Beginners and Beyond

ZZZZzzzzzz.....It's SaturDAILY Penguins....Time to Run !!! (Read 34 times)

Sloooow.

Kristin: great job!!!!!!

Coralie: feeling good and back to running/training?

I am feeling good, pain is definitely not as bad as last time but I do have that post-surgery fatigue. Goal is Monday to start back.

Zelanie

Awood- Love how strong your finish is on that run!

Coralie- Glad your recovery seems to go smoothly.

And HUGE congratulations to Kristin on her first half!

hog4life

Awood, nice run! You are looking strong for the big day.

Kristin, whoop whoop!! WTG Smile

15K done in 1:20:27 for 8:38 pace, way better than I expected. Had a nice FE with Traci, SuperBunny, and Skygazer. More details tomorrow, I'm tired, riding in the back seat of my truck while my son an DIL drive me and DW around.

Zelanie

Mitch- Good to see you running strong again!

Sloooow.

Congratulations, Mitch!

SheCan

Afternoon Penguins!

Jack Enjoy your drummin' night!

Zelanie-- wow @ 13 miles two days before a race.  You're tough!  Good luck tomorrow.

Awood-- you're so ready. Great job.

Lauren-- wooohooo@ new shoes.

Coralie-- hugs to you.  Take your time recovering.

Kristin and Mitch-- WTG on your races.  Mitch-- rest up, then give us details.

Kristin-- looking forward to your RR.  Congrats on your first half!

I did 4-1/2 yesterday and 10-1/2 today.  Tomorrow if I have time, I'll try to get a 3 miles before we head out to Texas.  Everyone have a great weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

obiebyke

I'd love to see some RRs too. Congrats to the runners.

I decided to try a new route today and man am I glad. I went down to the Mississippi and did 5 miles, from pavement to dirt, up and down hills and stairs, across the bridge to St. Paul, over Minnehaha Falls (our urban waterfall)... It made me feel just how far 5 miles is and was so much more fun than my usual slog twice around the nearest lake. And despite rain in the forecast, it stayed just overcast and nice and cool, with beautiful fall colors. Yay!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just finished a birthday cake...you know...my other hobby that's run a muck!  Now, I have to get to the birthday party.  Congrats to all of the racers today, and thanks for the kind words.  I gotta fly!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Cherie- It's not about being BA, it's that I cared a whole lot more about getting that distance done in my long run than I care about this race.  The race is really just for fun.

Howdy!

Completed 10.26 miles today in 1:56:54. I feel like I cheated because I took a few walk breaks, and even stopped at home for a wardrobe change. The last 3 miles were brutal! But this just proves to me that my training has not been smart and I am ill-prepared for the 10 mile race in 2 weeks. That being said, I have a few ideas for my next big training cycle. For now, I just need to recover and make it through the race. In the midst of the worst part of my run I had decided I no longer cared if I even started the race. Pathetic!

Anyway, enough about me...

Jack - Rock on, man! Smile

Bin - I don't think I congratulated you on the birth of your new baby yet - congratulations!

Jerry - Enjoy the post-recovery-run sports!

Zelanie - Enjoy the rest day, and good luck tomorrow!!

Awood - you are speedy! Nice splits.

Lauren - New shoes and beautiful fall weather make for a great run indeed! Smile

Coralie - I don't know anyone from here on FB. I'm with you.

Dtothe2nd - I can't help but laugh when you say you only ran 7 today and you pushed your long run to tomorrow. 7 miles to me is a LOOOOONG RUN.

Mitch - Nice race! You make it sound so easy. Yay for FEs!

Cherie - Way to get those miles in! Do you always run back to back days?

obiebyke - I love fall in MN. I bet that run was gorgeous!

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone! Had a fun night last night. My friend Bobby, who is as completely immature as I am, decided it would be a great idea to get his Father-in-laws old microwave that he was going to throw away and bring home instead of trashing it.

I get to his house last night and he brings me a tin bucket with a variety of items and ask "what can we do with these". Unknowing that he had a microwave I was at a loss and was like "I dunno burn them?". Then he pulled out the microwave and I was grinning like a kid in a candy store.

We microwaved quite a few things, burning candles, CD's, aluminum foil, soap, pencils, marsh mellows, crayons, and the most exciting and by far the coolest was a light bulb! Anyone with a old microwave I encourage you to microwave a light bulb, that was the coolest spectacle of light I've seen, the light inside the bulb would get so hot that it would cause the glass to bubble out and expand until the bubble popped, very very cool.

The grand finale we just threw everything we had in the microwave, including 4 giant marsh mellows. We put the microwave on 10 mins and just let it cook. The amount of smoke boiling out of the microwave was insane! Right up until the soap caught fire and huge plasma balls was forming Wink. Very fun stuff. lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Quick check-in.... 2:21:47!!! Over the moon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

obiebyke

Kristin, I wish there was a like button on RA sometimes. Congratulations!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

SheCan

Cherie- It's not about being BA, it's that I cared a whole lot more about getting that distance done in my long run than I care about this race.  The race is really just for fun.

Cool!  It's nice to have a race without any pressure sometimes!

Howdy!

Completed 10.26 miles today in 1:56:54. I feel like I cheated because I took a few walk breaks, and even stopped at home for a wardrobe change. The last 3 miles were brutal! But this just proves to me that my training has not been smart and I am ill-prepared for the 10 mile race in 2 weeks. That being said, I have a few ideas for my next big training cycle. For now, I just need to recover and make it through the race. In the midst of the worst part of my run I had decided I no longer cared if I even started the race. Pathetic!

Cherie - Way to get those miles in! Do you always run back to back days?

Don't feel bad, Mickey.  Sounds like you did a good run.  Today was not your race, and every bit you do, contributes to your training.  It sucks though when several miles are a struggle.  Hopefully though, when you recuperate from this run, it'll be enough to get you through your race.

And yes, I usually run 5 to 6 days a week.  When I first started running, I did every other day, and worked up to this. I also, take walk breaks sometimes, and stop by my house for water occasionally.  Cheating?  Maybe but its still not easy for me.  I will never be one of those super athletes, so I do what I can.

Kristin-- glad you peeked in after your race!  Yay@ having such a good one.  Congratulations!

Jimmy-- hehehe-- hmmm, yes, my DH did a few of those fun tricks with an old microwave.  He was super entertained. Only rule was that he had to stay away from the good microwave.  One of his favorites, was grapes.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It's time to rock!!