Beginners and Beyond

Guess somebody ought to do it SaturDAILIES (Read 39 times)

B-Plus

Good morning Saturdailies. 15 miles coming up.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What is up to all, 3 miles this morning with Dorian and Jumpstart.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. Would have been much more but stomach acted up. A lot. Hope tomorrow is back to normal

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Ended up with 13.2 miles, something over 1,000 feet elevation gain, about two dozen drowned gnats on the back of my neck, at least one ingested gnat, a gorgeous view from two different sides of a valley, no ill effects from bushwacking through the poison ivy at one point, and about 3.5 hours with friends. It stayed cloudy, which was nice, since it was very humid and warm (for us), with a few little sprinkles of rain a couple of times.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Warning: Shameless attention grab for my DS, copied from the end of yesterdailies:

DS's first-ever track meet through the parks and rec department was Friday. He was one of only two boys in the 7-8 year old division who signed up to run the 800m. He had to take walk breaks, and finished well behind the rest of his heat (mixed in with 9 and 10-year-olds), but he finished. Even after being totally thrown off by people cheering - he has some unusual sensory reactions to people cheering for him. I am very proud of him for taking on the longest race there and not quitting, even when he was uncomfortable and tired.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Step- Congrats to your DS!

I ran my 8 total, including the run to and from the gym today.  I tried another machine, and that one is set to miles and not KM!  Plus it got the breeze from the open door.

I posted some pictures and a Scottydog-style story late last night, if anyone is interested.

Ric-G

9 miles this morning....followed by yardwork, then some soccer and finally some bbq later on...have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

meaghansketch

Good morning folks...  Will try to do personals a bit later.

I had a 5-mile race this morning that was a bit disappointing.  I started too fast (the first mile was uphill also) and the heat ended up really getting to me by about halfway through.  I will put it behind me, though, and move forward.  Next race is in about 5 weeks and it's where I set my 5-mile PR last year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looking at my Pilates studio's pictures, I sure hope my instructor (the one in the picture is the owner) NEVER asks me to do this:

Back from the movie (Transformers 4).  I have had a light headache all day, sigh.

Damaris

LRB

I would decapitate myself if I tried that yo.  lol

LRB

I have broken yet another pair of sunglasses, that's like the fourth pair in the past two months!  

happylily

Looking at my Pilates studio's pictures, I sure hope my instructor (the one in the picture is the owner) NEVER asks me to do this:

Back from the movie (Transformers 4).  I have had a light headache all day, sigh.

Promise us that if she ever asks you to do this, you will take a selfie for us. Ok? 

Took our old darling neighbours out for breakfast this morning. She told us once again how she had to eat tulip bulbs in 1943 Amsterdam, at the age of 13 and how she fainted from hunger one day. He told us about how his parents sent him in the country to hide with a Dutch family for 4 years and how a week after he had gone, they were taken to a camp in Poland never to come back again. At 14, he was taken in front of German officers and had to lie about his ethnicity. He knew his life depended on his lie. Only 14 years old and no family left. Life can be a bitch sometimes. But they met at 17, after the war. Married, came to Canada 60 years ago. He became an engineer, she got a degree in American literature. They had 5 great children, they still live in the same beautiful home they built 46 years ago. They lived a happy life and now they pass their story to their neighbours, so that history is never forgotten. It was a lovely morning, the river and the mountain looked beautiful from the outdoor terrace.

Then I came home and I ran 15 miles in 2:03, 8:15 pace. 81F, 65%. I have a feeling it's going to be a gorgeous summer in Montreal this year.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Care to give us a dew point with that lil?  

happylily

Well, LRB, here is TMI for you:  I am lucky in that regard because I am one of the 10 percent of the male population that has "inverted nipples"... http://breastcancer.answers.com/treatment/cause-of-inverted-nipples-in-men

In my case, I was born that way.  Some guys get embarrassed by it when they go to the beach, etc., and have some type of minor surgery done to correct it.  Me, I could give a crap, it is what it is.  And a NICE side-effect is no nipple chafing when I run.

Scotty, you could give a crap, but you don't, right?  And "inverted nipples"? Like you have a case of shy nipples? That sounds so cute!

happylily

Warning: Shameless attention grab for my DS, copied from the end of yesterdailies:

DS's first-ever track meet through the parks and rec department was Friday. He was one of only two boys in the 7-8 year old division who signed up to run the 800m. He had to take walk breaks, and finished well behind the rest of his heat (mixed in with 9 and 10-year-olds), but he finished. Even after being totally thrown off by people cheering - he has some unusual sensory reactions to people cheering for him. I am very proud of him for taking on the longest race there and not quitting, even when he was uncomfortable and tired.

I am so impressed by Kevin's bravery and determination. I'm sure it's not easy for him, but I think a lot of what he does he must do for the love of his mother. He's a good son.