Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

For Canadian eyes only:

CBC sacks Jian Ghomeshi because of vengeful ex-GFs coming forward with details of his proclivities in bed, claiming abuse and lack of consent.  In which context the word "sacks" takes on an entirely new and unexpected meaning.

Moral of the story, don't fuck around with 20-somethings if you are over 40.  They are aware of the social media and not afraid to use it.

(for our US friends, it's kind of like NPR firing their top host and star attraction, whoever that is).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Haha!

BREAKING NEWS: D2 IS HUMAN!

6.75 recovery done.  Started w my DW at a 10min/ mile.

Crept up to 9 min/ mile and dropped her at 3. (She did a little walking after).

Then I went ahead and relaxed....

Settled in with a very comfortable 7:15 - 7:00 for the rest.

Easy peasy.  Hmmm... Just reinforces the idea that either:

1. My training really set me up for this

or

2. I didn't race hard enough.

meh.

Have a great day all ( might have to schedule another Marathon before the 2016 Boston.   Farg)

LRB

6.75 recovery done.  Started w my DW at a 10min/ mile.

Crept up to 9 min/ mile and dropped her at 3. (She did a little walking after).

Then I went ahead and relaxed....

Settled in with a very comfortable 7:15 - 7:00 for the rest.

Easy peasy.  Hmmm... Just reinforces the idea that either:

1. My training really set me up for this

or

2. I didn't race hard enough.

meh.

Have a great day all ( might have to schedule another Marathon before the 2016 Boston.   Farg)

I cannot see how #2 is even a remote possibility given your 10k and half split.  Give it another day when DOMS sets in before you start bashing your effort yo.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Our forecast for Saturday is looking kinda chilly, FreeSoul.  What are you planning to wear?

Ain't cool, I just hope 7-8 am will be closer to 35-40 damn it.

Original plan was capris, a dri fit t-shirt, gloves ( of course sports bra) and a throw away sweater, but now I am debating on my under armour long sleeve thermal dri fit thingy underneath my t-shirt which means I will most likely be burning up by mile 13.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Ain't cool, I just hope 7-8 am will be closer to 35-40 damn it.

Original plan was capris, a dri fit t-shirt, gloves ( of course sports bra) and a throw away sweater, but now I am debating on my under armour long sleeve thermal dri fit thingy underneath my t-shirt which means I will most likely be burning up by mile 13.

Yeah I was going to wear a tank top and arm warmers but second guessing that.

happylily

For Canadian eyes only:

CBC sacks Jian Ghomeshi because of vengeful ex-GFs coming forward with details of his proclivities in bed, claiming abuse and lack of consent.  In which context the word "sacks" takes on an entirely new and unexpected meaning.

Moral of the story, don't fuck around with 20-somethings if you are over 40.  They are aware of the social media and not afraid to use it.

(for our US friends, it's kind of like NPR firing their top host and star attraction, whoever that is).

LOL...

I know little about this guy, but isn't it possible that his partners were into the violent sex play as well, for whatever reason, until the relationships stopped? Then, upset about the breakup, the ladies turned against him saying that he beat them without their consent. If they didn't leave him to go to the police right away, or if they willingly decided to continue a relationship with him, weren't they willing players in the game? And can the CBC fire him before he's been found guilty? But if it's true that he verbally sexually harassed a co-worker, though, then yes, he should be fired. Then again, I read quickly, it's just an impression I got from reading the one article.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I just hope 7-8 am will be closer to 35-40 damn it.

What exactly is the forecast?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates is not just for girls.  It was initially used more for guys.

My inistructor gets some guys.  Just most think that it is for girls.  Until she gets hold of them and they realize that it is tougher than it looks.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Interestingly, Pilates technique was first developed for boxers.  Then ballet dancers noticed it, hence the "for girls" label.  It's really for everybody, and works well for runners because it does not promote upper body bulk.  But it could screw up your lower body too.

THIS

Marjorie

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

We really don't know enough to pass judgement, but it was common knowledge in CBC (and the city) that the guy was forever chasing pretty young things.  Sooner or later it had to catch up with him.

as far as whatever they did or didn't do in bed, none of my business.  But I'm guessing if his partners did not press charges at the time, it was likely consensual.  Yes, CBC was probably more alarmed by workplace harassment allegations (even though they are still just allegations.)

Problem is, coming forward with allegations is a lose-lose proposition for women as well.  Unless they have some kind of bulletproof evidence, it's all he said/she said.

LOL...

I know little about this guy, but isn't it possible that his partners were into the violent sex play as well, for whatever reason, until the relationships stopped? Then, upset about the breakup, the ladies turned against him saying that he beat them without their consent. If they didn't leave him to go to the police right away, or if they willingly decided to continue a relationship with him, weren't they willing players in the game? And can the CBC fire him before he's been found guilty? But if it's true that he verbally sexually harassed a co-worker, though, then yes, he should be fired. Then again, I read quickly, it's just an impression I got from reading the one article.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What exactly is the forecast?

Well, it says high of 48 low of 29 (on 14wfie), which usually means the low is at night while the high is around noon or 2 PM. I won't know exactly what the temp will be at 7 and 8 AM that day until Thursday and Friday when you can look up the hourly forecast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Yeah if it's 29 degrees at the start you could expect it to warm up and once it does it warms up rapidly.

I would wear what One has planned to wear with an extra pair of gloves to toss after my hands warm up, but obviously you two know yourselves.

I took about 18 combinations of clothing options with me (no shit) and decided on what I was going to wear once I stepped outside.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

When traveling out of town, bring everything you THINK you might need. RW says so.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

or maybe you could give runsie a try

DavePNW

At 7AM will be the low temp for the day. Last Sunday in Detroit it was 36 degrees with 30 windchill at the start. In hindsight I threw away more clothes than I wore. I had a sweatshirt & warmup pants for waiting around at the start (I was there ~1.5 hrs early); both were ditched before the gun. Started the race with hat & gloves, ditched both after a few miles. I ran in long sleeve tech tee over short sleeve tee & shorts. I was pretty comfortable. I'd be surprised if it hit 40 degrees by the finish, maybe LRB knows. (Of course it was much warmer by the time I finished, ha ha.) Got a bit windy at times during the race, so I was glad to have the sleeves & extra layer. Debated about the 2nd layer till the moment I left the house, probably would've been fine either way.

Dave