Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

He said this the other day in the race weight thread:

If you're having lunch with him, please get him a burger.

LOL!! I will be sure to make it a double. Smile

DavePNW

Isn't that for girls? 

You're right, it doesn't make sense that he'd want to start going to a workout class that's full of girls, many of whom will probably be wearing yoga pants.

Dave

onemile

You're right, it doesn't make sense that he'd want to start going to a workout class that's full of girls, many of whom will probably be wearing yoga pants.

LOL good point.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I've done Pilates for half a year, and usually was one of the two guys in the room, if not the only one.

People do not know what they're missing

Isn't that for girls? 

Mmmmm...beer

OMFG I'm sore.

Combine laying it all out there for a race, and then a 20 miler the following day, and you get what is probably the most sore that I've ever been.  Rolling with my R8 is probably the closest thing to torture that I've ever experienced, my wife was laughing at me last night.  What's the term, super compensation? lol  We'll see. Smile  It's funny, I can walk fine, stairs and all, but putting that roller on my leg is just crazy.

I'll do some recovery miles this evening.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

amen to that

(it's also a great core workout)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would like to incorporate some Pilates this year as well if I can find a good deal.  I liked the idea of going somewhere to do a scheduled, structured workout as opposed to working out from home.

Start class shopping and look for how much will private classes cost.  There is nothing as individualized as private classes.  Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

amen to that

(it's also a great core workout)

It is a great core workout, although this bitch works my upper body as well.  Last Tuesday she worked my lower body and then she sent me to run.  Bitch, I tell you!

Damaris

LRB

Actually Dave you can have what I've seen in yoga pants.  lol

One, I may have thought that at one time but I tried it during a physical therapy session once and straight stunk up the joint, them shits was tough yo.  I was shaking all over the place!

That was when I realized that squats, dead lifts, bench pressing and all the other manly things I did had no effect on core or running strength.

So while traditional weight lifting will still play a small part this off season, red cord, the TRX and gulp, Pilates will form the bulk of my strength training. Which should make for quite the hilarity in the dailies.  

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Yep - Exactly the reason why I was doing Pilates in the offseason.  My running coach basically told me to knock it off when I started training with him.

It is a great core workout, although this bitch works my upper body as well.  Last Tuesday she worked my lower body and then she sent me to run.  Bitch, I tell you!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Interestingly, Pilates technique was first developed for boxers.  Then ballet dancers noticed it, hence the "for girls" label.  It's really for everybody, and works well for runners because it does not promote upper body bulk.  But it could screw up your lower body too.

DavePNW

OMFG I'm sore.

Combine laying it all out there for a race, and then a 20 miler the following day, and you get what is probably the most sore that I've ever been.  Rolling with my R8 is probably the closest thing to torture that I've ever experienced, my wife was laughing at me last night.  What's the term, super compensation? lol  We'll see. Smile  It's funny, I can walk fine, stairs and all, but putting that roller on my leg is just crazy.

I'll do some recovery miles this evening.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

BREAKING NEWS: D2 IS HUMAN!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yep - Exactly the reason why I was doing Pilates in the offseason.  My running coach basically told me to knock it off when I started training with him.

Ha.  My coach loves that I do it twice a week, even on marathon week.  The key is to beg for mercy the week of the race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Interestingly, Pilates technique was first developed for boxers.  Then ballet dancers noticed it, hence the "for girls" label.  It's really for everybody, and works well for runners because it does not promote upper body bulk.  But it could screw up your lower body too.

Case in point, me....

I am always cursing her but she has made me stronger.  But that 10 with 6 at MP after a Pilates session was fucking hard.  I think I can hear her laughing still.

Damaris

LRB

BREAKING NEWS: D2 IS HUMAN!

Only when not racing.