Beginners and Beyond

This Sucks Sundailies (Read 50 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hmm..... Idk, for some reason I expected it to have a watch and be just like the 610 and 410.... I am seriously thinking about returning it and buying another 610....

you bought the 305, no?  that's an older version of the ones around now so it is reasonable that the battery lasts for a shorter time than the ones now.

Damaris

B-Plus

Thanks for the props, peeps. Maybe I'll get around to posting a RR.

Well done, sir!  So what'd you get for AG swag?  It bothers me that I have to ask this of people every time.

LRB

Hmm..... Idk, for some reason I expected it to have a watch and be just like the 610 and 410.... I am seriously thinking about returning it and buying another 610....

You must've not done something right.

D, it's a 310.  No way it should die that quickly when it's not even being used..unless it had a satellite and she did not know it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought she said the 305.  If the 310, if I remember correctly, the 310 has less battery than the 610 and the 910.

Damaris

LRB

I thought she said the 305.  If the 310, if I remember correctly, the 310 has less battery than the 610 and the 910.

No Garmin should die when it is turned completely off at 100% charge.

Zelanie

Hey guys!  Got in last night at about 2:30 AM, lazed around for way too long this morning, which meant I didn't get out for my LR (first-ever 16 miler) until after noon.  It was hot and there was full sun, but I told myself that it was probably about the same temperature I was used to running in in Costa Rica, but without the humidity.  But it was hotter!  By the time I got in, it was 91 degrees, although to be fair the 59 degree dewpoint is much lower than what I've been running in.

I kept pace for about halfway, then stopped for a world-cup style "cooling break" (less than 5 minutes because my watch didn't try to turn off), and just stiffened up at that point.  I shuffled along home, but that took some effort!  I did make myself get back on pace for the last third of a mile, just on principle.  Holy cow was it hot, though!  And it's been long enough since I have run here that I took a wrong turn and also got confused when there was a road closed for construction that I didn't know about.

B+ - Way to go!

B-Plus

I heard it was rated for about 600 hours of run time.

LRB

I heard it was rated for about 600 hours of run time.

lol

Geez Z, that sounds brutal. You are nothing if not determined!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No Garmin should die when it is turned completely off at 100% charge.

Yes, unless it was not charged properly when it first arrived.  Otherwise, I would call Garmin and get it fixed.

Damaris

Zelanie

Geez Z, that sounds brutal. You are nothing if not determined!

I think the fact that I'm used to running in warm and humid conditions helped.  It was tough, but not really unbearable.  Maybe 10 degrees hotter than I'm used to, and with full sun instead of overcast with humidity.  If I wouldn't have stopped (and if my water bottles would have magically refilled themselves), I might just have done all right.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

you bought the 305, no?  that's an older version of the ones around now so it is reasonable that the battery lasts for a shorter time than the ones now.

No, I bought the 310xt, the new one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Great job B+, congrats!

Welcome back Zel!

Finished out a great 75 mile week with a 7 mile progressive this evening.  These doubles are treating me good, the more I run, the better I feel. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, I bought the 310xt, the new one.

If you charged it when you first got it, do it again and see if it happens again.  Call Garmin if so so they can either (1) replace it, or (2) help you solve the problem.  If you did not charge it overnight, the 100% was not really a 100% charge.

Damaris

LRB

Garmin says I burned 2,224 calories during my run this morning.  The size of my belly says I ate it all back plus some.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If you charged it when you first got it, do it again and see if it happens again.  Call Garmin if so so they can either (1) replace it, or (2) help you solve the problem.  If you did not charge it overnight, the 100% was not really a 100% charge.

Hmmm weird, no I didn't charge it overnight but just the 2-4 hours until it said 100% and again this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)