Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins are Early Birds (Read 33 times)

SheCan

Good morning penguin friends!

Mmmm@ cheese burgers...I could go for one of those.

Jimmy-- what are bojangles?  Wasn't that a song? (ohhhh @ your answer to Scotty.  I'd never heard of one either) Glad your running is coming back.  We all need breaks now and then.

PAD and Awood, good job on the first 1/2 of your workouts!

Scotty-- good morning and happy birthday Air force!  Enjoy your nonrun day!

Bin & Docket-- great job on the miles!

Jack-- hey ya!  Hope you got the pic I sent Smile

Zelanie-- enjoy your rest day.  Hope you're feeling rested and fresh soon.

HsM-- ohh that bubble bath sounds good.  Hope your baby is feeling better soon.

Ginny--- glad to hear you're getting in some running with no pain!  That's awesome.  Still hoping for the best for you.  Have fun hiking.

Well, I've come to a decision.  I've decided, I'm just not up for training for a marathon right now.  My body has just been so sluggish, and pushing myself day after day is making me hate running.  I want to get back to just enjoying myself again.  I may switch to a HM later, if they'll let me, but for now, I'm just taking it easy.    Taking another day off, and probably more.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

I just figured Bojangles was a national chain... guess not Smile

Ginny - are you kidding a chicken biscuit is like a breakfast favorite for me, unfortunelty at 510 calories a biscuit its something I don't get to indulge in often.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Hog - Just a quick FYI I'm not doing the liz hurley this year. My cousin has a cross country race and its being hosted at his school that day and my wife and I told him we would be there.

On the flip side, you thinking about running the Vulcan 10k in b'ham?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Ginny, that is great news!

I did a hilly 5.5 miles this morning that included some trails and a black snake.  Dead

1:00 plank done too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just figured Bojangles was a national chain... guess not Smile

Ginny - are you kidding a chicken biscuit is like a breakfast favorite for me, unfortunelty at 510 calories a biscuit its something I don't get to indulge in often.

Not down here.  If it were, the Cubans would call it Bohangles.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: Smile

She Can: Dang it! Too bad about the marathon, but if you are not feelin' it, I get it.  Hopefully you can do the HM instead. I will be out there so I hope you can make it to drag me across the finish line.

Dad on the run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Florida is 10 hours long!!!

Damaris

Dad on the run.

Florida is 10 hours long!!!

Excuses, excuses... Smile

What part of Florida are you in?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

I've seen Bojangles forever, but I've never eaten at one.  They tend toward the spicy, and I am a spice wuss.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

While we're talking about Bojangles, I love their boberry biscuits!  Haven't had one since before I got healthy tho, but they are yummy. Smile

Cherie, good call, it's not worth it if you're not enjoying it.  We're not getting paid to do this, and there will always be more races.  Rest up, and then get out there with no watch, no goals and just enjoy running again. Smile

9.3 miles done this morning.  I won't brag about the weather, for fear of incurring Damaris' wrath. Smile  But I will mention that I had to seriously think about whether or not to put on a long sleeve shirt.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

Cherie, good call, it's not worth it if you're not enjoying it.  We're not getting paid to do this, and there will always be more races.  Rest up, and then get out there with no watch, no goals and just enjoy running again. Smile

9.3 miles done this morning.  I won't brag about the weather, for fear of incurring Damaris' wrath. Smile  But I will mention that I had to seriously think about whether or not to put on a long sleeve shirt.

Thanks Jack and Dave.  Ohhhh, long sleeves?  Damaris isn't the only one that's jealous.   Well luck you; enjoy that weather!  Great job on the 9+ miles.

Jack is your wife doing the HM?

And here is another pic of Jack's beautiful, athletic daughter, I just had to sketch:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: that is AMAZING!!  I am trying to convince DW to do the HM but she does not think she will be ready. She hasn't run much since our HM in July. Younger DD has a swim meet that weekend so I might be coming out on my own.  We shall see...

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She Can - You've got talent.  Nice work!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Excuses, excuses... Smile

What part of Florida are you in?

Hello?  We are as far South we are no longer in the United States!  It takes me at least 8 hours to leave the fucking state in case of emergencies.  And poor of those in the Keys.

Damaris