Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

The worst fatigue usually happens just a few weeks before taper begins. You are in that phase, I believe. If you do not feel overly fatigued, great! But if you find yourself more fatigued than usual in the coming days, don't worry about it, it's normal.

Yep, I was cruising along until the morning of my last run then kaput happened.  My legs were dead for two weeks after that but magically recovered the week of the race, and the morning of felt the best they had all year!

Zelanie

Heidi ho, neighbors!  I'll take some of that coffee over here, please!

I'd like to run today, but between work, working a weight watchers meetings, and then carving pumpkins at my MIL's house, I'm not sure that's in the cards for me.  So probably a RD.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

9.5 miles at or around race pace on Sunday and felt kind of meh.  Rather gusty wind in the face for a few miles which I thought was a good practice for NYC.  Some hills too.

Trying hard not to succumb to taper madness.

On the fun side, still some beautiful fall foliage, and ran into the Pan Am Games marathon course measuring crew in High Park - That's for 2015.  Guess they'll have to go up and down those hills!

B-Plus

SRD

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Coffee, please.

Later on today I will run for 35 minutes or so and do some strides. A possible FE with PAD is in the works...

Have a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Coffee, please.

Later on today I will run for 35 minutes or so and do some strides. A possible FE with PAD is in the works...

Have a good day.

FE!

Damaris

happylily

9.5 miles at or around race pace on Sunday and felt kind of meh.  Rather gusty wind in the face for a few miles which I thought was a good practice for NYC.  Some hills too.

Trying hard not to succumb to taper madness.

On the fun side, still some beautiful fall foliage, and ran into the Pan Am Games marathon course measuring crew in High Park - That's for 2015.  Guess they'll have to go up and down those hills!

Will they have all that construction finished in time for the Pan Am Games? Driving around the city is maddening for out-of-towners. A GPS is of absolutely no help.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

ope you're right

Well I don't know anything about anything, other than my own personal experience. I never really dread my workouts, and my legs usually only feel totally dead during warmup miles and some easy/recovery runs. But when it gets toward the end of the heavy training right before taper, my body feels really beat up - lots of aches & pains that I feel just walking around. Like if I had to do one more week of that, I would completely disintegrate. YMMV. In any case you have been kicking major ass during this training cycle, and as far as your training it is what it is. It may in fact be that keeping your training a little half-assed has helped keep you healthy. Whether you have maximized your potential who can say, but you are going to have a tremendous race.

Thank you, sir.  Hope you're right!

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well I don't know anything about anything, other than my own personal experience. I never really dread my workouts, and my legs usually only feel totally dead during warmup miles and some easy/recovery runs. But when it gets toward the end of the heavy training right before taper, my body feels really beat up - lots of aches & pains that I feel just walking around. Like if I had to do one more week of that, I would completely disintegrate. YMMV. In any case you have been kicking major ass during this training cycle, and as far as your training it is what it is. It may in fact be that keeping your training a little half-assed has helped keep you healthy. Whether you have maximized your potential who can say, but you are going to have a tremendous race.

Yep.

Baboon

delicate flower

Coffee, please.

Have a good day.

He said this the other day in the race weight thread:

Don't know if this is right or not. 114 before my run, 109.5 after 12m.

If you're having lunch with him, please get him a burger.

<3

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

That's the goal.  But a few projects, like Union Station retrofit, are way behind schedule and may not be finished in time for PanAm.  The Athletes Village (you ran through it on the marathon course) will be completed because they want to start selling those condos.  Some of the stadiums and arenas are in far-flung locations.  They promised express rail connection to YYZ Pearson International, so guess that's coming.

There is palpable lack of excitement in the city about the PanAm Games because they're not Olympics

Will they have all that construction finished in time for the Pan Am Games? Driving around the city is maddening for out-of-towners. A GPS is of absolutely no help.

onemile

Our forecast for Saturday is looking kinda chilly, FreeSoul.  What are you planning to wear?

LRB

Morning

rest day for me

LRB I can only imagine. I haven't done much Pilates in three weeks since my instructor has been on vacation in Australia.  This week returning to it will be tough.

I would like to incorporate some Pilates this year as well if I can find a good deal.  I liked the idea of going somewhere to do a scheduled, structured workout as opposed to working out from home.

onemile

I would like to incorporate some Pilates this year as well if I can find a good deal.  I liked the idea of going somewhere to do a scheduled, structured workout as opposed to working out from home.

Isn't that for girls?