Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES, It's Friday, Can I Get an Amen in Here? (Read 34 times)

I'm caffeinated, but not working out this morning. I worked on my body form a bit, padding it to make it resemble my shape a bit better. The asset and the front set are looking better, but the front needs a little more than I have time to do this morning.

Cardio, push-ups, and abs after work today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Pilates tonight and she is promising an exhausting workout.  Maybe 2-3 miles on the TM after that.  What's outside?  I won't see it until October, seems like.

Basya, caffeinated is good.  Hope I have time to buy mine.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning.

It was a wonderful 64 degrees this morning so Rocky and I hit the trails for our 5 mile run, I had switched up directions and my route this time which proved to be somewhat a mistake at 4.5 miles when I began to daydream and forgot to watch for roots. This small but tall root jumped out at me and I nearly fell flat on my face, thankfully I had hands but I kicked up a lot of dirt so I definitely need a shower. Oh and I managed to stop my garmin once I was laying flat on my back  Everything feels okay, left knee a little scraped up but not bad and I have no limp or any pain so that is good news. I have to stop daydreaming when on the trails damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning!  I stopped at the gas station on my way into work this morning and purchased enough gas to fill my car's gas tank!  HOORAY!

7.5 miles of easy running last night.  More running after work today.  Hopefully the rain holds off.

HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY AUGUST!

<3

Damaris, have a wonderful Pilates session and TM run.

FreeSoul87, great five-miler with Rocky. I'm glad that you're OK.

Phil, sweet 7.5 last night. Enjoy your run.

I forgot that today is the start of a new month. To celebrate, a short run, three or four miles, will precede cardio.

Morning. 8 easy miles. Ran by 6 deer today, not bad for suburbia.

Have a good one.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Andrea, give me your 64F. Just got out of the car and almost choked. It's above 90F already.  Sigh.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me. And no races again this weekend.   Cuz it's August.  August in Texas, the local races drop off quite a bit because of the heat.  By September we will be back to normal with a race available just about every weekend.

Tomorrow is our university's "Football Fan Appreciation Day".  Fans get to go meet the players, meet coach Larry Coker, get photos with players, coach, and our mascot Rowdy RoadRunner; also food, drink, music, etc.  So that's what I will be doing tomorrow after I get in an early morning run.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What if you do not like football, Scotty?

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Need coffee, and lots of it!  Then 5 recovery miles.  We were going to hit the beach today, not sure if the weather is going to cooperate. Sad

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Amen!  

Zelanie

Morning!  7 easy in a bit.

I have a question. Tonight my family is doing the traditional walk to the basilica in Cartago.  This is a huge deal here, and probably 2 million plus will do the walk this week.  It's to celebrate a miracle that occurred here on Aug. 2, some 400 years ago.

In any case, it's about a HM distance, with plenty of hills.  I would be leaving late, like 8 PM, and walking with my family at little old lady pace.  When we get there, apparently there is music and celebration, then we can get a bus back home.

So my question is- would a walk like that be likely to negatively affect my training?  I could run part of the way as my daily run, but then I would get separated from my family and in the crowd, I don't think I'd be able to find them again.  I don't want to skip any runs because I missed some last week (subbed a similar walk), and have to miss some in a couple weeks also.

I am tempted to skip the walk, just to not add stress to my legs, but this is an event that I might not get another chance to experience.  I am not religious at all, so it will be more tourism than pilgrimage on my part (which is not a big deal, many people go for many different reasons.)  Thoughts?

LRB

This has skip the run written all over it Z.  The hardest part will be letting it go but once you accept it mentally all will be well.

LRB

Morning. 8 easy miles. Ran by 6 deer today, not bad for suburbia.

I saw about four at Stoney and a flock of turkeys. 

12 with a couple of MP miles mixed in done.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sadly I don't know how to do that lol, but I am so glad I am not dealing with that 90F weather. 

Andrea, give me your 64F. Just got out of the car and almost choked. It's above 90F already.  Sigh.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)