Beginners and Beyond

This Sucks Sundailies (Read 50 times)

LRB

I just bought a new pair of shoes, oops!

The DST 18 has been my easy run trainer but I have found with the move to longer long runs and higher mileage (for me) they were just not cutting it in the cushion department.

So out of curiosity I recently pulled my big ass land yachts Kayano 19's out of retirement and wouldn't you know it, problem solved.  So I just bought a fresh pair to complete this training cycle as my other ones have 456 miles on them, a little too much for my tastes.

Note that the 19's are the 2012  model, I decided not to try the 20's (2013) because I am completely unfamiliar with that shoe.  And of course the 21 is due out in less than a month.

Mmmmm...beer

Rick, I am 100% again Smile  I still skipped my mile race yesterday, just to be safe, but I feel great.  I'll start ramping the mileage up next week.  I was going to get back on the plan, but I've decided to try something different.  Since I've been quite comfortable at 60mpw, I'm going to push it some more and see how it goes.  Look for some weekly mileage PRs soon. Smile

Jay, I agree, the miles just fly by whenever I'm with a group and talking, today's 11 miler felt like an easy 5 miler.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

You guys (gals) are hard to follow. OCD, NTIWKAAT ... WTF?  Had to look them both up.

B-Plus

How hot are balls?

I won a $100 gift card to the LRS as a draw prize. I figure that'll get me 1 shoe at these Canadian running shoe cartel prices.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

How hot are balls?

I won a $100 gift card to the LRS as a draw prize. I figure that'll get me 1 shoe at these Canadian running shoe cartel prices.

Apparently DR is used to very hot ones.

Personally, I prefer cool ones particularly when racing. Pull up nice and snug... Though not too cool because that shit can hurt.

Cyberic

How hot are balls?

I checked the prices or running shoes while in Spain. I checked a few models for which I know the Canadian price, and they get robbed more than we do. A 140$ CDN pair of Asics Cumulus was 140 Euros. But their prices include taxes, so it's more like 160$ CDN vs 140 Euros, or around 210$ CDN.

B-Plus

I checked the prices or running shoes while in Spain. I checked a few models for which I know the Canadian price, and they get robbed more than we do. A 140$ CDN pair of Asics Cumulus was 140 Euros. But their prices include taxes, so it's more like 160$ CDN vs 140 Euros, or around 210$ CDN.

Just like with gas prices, I shouldn't complain 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't think snow could kill me if it touches me, lightning on the other hand........ but I don't miss snow damn it.

And LRB I didn't freaking break it! I looked on the specs for my 610 and it shows both normal battery life (supposedly 4 weeks in watch mode and 8 hours in training mode) while the 310 and 910 only shows just battery life, like no matter whether you are training with it or not, it is still running battery power as if you were training with it....... , in other words - I already freaking hate it lol and am half tempted to send it back and just buy another 610.

D! How long does you 910 take to lose power, from 100% charged to dead?

So, there was a break in the weather, or at least the storms passed and it was just rainy around 10:30 so out the fucking door we went (me, Dorian and Rocky). My first mistake was taking Rocky, I didn't realize it was 72 degrees, 88% humidity (and climbing) with dew point around 71 (did I mention that was like 2 hours ago and the humidity is now 91% with dew point around 71?). Rocky did okay for the first 6 miles but was finished for the most part, our final 3 miles involved a lot of walking 

The good news - I got a total of 13 miles in today, not the 18 I wanted but 13 is better than 4. The bad news - Rocky will no longer be going running with me when temps are above 70 with high humidity and the mileage is more than 3 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cyberic, my head would explode if I run 15.9 and not 16.  Poof!

LRB, we watched the new TMNT.  Much better than the original.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently DR is used to very hot ones.

Personally, I prefer cool ones particularly when racing. Pull up nice and snug... Though not too cool because that shit can hurt.

Both your comment (and B+) made me laugh out loud. *written like this instead of LOL so Cyberic does not need to use Google again*

Damaris

B-Plus

I don't think snow could kill me if it touches me, lightning on the other hand........ but I don't miss snow damn it.

And LRB I didn't freaking break it! I looked on the specs for my 610 and it shows both normal battery life (supposedly 4 weeks in watch mode and 8 hours in training mode) while the 310 and 910 only shows just battery life, like no matter whether you are training with it or not, it is still running battery power as if you were training with it....... , in other words - I already freaking hate it lol and am half tempted to send it back and just buy another 610.

D! How long does you 910 take to lose power, from 100% charged to dead?

So, there was a break in the weather, or at least the storms passed and it was just rainy around 10:30 so out the fucking door we went (me, Dorian and Rocky). My first mistake was taking Rocky, I didn't realize it was 72 degrees, 88% humidity (and climbing) with dew point around 71 (did I mention that was like 2 hours ago and the humidity is now 91% with dew point around 71?). Rocky did okay for the first 6 miles but was finished for the most part, our final 3 miles involved a lot of walking 

The good news - I got a total of 13 miles in today, not the 18 I wanted but 13 is better than 4. The bad news - Rocky will no longer be going running with me when temps are above 70 with high humidity and the mileage is more than 3 miles.

I told you to buy 2!

B-Plus

Oh btw, in case you didn't mark your calendar, I raced a 10k this morning. 8th overall, 1st AG, 38:04 for a 4-second PR.

DavePNW

Oh btw, in case you didn't mark your calendar, I raced a 10k this morning. 8th overall, 1st AG, 38:04 for a 4-second PR.

NICE!! Congrats!

Dave

B-Plus

NICE!! Congrats!

Thanks! Why are you so mean to Baboon with your mega miles?

LRB

Both your comment (and B+) made me laugh out loud. *written like this instead of LOL so Cyberic does not need to use Google again*

I actually did not know what the hell Dave's meant either, I just kept repeating it until it made sense.  lol

Cy, the abbreviations here are nothing compared to what they were on RWOL BF...oops!