Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If I wear thermal on anything higher than 10F I would be sweating like a pig and overheating.  And I am from the Tropics!

Well hell I don't know what it is called, or whatever it is... but it's a layered type of clothing damn it with sleeves.

Something like this:

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/heatgear-sonic-ls/pid1248545-001

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well hell I don't know what it is called, or whatever it is... but it's a layered type of clothing damn it with sleeves.

Any layers would make me feel like I'm in an oven.  I ran in 6F in Chicago with two layers and almost got naked during the fucking run.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Any layers would make me feel like I'm in an oven.  I ran in 6F in Chicago with two layers and almost got naked during the fucking run.

I can't, depending on layers and what it is. In 6F I have to either have a short dri-fit t-shirt on with this under armour long sleeve underneath and gloves, or if it is windy I will have the under armour long sleeve on and a wind breaker jacket. Either way I am wearing a layer over my skin once temps are below 30F, unless it is sunny and no wind and I just happen to be burning up. If so, I take something off but unfortunately during a race I can't exactly take my t-shirt off and then the long sleeve, then put my t-shirt back on all while running... or at least I don't want to try.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/heatgear-sonic-ls/pid1248545-001

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

I ran in 6F in Chicago with two layers and almost got naked during the fucking run.

I never *raced* in the cold, but I run in it all wither long, and 6F is no joke. That's pretty cold.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I never *raced* in the cold, but I run in it all wither long, and 6F is no joke. That's pretty cold.

It was not a race.  We did this voluntarily!

Damaris

LRB

You people are going to break the internet.

It's like rope skipping, jump right in and tell us how fat you got today.  lol

LRB

I ran in single digit temps all last winter and dressed as if I was going on an expedition to Siberia to find a woolly mammoth!

That shit was awful!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran in single digit temps all last winter and dressed as if I was going on an expedition to Siberia to find a woolly mammoth!

That shit was awful!!

I didn't exactly dress like that, but in the negative temps I definitely had my head covered, everything but my eyes... unless it was bright enough out for sunglasses. And I had to wear two sets of tights and my thicker socks, but as far as tops went I was wearing two thin layers of long sleeves and a windbreaker. My mouth cover thingy had my face sweating awful.

PRs

Cyberic

I'm with LRB and FS. Cold will not keep me inside, but I dress properly. I'm not near as tough as Damaris. Low 40's and I prefer long sleeves already. 35-40, headband for the ears, Buff for the neck, pants and long sleeves merinos shirt. Below that, I keep adding layers.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm with LRB and FS. Cold will not keep me inside, but I dress properly. I'm not near as tough as Damaris. Low 40's and I prefer long sleeves already. 35-40, headband for the ears, Buff for the neck, pants and long sleeves merinos shirt. Below that, I keep adding layers.

It's even worse when standing still at the start for 20-25 minutes in shade, that is my biggest concern. I will heat up after a while of running, but that will take 10-20 minutes of running.

Of course I could also wear the throw away shirt until I start heating up...

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure this would qualify as tough in 7F in Chicago, and windy as fuck:

I did feel overdressed most of the run.

Damaris

onemile

Not sure this would qualify as tough in 7F in Chicago, and windy as fuck:

I did feel overdressed most of the run.

You probably could have skipped the down vest.

LRB

That's an awesome pic D, love it!

I see you were hunting woolly mammoths as well.  lol

LRB

Yeah my heaviest running jacket is actually quite thin.  Due to its wind breaking properties however I usually get by with a single long sleeve tech underneath it, two when it's really bad.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes.  I found that out after the first mile.  The feet?  Numb for the whole run, ha.

Damaris