Beginners and Beyond

Where the F*@k Fridailies..... (Read 52 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm going to be picking up his medication today, thankfully he has no issues eating whatever you give him (besides a few certain veggies and fruits).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

Yep, those ears definitely need scritchies.  Handsome boy!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep, those ears definitely need scritchies.  Handsome boy!

Lol, he is a handsome boy 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to mention, I woke up to this:

Damaris

LRB

BOING!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dang it D! You made me buy the Wildflower pants!!! I was saving up for another pair of shoes 

PRs

Cyberic

So you're going to drink the day before you have to race 25 laps around an indoor track?  Geez, that would not be a good move for me. Smile

I had ONE pint, and a salad with some roasted chicken breast strips. I find myself very mature and serious about my running Big grin

Cyberic

Your picture is everywhere!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, I'm tired.   Had some kind of virus crap on Wednesday night, felt better on Thursday a bit, got a really good run in, but still had a bunch of tests done at the doc, and more tests on Friday, sheesh, including a TM stress test, which I did with flying colors.   For some reason this 'whatever it is" - chills, fever, etc - has acted up with me now 3 times in the last 4 months, so my docs are trying to figure out why...they are checking for potential immune deficiency, heart stress, , potential allergy to something, potential respiratory problem, anything they can think of...gotta love the military docs, if nothing else, they are very thorough!  If these results are inconclusive - I get the answers in about a week - probably more tests to follow.  Love being a lab rat!     I did manage, finally, to get my spinal arthritis weight training circuit session in today too....gotta be more consistent with that, especially, my primary doc already scolded me about not being consistent in that area!    Also picked up my packet for my 5K tomorrow morning - and thunderstorms are predicted around here for both Saturday and Sunday ALL DAY.  Right now, the rain just started up and it is coming down pretty good too.  Wonderful.  So now I'm just chillin' at home - me and my cats - and will just take it nice and easy the rest of the day and evening, probably even go to bed a bit early, to be all nice and rested up for my 5K tomorrow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

Feel better, Scotty!  If your doc can't figure it out, maybe Freesoul can give you the name of her vet.  Seems she's pretty good with doggies.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, she is a sweetheart. All my animals love her and she was Molly's vet, she took great care of Molly since she was 8 years old.

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

FreeSoul, wishing all the best for Rocky!  You take really good care of him and I bet he won't have any problems at all dealing with this issue.  May he enjoy a long and as-healthy-as-can-be running life with you!

BTW, I had a weird dream the other night about you and Rocky, lol.  He was waiting for you and you came out to run...in a thong, lol - and Rocky got all upset and started to pull on it a la those old "Coppertone" advertisements, lol...

Slackers!  

So this morning Rocky and I went for a 5.1 miler, another slowish run as this whole week has been slow running for whatever reason... constantly around 10:30 min/mile pace, not sure why.

Then I went to the gym for my circuits, focusing on the back for an hour. I must admit it is quite uncomfortable bent over on a bench doing my dumbbell rows with a bunch of guys around me, it doesn't matter which way I turn my ass because the weights are in a corner with mirrors  and I might be weird but I hate being bent over around guys, stretching around other fellow runners is one thing but around guys at a gym or anywhere else is a whole other story damn it.

Wide Grip Late Pull Down: 66.2lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX15, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 60lbsX8reps
                          Seated Cable Row: 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 66.2lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 40 lbs

Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 60 lbs

Rear Delt: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps

Underhand Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX10reps, 60lbsX8reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 60lbsX8reps

Machine Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE ON ROCKYI didn't want to mention this until I knew exactly what the problem is, but Rocky could have Epilepsy or be Epileptic I guess you could say. He started having occasional seizures back in 2013 before he started running with me, around the end of his heartworm treatment. Throughout 2014 it was every 3-5 months he'd have an obvious episode where his body would spasm and go rigid and he'd panic, it would last 3-5 minutes an he'd have 2-3 episodes in the span of 20-25 minutes. Over the last 6 months it has gotten to be almost once a month but lasting very short and only being one episode. Reading up on things, I realize he has them more often, but the other episodes are the fear, getting up close to me and shaking as he can feel something is coming on but those episodes never go all the way to the "Grand Mal" as they call it. Yesterday I took him to his vet, she took blood and urine samples and will have the diagnosis back today, she is pretty sure it is Epilepsy and not something causing him or poisoning him. She isn't worried about the running, she is actually very pleased with his weight, build (he has gotten very muscular since running) and says he is otherwise in amazing shape mentally and emotionally. Most likely he will have to go on medication for this rest of his life though, to help cut back on the episodes and severity of them as I am sure things will only get worse as he ages 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Lol, she is a sweetheart. All my animals love her and she was Molly's vet, she took great care of Molly since she was 8 years old.

She will be glad to hear that I have had all my shots....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have 10-12 miles tonight and I may try some short speed intervals if I'm up to it.

Shoot, your NORMAL PACE running is speed intervals to me, lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today

Or, in other words, 0.0 for MarjorieAnn....