Beginners and Beyond

$93.50 (Read 176 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

jay, have an outback now and it's great...hybrid would be a real plus!

I cannot believe they have not released a hybrid model.  I might try the Acura hybrids next time, as it's the first time they have a model like that.

And the myth of not being able to drive fast with a hybrid is that; a myth.  I have no problems reaching speeds I used to reach with my Lexus.  And the number will stay hidden. Big grin

Damaris

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Wish I still had my Cobra sometimes.  Thing was a power beast and would get 24+ MPG on the highway which is better than I get with my V6 I have now.  I can only get the Saturn Vue to about 100 mph whereas the Cobra would hit 150 easy and still had room to climb.

kettledrum

49.5 mpg over the last 7 years in my 06 Prius.   I'm happy enough with that for now.

I cannot believe they have not released a hybrid model.

Subaru makes a hybrid: the crosstrek xv. It gets a whopping combined 30 mpg. Most regular subarus now get about 27-28 mpg already, which is pretty close to what any of the other awd/4wd hybrids get (escape, lexus). So really, you're just as well off with a new forrester as is than any other (more expensive) awd hybrid. And most people are buying the subaru for the awd. That's why every 2nd car you see from Hartford north is a damn subaru.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gville, that is one thing I have seen with the sale of hybrids.  It has encouraged tbe car makers into creating more fuel efficient cars. I know the rules are also responsible for this but the competition amd the high gas prices have brought better choices.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will still get the hybrid option if the regular has similar mpg just for the added savings. I have free tolls on certain tolls and can use the HOV lane with only me in the car.  The tolls are a huge savings for me.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I remember when I used to fill up my Maverick for about $5.00!

My truck's the same way. Beautiful Red Dodge 1500 short bed with the Hemi and about a 26 gallon tank. Costs a mint to fill it, and it gets about 13 mpg. Goes like a scalded dog when you stomp on it, and it'll tow over 9000 pounds.

But, I don't drive it much - the Escape's a lot cheaper to operate. But when you need a truck, you need a truck!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54