Beginners and Beyond

Leftover Friday Penguins (Read 28 times)

SheCan

Thanks Lauren and Damaris,  I just wish I could get a hold of her and find out what's going on.  I know she'll call when she can, but  waiting is so frustrating.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Hi all.

Six miles done at easy pace. Cold here, but sunny with no wind. There were a lot of runners out on the path doing penance after Thanksgiving feasts.

We are putting up the Christmas tree today.

hog4life

Cherie, sending good thoughts and prayers for your friend's mother. So sad what cancer does to people.

Margo, we put up our tree ealier in the week.

SheCan

Hi all.

Six miles done at easy pace. Cold here, but sunny with no wind. There were a lot of runners out on the path doing penance after Thanksgiving feasts.

We are putting up the Christmas tree today.

LOL@doing penance after Thanksgiving feasts.  Thankfully at least there wasn't any wind.   Yay@ putting up the tree!

Thanks, Mitch.  I just got talked to my friend.  The her mom won't hold on much longer, so wants me to wait until the memorial service to come up.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: Cry

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear that, Cherie.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hugs to SheCan!!!

Rest day today. Raced yesterday, racing tomorrow!!! Unsure how to approach my race tomorrow. I think I'm just gonna start running as fast as I can and see what happens??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

obiebyke

Ew, She Can. Sorry.

RD for me. I spent way too much on groceries today. Meeting and dinner with my friends tonight, and then I think I'm going to take myself to Catching Fire.

Have a great Black Friday everyone.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Zelanie

Having some nice family time. Smile Headed out to North Bend to a tree farm at the moment. BIL hit our car in the driveway, so it's body shop time when we get home. But it isn't too bad, I don't think.

Oh, and having spent some time with the teenage girl who lives here makes me especially appreciate my own daughter.  Smile And the pie came out well.

Mitch- so glad you will get two consecutive days off.

Kristin- might as well give it all you've got. Good luck!

Cherie- hugs.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The deal with the race tomorrow is that I'm doing it as a favor to my aunt and uncle. My uncle is a cancer survivor and they're very active in their chapter of ACS. Their chapter is putting on this race as a fundraiser. The course isn't certified and I have a feeling it will NOT be accurate (it says 1.5 mile out and back course on one of their listings, and "5K (3.2 miles)" on another, and nowhere does it claim USTAF certification....so I have a feeling it may either be 3 miles or 3.2 miles based on the info they've provided) and planned Thanksgiving as my PR attempt and this race just for fun. But after missing my PR on Thanksgiving I'm hungry for a redo. But race effort again with only a day in between may be asking too much of my body. So I'm just gonna run. My body will tell me if a PR attempt is inside me tomorrow or not.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very active Thanksgiving weekend for me!

Wednesday morning:  my back procedures for my spinal arthritis.

Wednesday night:  Turkey Day party at a friend's house...sausages, turkeys, all kinds of pastries and breads and desserts - including these GREAT brownies made with a touch of peppermint in them, I had 3 - , beer and wine, sodas, water, juices, etc...probably not exactly a smart way to eat the night before my Turkey Trot 5K, but what the heck, it was fun.

Thursday:  My Turkey Trot.  Report and photos here:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/aab2c0f9364e4da68d7b4dd0e7ff834a/resume#focus

Friday:  Packet Pickup for my next 5K on Saturday, November 30

Saturday:  Marine Corps Toys for Tots 5K and then the final season game for our university football team.  And pick up my packet for my Sunday 5K.

Sunday:  Santa Antonio 5K in which the majority of folks will be running in Santa Suits.  Not me, I hate those darn suits cuz they are WOOL and I sweat so much when I run, the suit makes me itch like crazy.   So I will be taking the photos.   Because I am doing a report for them, the organizers comped me the entry fee, nice!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, Dan,  you could always run nekkid.  It's not like we're all THAT cold for weather in Texas. Wink

Good luck with your holiday tree, Robert!   Finding it yourself in the woods or whatever, or getting it from a lot?

Enjoy the family time, Stone Fence and the running!  And the food too, of course.  Dang, I ate waaay too much yesterday after my turkey trot. And it's only me and Gail, we have no family here in the local area.  But we still managed to scarf down a fair amount of food, lol.

Bin, did you celebrate Thanksgiving with us and eat lots of turkey there in Singapore?  Can you even get turkey in Singapore?

Congrats on your miles, PAD!  What do you mean, 'almost there'...are you lost out there? Wink

WARM UP to 30?!!! Shocked  Jerry, I have a 4-letter word for where you are:  M-O-V-E!

Hope you had a nice gym workout, Lauren!

Good luck to your hubby, Damaris with his first half!    Enjoy your full and don't sweat the small stuff, just kick back, run, and enjoy, keep your sense of humor, and take whatever comes in stride (no pun intended).  No doubt in my mind you are going to be your usual capable self in getting this done!

I dunno, Jack, even going out just for groceries can probably be crazy today, with all the nut jobs on the road traveling around to all the stores looking for deals...probably driving a bit crazy too, to make sure they don't miss anything, sheesh...

Dang, Cherie, so sorry about the news of your friend's family.  Good thoughts for your friend and her family.  Cancer just sucks!  I always consider myself SO lucky that mine was caught SO early.  Congrats on getting some miles in today.

a lot of runners out on the path doing penance...  ok, Phillie, this made me laugh...but heck, I should probably be out there myself, after all I ate yesterday.  Naaaaaa, I'll just wait and do my two 5Ks over the weekend. Joking   So is the tree up now?  Where's the photo?  Big grin  I have to live vicariously through y'all for the tree thing.  We've tried to put up a real tree in the past, but with 4 cats, it invariably does not take long before it comes crashing down.  So now we just use a very little artificial one that we can put on a table.  The cats don't take much interest in the artificial one.

BIL hit our car in the driveway...  On purpose, Zelanie?  He's not a fan of you being married to his brother?  Gee, if getting your car hit is some 'nice family time', then  I hate to think what 'bad family time" is for you! Shocked  Wink

Sounds like a plan, Kristin, just run and take it mile by mile and see how you feel.  Have fun!  I will think of you tomorrow while I am out on my 5K route and send you some good vibes.   Of course, with the time difference, by the time I'm on my course (8:30 a.m. start time, Texas time) you'll probably already be done.  So I'll send you some good vibes during my pre-race time.   Give your uncle from me all the best, one survivor to another, the more of us the better!   I probably won't live long enough to see it, but someday, someone IS going to find a cure for this damn disease!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Scotty, maybe you could run in a Santa hat?

It was my husband's sister's husband, that still counts as BIL, right? And what's done is done, no sense getting bent out of shape over it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good luck with your holiday tree, Robert!   Finding it yourself in the woods or whatever, or getting it from a lot?

We got one from a tree farm.  Picked it out and cut it down ourselves.

It's the first tree we've put up in 5 years.  A lot of family confusion all but ruined the holidays for us for years and now we've decided to let them have their confusion and just do our own thing.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

We got one from a tree farm.  Picked it out and cut it down ourselves.

It's the first tree we've put up in 5 years.  A lot of family confusion all but ruined the holidays for us for years and now we've decided to let them have their confusion and just do our own thing.

Sounds like a good decision. Good for you! Hope you have a good time. Smile