Beginners and Beyond

Drive-thru FriDAILIES: May we take your order? (Read 41 times)

LRB

I will take a rest day.  You?

Cyberic

Same here

runninggirl30

I will be squeezing in 3 miles sometime during my crazy busy day.   I am NOT a morning person!!!!!   Today I want to sleep til noon but I'm up and I'll stay up Sad   So glad it's Friday, woo hoo!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

It may be time to run a bit. Or maybe not.

delicate flower

MAYBE!

Well the plan today was to do my final "long run" (14 miles) before my marathon, but I'm not feeling particularly motivated to battle 35 mph winds today.  So, I may move that run to tomorrow morning.  I was hoping to rest my legs tomorrow for a 5K Sunday, but the 5K isn't that important.  So we'll see.  I could also treadmill the 14 miles today.

Speaking of the treadmill, I did 5 on it yesterday.  Nice and easy.  My legs are starting to feel rested.

Meetings all day today.  Meh.

<3

happylily

I feel a cold coming on... Been pretty lucky so far and managed to avoid them when I had my races. Oh well, it is the season... I may run 4 or 5, depending on how I feel tonight. The return to work was tough yesterday. The kids sounded louder than the whole of NYC.  I have a few pics of my trip, I'll try to post them later if I can.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Can I order our warm weather back?

Rain cleared out of San Antonio area yesterday, but the wind picked up quite briskly.   58 degrees for my run/walk after work, pretty chilly for down here, our normal  high for this time of year is about 68 degrees.  I did my outing at Fort Sam Houston, 5K distance.  Very nice outing, gave treats to my canine pals along the way.   Fun.

Leaving work a bit early today for a doctor's appointment (routine) and then picking up my packet for my 5K tomorrow morning - "Dare To Be Powerful" 5K, which supports the local Martinez Street Women's Center, that helps women by "providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy. We envision a world where women and girls achieve empowerment, quality, and justice."   Also, for those of you who missed Bernadette in my last couple of reports, she IS doing this event.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and a run tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Can I order our warm weather back?

Rain cleared out of San Antonio area yesterday, but the wind picked up quite briskly.   58 degrees for my run/walk after work, pretty chilly for down here, our normal  high for this time of year is about 68 degrees.  I did my outing at Fort Sam Houston, 5K distance.  Very nice outing, gave treats to my canine pals along the way.   Fun.

Leaving work a bit early today for a doctor's appointment (routine) and then picking up my packet for my 5K tomorrow morning - "Dare To Be Powerful" 5K, which supports the local Martinez Street Women's Center, that helps women by "providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy. We envision a world where women and girls achieve empowerment, quality, and justice."   Also, for those of you who missed Bernadette in my last couple of reports, she IS doing this event.

You can keep the warm weather, please.  Yesterday, it was only 84F feels like during my run but after a week in the low 80s, the 70DP and that felt too humid and hot.  Ha.

I actually saw three people running in LSs last night.  It was 80F!  People.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wanted to hit the trails for a 4 mile run this morning but my little "angel" woke up at like 2:40 AM laughing and talking and going on as if he were watching a movie, that lasted until 5:15 AM. I am hoping that my mom can watch him this afternoon so Rocky and I can hit the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Not sure when I checked in last. So, the week so far: Monday-10.7, Tuesday-4.1, Wednesday-7.1, Thursday-4.1.

Plans for today are 12 miles, including about 5 with a friend.

Tomorrow, DS and I and friends will run a 2.3-mile cross-country/trail race. I'm not sure what to expect from DS in terms of running vs. walking, but I do know the course is supposed to have a few big climbs.

Sunday - TBD.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

Rest day #7.  Today is the first day I have felt that itch to run.  I was tempted to do something short this morning but I didn't.

LRB

Today is the first day I have felt that itch to run.  I was tempted to do something short this morning but I didn't.

I had that feeling as well, it is pretty cool actually.

Welp peeps, I have decided to pass on my half marathon tomorrow.  Although physically I am fine and doing well with varying paces, I just am not 100% certain the time is right for it three weeks removed from Detroit.

Because of its close proximity to my race last month this was always a game day decision based on how recovery went, but now that it's here I just don't think it's prudent.

There was heavy ass temptation to get out there though after learning of the new qualifying times for New York this week, but my goals for the half marathon are way bigger than that, so NYC will have to wait.  Plus I ain't running no stupid marathon next year anyway, something I almost forgot about. lol

Instead I will focus on running a 5k towards the end of the month, while continuing to take it nice and easy in between.  Boo.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I have some tempo miles on tap for later.

Can anyone recommend an LED light for running? With the time change and marathon training approaching I will be doing a lot of miles in the dark and I think a light would be nice. I wear a reflective vest but might feel a bit more comfortable with a light. I think I just want want that clips on because I don't want to hold anything and I'm not sure about a headlamp. Thanks for any advice.

You Rang?

No thanks.  I took one yesterday.  I've just come back from six miles along the beach in Huntington Beach.  I'm loading Couch to 5k back on my phone because my 12 year old daughter wants to go running with me.  We'll do that tonight after dinner.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)