Beginners and Beyond

This Sucks Sundailies (Read 50 times)

Cyberic

15.9 miles done. Yes Lily, I know you don't understand why I didn't do an extra 0.1 to make it a proper 16, but I don't care about exact numbers in something as imprecise as training. When I got in front of my house, that's when the run stopped. In a race, I will not stop before the finish line Smile

Mmmmm...beer

I'm so confused, which thread do I post in???

11 miles with a group run, it was supposed to be 10, but we got a lil lost.  Had a great time, I keep forgetting how much I like group runs.  Did a double yesterday with 8 in the evening.  I'll probably double again today,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

18 miles at 8:45 avg pace. That was with the first 3 miles averaging ~9:30, it just takes me forever to get warmed up in the morning. Last mile at 8:02. Anyway, felt really good, totally in a groove & could've kept going, but I guess I'm already in trouble with the Hanson brothers for going longer than 16. This makes it a 30-mile weekend.

67.2 for the week, a PB.

Dave

LRB

LRB

Nice pace, must be great weather today!

About 64 with a nice steady breeze and cloud cover going out, 66 and no breeze with intermittent sun coming back in.

Nice work thus far on the training!

LRB

I'm so confused, which thread do I post in???

What's that saying; when in Rome, do as the Romans do...

DavePNW

15.9 miles done. Yes Lily, I know you don't understand why I didn't do an extra 0.1 to make it a proper 16, but I don't care about exact numbers in something as imprecise as training. When I got in front of my house, that's when the run stopped. In a race, I will not stop before the finish line Smile

I could never ever do that. In that situation I keep running past my house for 0.05 and turn around.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

3 big ass Jethro Bodine sized flap-jacks, grits and eggs.

You know how I do it!

#proper

That is what the heck I'm talkin' about!!!

What up, Dailies? Rest is proving to be a good medicine for me. My little injuries (piriformis and heel something) are still niggling, but my legs are getting fresh again and my runs are nice. Dang, that feels good to say that again!  I just got back from a 5.3 miler at about an 8:35 pace. I went a "hard easy" pace for two miles and it was ok. Before my injuries I preferred running uphill. Yes, they are a pain, but I know they make you stronger and faster. Now, after battling this stupid things for months, I seem to prefer the long gentle downhills that I get when I leave the house. The problem is, I have to come back and it's all uphill. Heck, it could be worse so I'll take it.  LRB's pancakes made me hungry so I'm hoping DW will join me for breakfast. The kids probably can't be bothered.

Have a good day.

LRB

18 miles at 8:45 avg pace. That was with the first 3 miles averaging ~9:30, it just takes me forever to get warmed up in the morning. Last mile at 8:02. Anyway, felt really good, totally in a groove & could've kept going, but I guess I'm already in trouble with the Hanson brothers for going longer than 16. This makes it a 30-mile weekend.

67.2 for the week, a PB.

You are a mileage machine yo!  Although I did get 28 in this weekend but am nowhere's near 67.  lol

Cy, I do whatever the plan was for that day but when doing speed work I do not really care what the total for the run is so that happens to me sometimes as well.

Free you broke your new Garmin already? 

Great news on the pooch, Blue!

Yeah Boon you have already run a shit ton the past 72 hours which includes 3 miles at race pace.  Good call yo!

'Sup Jack, enjoy breakfast!

How's the ankle D2?

Nice run Damaris!  Hot as balls?  Who says that?  lmao  You crack me up!

Cyberic

I could never ever do that. In that situation I keep running past my house for 0.05 and turn around.

My watch in in KM, so it will always give me odd miles figures. But what I said is true. Distance is not on my default screen when I run. The screen is split in two: Pace and Time. I have other displays I can use, of course, and can configure each display to show up to four fields, but I almost never know what distance I ran until I'm on the computer. It's funny to see the faces of people who ask me how many KMs I ran when I finish a run as they see the huge watch on my wrist, and I tell them I don't know  Big grin

I actually have a good idea since I know at what pace I ran, and how long I ran...

Today the objective of the long run was to run at the pace I ran for over 2:00, but not too close to 2:00 (not like 2:00:32). So I ran for 2:11:57, which is exacly the workout I wanted to do.

Cyberic

Cy, I do whatever the plan was for that day but when doing speed work I do not really care what the total for the run is so that happens to me sometimes as well.

I understand that. If the plan is in miles, you run in miles. 16 miles is 16 miles.

LRB

Today the objective of the long run was to run at the pace I ran for over 2:00, but not too close to 2:00 (not like 2:00:32). So I ran for 2:11:57, which is exacly the workout I wanted to do.

Makes total sense, unlike us OCD people who need whole figures to feel, well whole.  lol

As such if my objective is to run 7 miles and I somehow get to 7.03 without realizing it, I will sometimes run until it reads 7.05. 

DavePNW

Makes total sense, unlike us OCD people who need whole figures to feel, well whole.  lol

As such if my objective is to run 7 miles and I somehow get to 7.03 without realizing it, I will sometimes run until it reads 7.05. 

Because then RA rounds up to 7.1. NTIWKAAT.

Dave

Morning, dailies:

Free - ALINS (at least it's not snow)

Rick - great 16

Baboon - hills?  Vermont?  Naaaah!

OOTB - glad the dog is improving

B+ - do it to it

D - good MPish miles

Sly - stupid, slow lightning

Cyberic - nOCD

D^2 - time always goes by faster when running with people

DaveP - that earns a "beast!" for sure

Jack - glad you're putting those injuries out to pasture

10 regen miles this AM, some more later.   Now to start assembling this bike while web-stalking my boss's splits at his 2nd Ironman.

LRB

NTIWKAAT.

Nope, me either.   

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.2 for me today.

Marjorie