Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #6 (Read 34 times)

bluerun

Super B****

The thing about retirement is you're old, that's a deal breaker for me. I'd rather be young(er) and working. Now if you can offer me retirement at the age I am now, I'll take it! 💯

You know how they say youth is wasted on the young? I say retirement is wasted on the old. (Like, you work and work and work and work and by the time you're done, you're too old to appreciate that you don't have to do it anymore! Though I guess it won't be an issue for me since I'm going to die before I ever retire.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Health care costs are the big wild card.

Having to buy health insurance on the open market for the first time, I can tell you this is the understatement of the century. It’s pretty freaking insane. 

Got back at it today for 4 miles. I could still feel the hammy issue lurking under the surface, but it stayed under control. I’d call it a win.

Dave

LRB

You know how they say youth is wasted on the young? I say retirement is wasted on the old. (Like, you work and work and work and work and by the time you're done, you're too old to appreciate that you don't have to do it anymore! Though I guess it won't be an issue for me since I'm going to die before I ever retire.)

It's exactly why I decided to live for the here and now instead of waiting to retire to travel and see the world because A, retirement may never come and B, I could drop dead before it does (you however, won't be so lucky lol). Say, speaking of doing all the things, this is the year I'll check scuba diving off my list. My first class is March 7th, EEK! 😬

LRB

Having to buy health insurance on the open market for the first time, I can tell you this is the understatement of the century. It’s pretty freaking insane. 

Got back at it today for 4 miles. I could still feel the hammy issue lurking under the surface, but it stayed under control. I’d call it a win.

Good news.

LRB

Thanks!

A friend of mine just posted: earthquake, this calls for a Spanish Merlot. I texted back: with the amount of earthquakes already today (3), you might end up drunk by noon!

Them people can't catch a break.

bluerun

Super B****

It's exactly why I decided to live for the here and now instead of waiting to retire to travel and see the world because A, retirement may never come and B, I could drop dead before it does (you however, won't be so lucky lol). Say, speaking of doing all the things, this is the year I'll check scuba diving off my list. My first class is March 7th, EEK! 😬

It was meant to be checked off my list, too... look what happened. (Side note, I never understood why people went through getting certified before even trying it... what if you don't like it?! But then, I never understood feeling anxious about diving either. I guess maybe the process would help people who felt that way. I didn't even know scuba certification was a thing the first time I tried it.)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Also, hahahahaha... the Gridiron 4M just sold out. Guess that takes care of that!

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm aiming to make it happen in the 50-55 age range. Health care costs are the big wild card.

Yeap. That's why I'll be here until I can't anymore to get that wonderful medical insurance. That might change if this country gets on the 21st century bandwagon and does Medicare for all or something where we don't have to worry about it.

Damaris

DavePNW

if this country gets on the 21st century bandwagon and does Medicare for all or something where we don't have to worry about it.

Dave

LRB

It was meant to be checked off my list, too... look what happened. (Side note, I never understood why people went through getting certified before even trying it... what if you don't like it?! But then, I never understood feeling anxious about diving either. I guess maybe the process would help people who felt that way. I didn't even know scuba certification was a thing the first time I tried it.)

I have no idea where this is going but I've had an innate fascination with the deep since I was a kid. I don't really understand what's involved but it seems that this is a required first step and it's past time that I get to it. And yes, I'm both excited and terrified! 

LRB

lol

That ship has sailed

Cyberic

I only scuba dived once. We were skydivers and made friends with divers (they had their own scuba diving business). I was the only one of us (skydivers) who had never gone scubadiving before.

So on Dec 31st, they organize a 10PM dive with a couple of friends, and we were amongst those friends. A 50 ft night dive, on my first, and they were bringing champagne to drink under water.

During the day I went to their small pool to get a crash course. Went good.

I did not enjoy the dive, though. Water pressure was not something I enjoyed. I got through it, passed on the champagne, and nothing went wrong. Afterwards the guys regretted bringing me. They decided to bring me because they knew, being an instructor myself, that I would not start freaking out and do dangerous stuff, and in that they were right as I followed instructions perfectly, but they had not anticipated that I would not enjoy being under water. It was freaking me out. I could control it, but still.

I figure at 15 feet, water pressure would not be an issue, but I'm not much of a water guy so I feel no attraction towards that activity.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, I should've put IF in capital letters...

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I have no idea where this is going but I've had an innate fascination with the deep since I was a kid. I don't really understand what's involved but it seems that this is a required first step and it's past time that I get to it. And yes, I'm both excited and terrified! 

That's just what I'm saying: it's not. My niece is diving with me next week (supposedly) and she's not certified, she's just doing a Discover Scuba. Seems a lot more logical to me to do that rather than shelling out all the money for a certification if you don't even know whether you like it or if you'll ever do it again, but that's just me.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Blue, I thought scuba cert was a requirement?