Beginners and Beyond

$93.50 (Read 176 times)

I'm thinking dogsleds are our future.  $93.50 buys a lot of dog food.

B-Plus

I'd better not mention how much it would cost to fill that gas guzzler up here.

Will run for scenery.

I drive a 20 year old BMW 5 series w/ a V8.  It's an awesome car, and it's been very affordable, but I'm glad I live 10 blocks from work!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Perhaps KayPS can answer the question whether it's a state law for gas attendants to pump gas in Jersey.

Yes, it is.

I sold my 16mpg pathfinder in 2009 for a 28mpg Subaru. Took me a long time to get over the loss of HP but with the extra cash in my pocket it helped. Did I mention I drive like 28k miles a year?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have a 9.5 gallon tank and I get 50-54 mpg. It's no truck but you gotta love the mileage.

Daves_Not_Here

$153.00 if you were buying at $3.39.

I owned a Suburban once, which had a 42 gallon tank.  Despite that, man I loved that thing!

We pretty much only use the Excursion for towing, big Costco runs, or when we need to drive around a lot of people. Otherwise our daily commuters are the Volvo S80 T6 or my VTX1800R scooter. Smile

happylily

$1.39 a litre. What is that for you guys? It's pretty costly for us to fill up, we have an SUV (Mercedes). But we only have the one car and we both work from home, so that's not too too bad...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

$1.39 a litre. What is that for you guys? It's pretty costly for us to fill up, we have an SUV (Mercedes). But we only have the one car and we both work from home, so that's not too too bad...

I think a liter is about .3 gallons, so... $4.60/gallon?

My car gets 42MPG!  Wheeeeee.

happylily

Yes, 3.7something litres per US gallon. I just checked the price at the moment and it's around $1.25 CAN (almost at par I think?), so a bit less than I thought, but still high. We pay a lot of taxes... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I went from a Ford Explorer to a Honda Civic last year. HUGE difference! Tank is half the size and I fill it less often! Also, parallel parking in Brooklyn up to 7 times a day (when I see homecare clients after my fulltime job) is SO much easier with a little car! I do NOT miss  driving an SUV! Though I do miss feeling big and intimidating in it LOL....at 5'3" I so rarely get to feel like that IRL

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Daves_Not_Here

That's damn good. That's even better than my scooter. Of course, my "scooter" ain't exactly little. I get 40 though..and it's a helluva lot of fun...

Hip Redux

Not a scooter!   It's a Honda Fit.  Husband has a Mini and gets about the same gas mileage.    I love my Fit.  Big grin  It's kinda like a golf cart, but with more cargo space.

LRB

VTX1800R.

The VTX upped the ante when it first came out.  Pics do not do it justice, it is as long as some cars!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

My Jeep Cherokee Sport doesn't get out much these days...if I strictly drive back and forth to week, a tank of gas will last me about 2 weeks...and even then, I usually only put in about $30 at a time.

DH's car (2008 Versa) is great on gas, so we use that for farther away trips.  It went on a nice expedition to WV/KY back in June.

Walk-Jogger

$93.50 for gas @ 3.79 per gallon (our local price at the moment) would get me from Portland, Texas to Sarasota, Florida in my Prius. 1233 miles.  Two stops for gas along the way and a fill-up when I get there. For the record, I've never been to either of these places.

Retired &  Loving It