Beginners and Beyond

$93.50 (Read 176 times)

The local station had a $75 credit limit on fill ups and I always hit it.

The finally removed the limit recently.  I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad.....

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I started riding my bike to work approx. 3 days a week to work back in June.  One of my best decisions ever.  I put gas in my little Honda Civic every 3 weeks now.

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

$93.50 for gas @ 3.79 per gallon (our local price at the moment) would get me from Portland, Texas to Sarasota, Florida in my Prius. 1233 miles.  Two stops for gas along the way and a fill-up when I get there. For the record, I've never been to either of these places.

I can believe it.  I thank my hybrid every time I have to go to Court and drive more than 70 miles that day and my car won't even spend 1/8 of a tank.

Damaris

RSX

I pay about $45 when I fill up but my commute isn't bad so it lasts 10 days. Gas is around $3.59 here in MA. If I go to NH for any reason I fill it on the way home.

RSX

I can believe it.  I thank my hybrid every time I have to go to Court and drive more than 70 miles that day and my car won't even spend 1/8 of a tank.

We drove from Philly to home last year (Boston area) in my wife's hybrid without stopping for gas

LRB

$93.50 for gas @ 3.79 per gallon (our local price at the moment) would get me from Portland, Texas to Sarasota, Florida in my Prius. 1233 miles.

I get a little more than a third of that in the city, just under half on the highway.

I have been driving since 1985, and driving trucks since 1995.  My guess is that I could retire with the difference I have spent since then!

B-Plus

Gas has been a bit cheaper recently at $1.35 Canadian pet litre. I believe that's more than $5 US per gallon.

Dad on the run.

What kind of hybrid you got?

I fill up at about 57 bucks 3.21 a gallon and get anywhere from 480 - 520 miles a tank. Non hybrid. Smile

Hmmm, my hybrid fills up with $50 and lasts me close to 500 miles.....Joking

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

LRB

Gas has been a bit cheaper recently at $1.35 Canadian pet litre. I believe that's more than $5 US per gallon.

Yeah, the first time I pumped gas in Canada, was actually the last time I ever will!  lol

It is essentially basic math, but basic math is not so basic the further you get away from high school and college.  It doesn't help that I am from the generation that tried to go metric during the 70's, an experiment that was a complete and utter failure!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What kind of hybrid you got?

I fill up at about 57 bucks 3.21 a gallon and get anywhere from 480 - 520 miles a tank. Non hybrid. Smile

Mine had great mileage per gallon then but they have made better.  I will be switching this Camry Hybrid when the lease is up ans returning to lexus.  Remember my gas is at around $3.50 And that is low.  I have not seen $3.21 in 8 years.  At $3.21, I would fill it with less $40.

I travel around 300 miles a week and I fill it up every 2-3 weeks so my first estimate was low.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love the Diesel we got in Berlin. It gave up 60mpg or something like thatz. Good when gas was between an arm and a leg per liter.

Damaris

Ric-G

this

You should see prices out here in CA, $3.39/gallon would be welcomed out this way.

marathon pr - 3:16

I would love to see Subaru make a hybrid Outback or Forester.  Those are the top two choices on my short list of next vehicle.

My front-wheel drive Grand Prix will suffice for now, but a tiny hybrid would never make it up here in the winter.

B-Plus

Yeah, the first time I pumped gas in Canada, was actually the last time I ever will!  lol

Lol! I always make sure my gas tank is damn well near empty whenever I go down to the States!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

We have a 2007 Jeep Commander that gets 18 MPG tops on the highway.  Ours has the 4.7L V8 and the optional engine was the 3.7L V6.  You would think the V6 gets better gas mileage but that would be wrong.  That being said, glad we have the V8 so it has enough ass to get out of the way.

Our motorhome has the Ford V10 and gets less than 8 MPG which is a major kick in the Nixon when its time to fill up the 55 gallon tank.  BUT its still cheaper than airfare for 4 and I don't have to worry about sleeping in someone else's dirt or funk.