Beginners and Beyond

This Sucks Sundailies (Read 50 times)

LRB

I decided to give Guardians another try today, plus drink and eat of course.

I am here and flying solo today, maybe that will make it better?

Oh btw, in case you didn't mark your calendar, I raced a 10k this morning. 8th overall, 1st AG, 38:04 for a 4-second PR.

Sweet! 

Cyberic

Both your comment (and B+) made me laugh out loud. *written like this instead of LOL so Cyberic does not need to use Google again*

LMFAO Big grin

Cyberic

Oh btw, in case you didn't mark your calendar, I raced a 10k this morning. 8th overall, 1st AG, 38:04 for a 4-second PR.

Great! 3:48 / km pace, don't think I'll ever run that fast.

DavePNW

I actually did not know what the hell Dave's meant either, I just kept repeating it until it made sense.  lol

Well just about every acronym I use I learned here, so one of you is always to blame.

Dave

Cyberic

I just bought a new pair of shoes, oops!

This made me think that you bought Asics Gel Super J33 earlier. How do you like them?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job!

Andrea, more than a week.  I usually recharge it before my LR but today it had 2 bars (out of 4-5 left) and I have not charged it since two weeks ago.

Damaris

happylily

15.9 miles done. Yes Lily, I know you don't understand why I didn't do an extra 0.1 to make it a proper 16, but I don't care about exact numbers in something as imprecise as training. When I got in front of my house, that's when the run stopped. In a race, I will not stop before the finish line Smile

You better not. Our honour is on your shoulders, I count on you.

18 miles this morning. First 8 at MP, next 7 were easy, last 3 at recovery pace. Overall pace was 8:21. And if I hear anything from anyone of you about the order of the different paces being wrong, I will chew your head off. Just know that I am well aware of my dysfunctional training. We left the island right after my shower. Been driving for many hours, will be home at 2 a.m.. Or maybe not, maybe we'll stop at a Best Western. Stopping for coffee at Tim Hortons, now. See yous all later (that's how the Islanders talk. Weird, isn't it? )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Woohoo! Well done! Awesome time. 

happylily

Because then RA rounds up to 7.1. NTIWKAAT.

Let me see if I can get that without google. Not that I would know anything about that. Am I right? If I am, then it is sad...

outoftheblue

Fantastic!

Life is good.

LRB

This made me think that you bought Asics Gel Super J33 earlier. How do you like them?

It's a great fuckin shoe for 5 and 10k training/racing, not so much for anything longer.  They are on the shelf until this whole MRT (marathon race training) thing is over.

My Asics DS Racer 10's however seem to be up for the challenge and at 6.9 ounces they are the lightest shoe I own, go figure. 

LRB

Congrats yo!  PR's are hard to come by where the 10k is concerned.  Add to that your real goal race is still coming up and things are shaping up nicely!

delicate flower

Well done, sir!  So what'd you get for AG swag?  It bothers me that I have to ask this of people every time.

Wife and I got a free pizza tonight.  We asked for the special sans the ranch drizzle.  Sure enough, it came with the ranch drizzle.  They made us a corrected pizza and didn't charge us for it.  That was completely unnecessary...the apology was suffice.  I tipped $10 on the pizza.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job!

Andrea, more than a week.  I usually recharge it before my LR but today it had 2 bars (out of 4-5 left) and I have not charged it since two weeks ago.

Hmm..... Idk, for some reason I expected it to have a watch and be just like the 610 and 410.... I am seriously thinking about returning it and buying another 610....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)