Beginners and Beyond

January Goals (Read 40 times)

LRB

Continue to take it light and easy until training for my goal spring half begins on the 18th.

If the opportunity to race presents itself this month I'll take it, but I am not counting on it.

Use the running downtime to get the core and strength work cranked up in anticipation for another long racing season.

It looks like the 6 lbs I gained last season will be hanging around a little while longer, so I need to be mindful of that when splurging. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

I need about a 70 mile month for my minds sake.  I'm working hard to get my running back on track.  There's some eating habits that HAVE to be corrected as well.

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

Do what my coach says and hopefully start to get faster.

Also, I've put on 7 pounds.  Smile  Time to lose it though.  Sad

ETA:  Also, get through our Colorado ski vacation without suffering a catastrophic knee (or any other) injury.

<3

Need to get back on track.  A 60 mile month would be a good start for me.    Also like others, lose all this extra weight.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

bluerun

Super B****

Should be "finally run a 10 mile race under 1:20," but with my ankle behaving the way it is... yeah.  I still want that though.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RSX

Figure out if I can deal with a meniscus issue. I can run but slower. I have a Boston # if I turn it in. Otherwise it gets passed on to a friend .

B-Plus

I'm about 9 lbs heavier compared to what I was at my September goal race, so I'd like to get started on that weight loss. Let's say below 140 for this month.

LRB

I'm about 9 lbs heavier compared to what I was at my September goal race, so I'd like to get started on that weight loss. Let's say below 140 for this month.

I feel like a slacker. lol

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

100 miles, dammit.

Running is dumb.

B-Plus

I feel like a slacker. lol

I was thinking of starting a thread titled, "What would happen if ..."

Then the OP would be, "... You stepped on a scale right now?"

Jill.

Penguin Power!

1. Do my ankle PT.  For real this month =/

2. 125 miles

3. Beat the Blerch (it won the holidays)

4. (stretch goal for sure especially since I'm attending an out of state birthday party the night before) PR at the Manhattan Half

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

For me the answer would be laughter. lol

B-Plus

For me the answer would be laughter. lol

You mean the scale would laugh at you?

LRB

You mean the scale would laugh at you?

While pointing at me with one hand and slapping its knee with the other.

From the Internet.

It would probably just be pictures of every dessert and alcohol-based drink I've had in the last month, haha. I finally found my scale but I'm giving myself at least a month before I step on that thing.