.  This is the first time I'm spending a night in a hotel before a marathon -- or any important race for that matter.  So that's one more variable to worry about.  Packing everything, including food, I might need.   After years and years of traveling for work, I can't believe what a home-body I've turned into.

Julie -- sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.  Hope you get better soon!

Life is good.

LRB

I can't even imagine.  But, I've hated mediating every time I've tried it.  I'm just an impatient type, I guess.

SRD for me.  Getting very excited and nervous about his weekend.  This is the first time I'm spending a night in a hotel before a marathon -- or any important race for that matter.  So that's one more variable to worry about.  Packing everything, including food, I might need.   After years and years of traveling for work, I can't believe what a home-body I've turned into.

Julie -- sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.  Hope you get better soon!

Once you have settled into your room you will find peace, and you will take it right to the start line.

Zelanie

OOTB- I will be rooting for you!

DavePNW

Of course you could DO it, you would just be yawning the whole time.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Note to self: Put Dave on "ignore".

I like LRB's routine, but not place for pull-ups (which I would be awful at anyway).

Feel better soon, Lily! I like the idea of a mini-vacation (spa day with your daughter, maybe? Surely grandpa and uncle could babysit the little one).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Note to self: Put Dave on "ignore".

What are you, my wife?

Dave