Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILY Penguin's Thanksgiving Week (Read 31 times)

Dad on the run.

She Can - Yes it does, luckily though I'm use to it. Before I got moved to the position I was in my hours at work was 5am to 1pm and It's an hour drive to work so I was getting up at 3am daily.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

on my way to badass

We waited for the bus in the warmed up car, so not so bad. My 4easy was not so easy. I hadn't counted on the snow. I should have put on the yaktrax. I stayed upright, so no harm done. Live and learn.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

tracilynn

Hey everyone.

I went to my very first spin class at the gym this morning. It was okay. All I could think was , "this is stupid I rather be running..."  Ha.  I need to work on that attitude.  I think I'm gonna try Zumba tomorrow which terrifies me because I have 2 left feet & very uncoordinated And I'm very Caucasian. Get me? Yeah.

cold here too. Upper 30s but windy as hell feels like -20 to me. We have sleet n freezing rain on the way too. WTH happened to fall?

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kristin, I try to err on the warm side and if I overheat, I cut my run short.  Sometimes I can just pull my sleeves up or unzip my neck or slide my head band off to cool off a bit.

Z', I am actually working through Wednesday so I'll call it Frensnesday.

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone.

I went to my very first spin class at the gym this morning. It was okay. All I could think was , "this is stupid I rather be running..."  Ha.  I need to work on that attitude.  I think I'm gonna try Zumba tomorrow which terrifies me because I have 2 left feet & very uncoordinated And I'm very much a white girl. Get me? Yeah.

cold here too. Upper 30s but windy as hell feels like -20 to me. We have sleet n freezing rain on the way too. WTH happened to fall?

FYP :P hahaha

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day for my legs after back-to-back very hilly 5Ks on Saturday and Sunday.  My race reports with the photos are on the main page somewhere.  The Mustache Dache on Saturday was very fun, lots of folks in costume, lots of them wearing imaginative mustaches, lots of post race goodies, including beer, canned and draft.  Pretty good football weekend for me too, my university football team became bowl eligible and most of the college teams I like won their games.   The only bad part of the weekend was the NFL, Houston Texans blew it yet again - 9 straight losses now - the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, and those idiot Denver Broncos lost in overtime on a very stupid play to the Damn New England Patriots.   Today at lunch I went and got my packet for my Turkey Trot on Thursday.  Nice shirt.  I only work 2 days this week.  After tomorrow, I am off until Monday.   Nice to work for a university in the holiday season!

No snow here, Jerry, but this morning we went all the way down to 29 degrees for a while!   San Antonio's usual low for this time of year is 48 or so.   The hill country area about an hour from us did get a freeze.  Mother Nature hates us!   Good luck with the 5 today!

Hope you get your no-wind wish, Stone Fence. That sounds really cold where you are!

Well, at least you got out there, Kristin, in that weather.  Most people would not.  You will get the layering down soon.  Took me a while to get it right when I lived in Ohio.

You are running again, Jimmy?  Good luck with your miles today?  Of course Canada is cold...it's a province of Russia, isn't it?  Wink

What's T25 cardio, Damaris?   Some kind of attorney workout?  "OK, we have T-25 to work out this brief before we file it.."  Wink  Good luck with your 6 miles.   Y'all are warm.  I was watching the Dolphins game yesterday...11 a.m. in the morning, for pete's sake, and the announcer was saying it was already 80 degrees, good gracious.

Way to lift and run, Lauren.  Enjoy the rest day, you earned it.

Do they just put a cot up for you, Zelanie, so you can stay there 24-7, with all those meetings and conferences?

Are the dedicated paths lighted at night obiebyke?  Seems like it might be kind of hard to run on unlighted paths at night.  The thing I don't like about street running at night is that even if you wear reflective gear so drivers can see you, some of these idiots STILL hit their brights to get a look at you and then you're like "Arrggggh!" and blinded for a few seconds.  Which is not good when you're a klutz like me.  Hell, I trip and fall down in bright daylight, lol, and then some idiot is going to try and blind me at night so I might mis-step on something along the roadside?  Arrrggggh!   Well, I am lucky, I don't have to run in the dark very much at all since I get off work at 4 p.m. and usually here in my area, I have light until a little after 6 pm.

Glad your leg is feeling better, Bin.

Happy recovery miles, Dave.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the rest day, SheCan...gotta take care of the Great Legs!

And I'm very Caucasian.   Yeah, Traci, that's why I don't play basketball.  "White Men Can't Jump." Wink   Okay, maybe just me.    With this stupid spinal arthritis, jumping is just way too painful on my back.  So no basketball, no volleyball, no hurdles, no kickboxing....so it's probably a good thing I have no talent for any of that stuff anyway.   Joking   I bet you do just fine with Zumba, I bet you are are more coordinated than you think.  My wife Gail took to it and she got it down pat pretty quick.  She's good at that kind of stuff...zumba, line dancing, etc.  Me, I got 4 left feet.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in a quick 2.1 miles for day #1 of my attempt to streak into next year.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Dad on the run.

You should put some clothes on! It's way to cold to be streaking into anything right now.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

obiebyke

Yup, Scotty, there are lights. And I'll still wear a headlamp. They're paths, not trails, so they're pretty smooth and right next to the road, they just don't cross the road. It's all about avoiding the crazy drivers! I am convinced I'm going to get hit crossing street after street with terrible drivers and right turners, etc.

I hate you for having light after 6pm. We get dark at 4.30. Thbt! (The universal sign for sticking my tongue out at you Smile )

Are the dedicated paths lighted at night obiebyke?  Seems like it might be kind of hard to run on unlighted paths at night.  The thing I don't like about street running at night is that even if you wear reflective gear so drivers can see you, some of these idiots STILL hit their brights to get a look at you and then you're like "Arrggggh!" and blinded for a few seconds.  Which is not good when you're a klutz like me.  Hell, I trip and fall down in bright daylight, lol, and then some idiot is going to try and blind me at night so I might mis-step on something along the roadside?  Arrrggggh!   Well, I am lucky, I don't have to run in the dark very much at all since I get off work at 4 p.m. and usually here in my area, I have light until a little after 6 pm.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your streaking, Robert!  And don't freeze your ball-bearings off.

Obiebyke, it's nearly dark by 6 pm. around here....we have a bit of light remaining, but not much...but we usually have enough daylight to see up until around 6 pm.   That may change, though, when December, January, and Feb get here, those are our usual 'coldest and darkest' months of the year for us in South Texas.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Greetings from Zion! Today we hiked up to Angels Landing. This is a view from the bottom and we went to the top of that.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

URD.  Omg, snow on the bike path.  Plan B, went to health club.

Jack, we loved Zion when we went many years ago.  Enjoy!!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

And here we are at the top.

on my way to badass

Awesome pics Jack!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28