Beginners and Beyond

Where the F*@k Fridailies..... (Read 52 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Seriously ya'll........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Morning!

Busy day ahead. Mostly because it's a short day - have to pick the kid up from school by 3:15. Going to try to get to the gym for a bit to do some of the strength stuff I've been neglecting, probably just won't run today unless I feel like doing just a mile or two on the TM to warm up.

13.5-14 mile long run on tap for this weekend! I'm pumped. I might move it to Sunday so I have the possibility of doing it outside and not on the goddamned treadmill.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Slackers!  

So this morning Rocky and I went for a 5.1 miler, another slowish run as this whole week has been slow running for whatever reason... constantly around 10:30 min/mile pace, not sure why.

Then I went to the gym for my circuits, focusing on the back for an hour. I must admit it is quite uncomfortable bent over on a bench doing my dumbbell rows with a bunch of guys around me, it doesn't matter which way I turn my ass because the weights are in a corner with mirrors  and I might be weird but I hate being bent over around guys, stretching around other fellow runners is one thing but around guys at a gym or anywhere else is a whole other story damn it.

Wide Grip Late Pull Down: 66.2lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX15, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 60lbsX8reps
        Seated Cable Row: 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 66.2lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 40 lbs

Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 60 lbs

Rear Delt: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps

Underhand Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX10reps, 60lbsX8reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 60lbsX8reps

Machine Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE ON ROCKYI didn't want to mention this until I knew exactly what the problem is, but Rocky could have Epilepsy or be Epileptic I guess you could say. He started having occasional seizures back in 2013 before he started running with me, around the end of his heartworm treatment. Throughout 2014 it was every 3-5 months he'd have an obvious episode where his body would spasm and go rigid and he'd panic, it would last 3-5 minutes an he'd have 2-3 episodes in the span of 20-25 minutes. Over the last 6 months it has gotten to be almost once a month but lasting very short and only being one episode. Reading up on things, I realize he has them more often, but the other episodes are the fear, getting up close to me and shaking as he can feel something is coming on but those episodes never go all the way to the "Grand Mal" as they call it. Yesterday I took him to his vet, she took blood and urine samples and will have the diagnosis back today, she is pretty sure it is Epilepsy and not something causing him or poisoning him. She isn't worried about the running, she is actually very pleased with his weight, build (he has gotten very muscular since running) and says he is otherwise in amazing shape mentally and emotionally. Most likely he will have to go on medication for this rest of his life though, to help cut back on the episodes and severity of them as I am sure things will only get worse as he ages 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi Lauren!!! Have fun with the busy day and good luck with the long run this weekend Smile

PRs

happylily

I have 10-12 miles tonight and I may try some short speed intervals if I'm up to it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Most likely he will have to go on medication for this rest of his life though, to help cut back on the episodes and severity of them as I am sure things will only get worse as he ages 

Mostly likely either phenobarbital or KBr or a combo of both.  Once you get the doses dialed in, they work really well - but getting to the point of the correct dose can be a bit of trial and error and they can have some side-effects until he is used to them.    Hugs to Rocky!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Mostly likely either phenobarbital or KBr or a combo of both.  Once you get the doses dialed in, they work really well - but getting to the point of the correct dose can be a bit of trial and error and they can have some side-effects until he is used to them.    Hugs to Rocky!

Yeah she was telling me about them, the biggest two I am slightly concerned with are weight gain and more excessive peeing. I'll give him hugs for everyone Smile

PRs

From the Internet.

Aww poor Rocky Sad Hope it's easily managed with meds. You're doing great things for him just by keeping him active, I'm sure.

LOL if you don't like being bent over around guys in the weight room try doing these in a university weight room full of young male student athletes. Awkward city USA, population: me.

Baboon

delicate flower

Poor Rocky.  I am sending him e-treats and belly rubs.

'Morning, kids!  Early run today.  30 minutes at very easy shakeout effort, turned out to be 3.23 miles at 9:45 pace.  It felt kind of nice to run so nice and easy.  I didn't even break a sweat, and the 20 degree temps certainly played a role in that.  HM tomorrow.  It's an important race to me.  I hope I do good!  2-6" of snow forecast for tonight which hopefully have little to no impact on the race.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Lauren and Baboon Smile he loves all and any attention/treats he can get lol.

Omg lol, yeah I was going to add that workout to leg days BUT decided I woukd stick to the normal bridge and at home lol.

PRs

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today

Marjorie

cjones1

Morning!

13.5-14 mile long run on tap for this weekend! I'm pumped. I might move it to Sunday so I have the possibility of doing it outside and not on the goddamned treadmill.

We must be on the same plan, because I have a 14 mile long run this weekend too.  That would be funny though, since I pretty much threw my plan together myself.

5.4m easy this morning for me.   Little sore from Thursday's workout, so it was REALLY slow. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Good morning, everyone.

FreeSoul87, thank you for starting today's thread. Fantastic 5.1. I hope that Rocky becomes and stays well.

Lauren710, enjoy your long run.

Lily, have a terrific ten-to-twelve-miler.

Phil, excellent easy run.

Marjorie, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

cjones1, beautiful 5.4.

I did 50:03 on the TM this morning. 0:00-35:00 at 6.6mph (9:05). 35:00-44:00 at 6.7mph (8:57). 44:00-48:01 at 6.8mph (8:49). 48:01-50:03 at 4.1mph (14:37). 5.40 miles in 50:03. 9:16 pace. I'm thrilled!

Zelanie

Morning!  Got in my 8.5 on the TM last night while the others went to the hotel bar.  They came by to say hi just after mile 5 (so it couldn't have been all that exciting).  Then I hit the hotel hot tub and sauna (mostly to dry off) and now all of my muscles feel great.

We will see what I feel like doing later.  Maybe the same 8.5?

FreeSoul- Hope Rocky is OK!

Lauren- Good luck with your busy day, and hope the LR goes well!

Lily- Hope that the legs are feeling speedy!

Phil- Good luck tomorrow!

Marjorie- Enjoy the RD!

cjones- Maybe you should be charging for your plan. Wink

Basya- Nice progression run!

cjones1

cjones- Maybe you should be charging for your plan. Wink

Best idea I've heard this morning, but we'll see what kind of results it produces first. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)