Beginners and Beyond

Race Report- Beat the Blerch 10K (long, many photos) (Read 90 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice RR, Zel. I know Scotty is proud.Guess what I have in my lunch today? Yes, a half Nutella and half peanut butter sandwich.

GinnyinPA

That looks like so much fun.  Thanks for the RR.  I'm glad you got a chance to rediscover the fun of running and racing in the midst of all your tough marathon prep.  Probably very good for relaxing going into your taper.

Ha, what a fun race. Thanks for the RR!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Can't wait to see you on the cover of RunnersWorld, Zel !!!   

B-Plus

What a fun event! You're so lucky you got to take part.

LRB

Okay, so I completely have no idea what any of it is!  There was talk about the Oatmeal and Blerch in the dailies about a year or so ago and I went to read one of his posts and it was just too damn long to hold this ADHD persons attention.  lol

Everyone I know who runs though knows the entire story so yes, I am a loser.  Big grin

Two weeks to go huh?  AACK!  Nice job on incorporating your workout into  the race, you are going to do well at Portland.  And if by chance you start to feel the pressure, log off of the internet and do not come back until after the race.

on my way to badass

I also have no idea what Blerch is all about, but it looks like huge fun.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

I WANT MID-RACE CAKE.  

<3

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Great RR, Zel.

I love the fact that he's got so much well-done Blerchandise!   That's pretty cool for just a blog!

Randy

tracilynn

I wonder what his finish time was for the HM he ran in the Blerch suit?  probably still wayyy faster than anything I could run 

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Looks like it was a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Great job! I'm glad you had fun. I ran the half that day too! Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Zelanie

Sadly, it turns out that one of the half marathon runners died that day.  It happens, but in such a small event it is a real shocker.  I feel really bad for his family and friends.  They're putting together a memorial run for Evan here.

Traci- It looks like the Oatmeal finished in 2:20 on Sunday.  He did a 1:47 on Saturday, but I'm not sure if he was in his suit for that one.

Nova- That is so cool that you were there!  I didn't know that there were any other RA runners there- hope you had a good time!  We probably didn't cross paths much since I was running my warmup when the HM started.

Haha, what a great report and photos.  And if anyone needs the 0.0 sticker, it is the Blerch.

Glad you had fun, Zel, cant wait to hear how the more serious race goes Smile

Sadly, it turns out that one of the half marathon runners died that day.  It happens, but in such a small event it is a real shocker.  I feel really bad for his family and friends.  They're putting together a memorial run for Evan here.

Sorry to hear it.  These are always reminders to be grateful for the time we have.