Beginners and Beyond

Moo-Shu Monday Penguins! (Read 42 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Vo2 max workout on the bike trainer is now finished - my legs were screaming at me , but I just yelled back! Snow is coming down - be safe everyone!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

hog4life

Jimmy, sure hope it's not the IT band! We are still going to have some good eats on Sunday!

Rach, I thought the little power poles for the cars were kinda neat, or maybe not if you don't like cold, ha. I really want to see some of Alaska some time.

Awood, missing them 8 will not hurt. I am feeling some if the same type gains in my fitness too. It's amazing what consistency does for our body.

Hey to everyone else!

AFM, looking to do some repeat intervals here shortly. I'm working 2nd shift this week, so plenty of time in the mornings for running. I got an email over the weekend asking me to help with the running program again. It's called No Boundries, or NOBO for short, very similar to C25K. I'm kinda excited again to be able to help some folks. Maybe my cancer story will help to inspire them.

Mitch

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

what exactly is a V02 max workout?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

10M w/ 5 @8:35. Wanted to do 8:30 but legs is a little tired from yday 10M. 20 rounds seem to pass by faster when you are doing tempo.

Jimmy, sorry abt you having to miss mercs HM. But I am sure there's one when you feel ready. Hope your knee pain is nothing but sore muscles.

On phone, so can't do much personal.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rach - 12:30 AM?  LOL...you must be adjusting to the time difference.

When it is 12:30 a.m. on the East coast, it is only 8:30 p.m. here in Alaska. I usually wait until EST is past midnight before I post. If I don't post then, by the time I get up it is almost 11 a.m. on the East coast. (Like right now it is 6:50 a.m.) 

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rach, so what does the Air Force now do at these PT sessions.  Things sure have changed.  We had no 'sessions' when I was in, the physical fitness was the responsibility of each individual and we showed up once a year to run 1.5 miles as our fitness test, lol.  Wow, crazy stuff with the car, that is a lot of snow in your photos from yesterday!

PT sessions are usually situps (of some sort), pushups (of some sort), running -- basically all the major parts of the PT test. They will throw other things in there like burpees, lunges, squat thrusts, etc. in there just to throw us off. It all depends on who is leading it too. 

Me personally, I wish it was do it on your own stuff ... then that way I know I will pass the PT test and I know I won't get injured in the process because I know I should/shouldn't be doing a certain move.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: When is your HM? It has been great watching your progress.

Awood: STAY WARM!!

T-Rod: Very well done. Impressive to say the least.  Smile

I hope to get out and test my sore foot today. I was icing last night and there was a bruise on the arch. I must have really aggravated it somehow. Fortunately, I am hoping it is NOT plantar fasciitis.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!  I drove in to work an hour or so late today because of the icy weather.  Not that there was much -- some on the trees near home, but the roads were pretty clear.  I am apparently not ready for today to be Monday!!  Sleepy

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Jack, wow! You are having a tough go with all the aches and pains. Are you sure you're not pushing too much.

Kristin, I'm not sure this is exact, but it has to do with running a pace fast enough to push so that your muscles are on the brink of producing lactic acid, which in turn will shut you down. Something close to that anyway, maybe Damaris will chime in later.

I ended with 5 x 1200's at 7:35 pace and a total of 7.02 miles. Tough workout but done. I'll be asking some questions late in the week or first of next week about pacing for my half. I've think I have a good plan, but need to hear some thoughts from others. I may even put it in a seperate thread.

SheCan

Took yesterday and today off as rest days.  Today looks nasty, wet, and windy, so I'm really really glad I'm not having to do a long run.   Have a class with my DD later this afternoon,  and I need to do the homework for it still.  BUT, if I have time today, I'll check out everyone's race reports from the weekend.  I take it T-Rod did not get eaten by gators on his free HM...Yay!

And Rach^  I love the little dancing penguin!  So cute!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: I was thinking the same thing. Also, I may have been running too many hills. Plus, I am no spring chicken. I am taking it down this week to see if it helps. I also am trying some shoe inserts/orthotics in my everyday shoes. My goal is to be back to normal by next week because that is when I want to start training for a HM in April.

GinnyinPA

Odd - my whole post disappeared between the writing and the posting.  I'll do the short version this time.

Ice storm last night, so the streets were completely covered.  I really didn't enjoy walking the dog this morning.  I'm glad it's a rest day, though I'll probably do some yoga to stretch out my stiff body.

Tomas - thanks for the RR.

Jack - if you're seeing bruises, it probably isn't PF.  Inserts may help, plus your new shoes.

Jimmy - sorry about your HM, but if you aren't feeling ready and are worried about injury, best to wait.  Had you already registered?

Rach - have fun.  I agree, that sort of thing is better done on your own, but some folks will wait until the test, and then be utterly unprepared.

From the Internet.

Hi colony! Another busy week for me.. echocardiogram and halter monitor tomorrow afternoon, have to schedule an oil change for my car, DD has Friday off from preschool for parent-teacher conference day, various meetings and PT appointment sprinkled throughout the rest of the week.

PT this morning so I've got the rest of the day off from workouts/running. Tomorrow I try 2 miles with a couple walk breaks, if I'm still good after that I'll build a little more over the rest of the week/weekend and have what may be my last PT appointment on Monday. So excited! Big grin

Zelanie

Morning! Power was out at home this AM so had to get ready for work pioneer style. Planning for 2x2 miles @ lactate threshold tonight.