Beginners and Beyond

Boston 2013 - I haven't purchased official race photos before but..... (Read 191 times)

this day in Boston was obviously different. Like I posted on FB when friends asked, I can talk about attacks but being proud and excited about my run, the crazy fans of Boston, and the incredible volunteers in no way should be taken as a lack of respect or compassion for the victims. 

{warning - attention whooring dead ahead} I'm putting together a race report that I will be posting but here are a couple pics:

The right turn from Commonwealth on to Hereford. Roughly 1/2 mile to go and I like what's in the background.

My second sub-3 but I really wanted this one at the Boston Marathon.

Hip Redux

Those are great photos.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great pics, Fuzzy. Both of them. I think an 8x10 of each is in order. Looking forward to your RR (If you do one).

happylily

Great pictures, Fuzzy!

I just received this from the B.A.A. I find it moving:

TO OUR RUNNERS:

As we watch the latest episode in this agonizing story surrounding Monday's cowardly attack in Boston, I want to let everyone who participated in this year's marathon know that we at the Boston Athletic Association stand with you.

We have been inspired by your bravery in the face of unspeakable cruelty, and we have been moved by your outpouring of support for our race officials, volunteers and our entire Boston Marathon family-a family of which you are now a lifetime member.

We will be forever moved by the strength of our runners. Runners who finished their race, only to then race to give blood to help save their fellow runners who had fallen. Runners who helped support those around them when they found themselves leaving the course and huddling in schools, churches and the homes of strangers who opened their doors.

Monday's tragic events affected us all. Those who were injured are in our thoughts and prayers. Yesterday, we prayed together. We prayed with President Obama, who told us.

Our prayers are with the injured-so many wounded, some gravely. From their beds, some are surely watching us gather here today. And if you are, know this: As you begin this long journey of recovery, your city is with you. Your commonwealth is with you. Your country is with you. We will all be with you as you learn to stand and walk and, yes, run again. Of that I have no doubt. You will run again. You will run again!

And we will run again. You are strong. Boston is strong. And You and Boston have made us enormously proud. The Boston Marathon is a deeply held tradition, an integral part of the fabric and history of our running community. We are committed to continuing that tradition with the running of the 118th Boston Marathon in 2014. We will all run again.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tom Grilk, for the B.A.A.

P.S. Once the emergency situation in Boston is resolved, we will be sending out additional counseling information for anyone in need.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Great shots! I especially like the first one.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Jess runs for bacon

I love that finishing photo. You better get a copy of that one.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great pictures!

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'll say it.  I need to see more photos like this, and hear about the good again.  Please don't let the tragedy be the only thing we remember about Boston.  I don't want to forget, but I definitely need a breather.  Thank you!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

bobruns

Great photos!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Great pictures and congrats on a great finish!

Running for TJ because he can't.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Those are great photos. You should buy them both.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Those are definitely great. In the finish line photo the guy behind you also looks so happy! This is really nice to see...I agree that the tragic events shouldn't overshadow all of the awesome things that happened on marathon day.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

SheCan

Great pictures and excellent for you!

This was your day, and you shouldn't let the terrorists take from it.   A sub 3 hour marathon AT FREAKING BOSTON!  How cool is that!  You rock man!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

paulski66

miscreant

Sweet pics, Fuzzy. I'd frame that finish line pic and hang it on my wall, if that were me...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Those are great photos. You should buy them both.

Yeah...umm...I sorta kinda bought all they had. Oh well, for this race it was worth it.