Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins are Early Birds (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That reminds me when a friend of mine came to Florida a few years ago.  She said: I am going to Miami next week, we should meet.  Cool.  When are you coming?  I arrive at 4:30 on Friday at Orlando Intl.  Ahem, that's not even close to Miami.  No?  Can you drive?  4 hours on a weekday one way?  Sorry, but I cannot.

Damaris

hog4life

I like Popeyes more than Bojangles.

Cherie, that is fantastic! Love it.

I would like to visit Miami to run with Damaris and have drinks and eats afterwards.

Traci, you runnin with a gun? Yikes !!! I hate snakes and spiders.

Jack, wish I was closer, I would run it with ya.

Jimmy, thanks for the heads up on Liz Hurley. Are you running th Vulcan? When is it? I'll have to check, but I might could come down.

Running with Bella and GS after work.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jack, we don't have In-n-Out in San Antonio.  Dallas-Fort Worth area does and Round Rock, near Austin, just had one open.  But none in San Antonio.   We don't have Bojangles, either.  Temple, Texas, has one, and so does Fort Hood in Killeen.  Hmm, do they make the chickens dance before they cook them up?  "Dance, Bojangles Chicken, Dance.."

You work some long hours, Zelanie!  You teachers are certainly dedicated.  Hope all the non-running days helps your body get ready for your half-training.

Scotty - any after effects from yesterday's car brush?  Well, Ginny, I feel a little TIRED and RUN DOWN.  Joking  Nope, actually feeling pretty good.  Just a small bruise on the side of my heel, but I'm walking normally, etc.  I guess I was very lucky.  Glad you are having no post-run traumas after your 3 days of running, that is great!  Enjoy your RD and whatever activity you decide to do today.

Good news on your kitty, HsM.  Maybe she'd enjoy sharing your bubble bath, help her relax after all her trauma.  Wink

Plenty of Popeyes around here, Mitch, that's one thing we do have.  I don't like their stuff though, way too spicy.  We also have Church's Chicken here, since it was founded in San Antonio.  But their stuff is WAAAY too greasy...yuk.  Have fun with Bella after work!  Umm, what's "GS"?   Girl Scouts? Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Hog - mmmm popeyes. We don't have one close to where we live though. Its Bojangles or KFC for my fried chicken fix. The vulcan run is Nov 2 and yes I do plan on running it, several guys at work are running it as well.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

nice sketch Cherie!  I envy people with artistic talent as I have ZERO. I can barely draw stick people. That is so good!

mitch, I did run with a small tree branch to catch the spider webs. Joking  I did wave my branch at the snake hoping he would get off my trail but be wasn't having it. Just sat there looking at me Like my "weapon" was pathetic because it was. ha!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Bojangles does have great biscuits but the last time I had one it was soooo salty I couldn't eat it!

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Jimmy, sorry, but can't make that one. My NOBO 5k/10k graduation is that day. Have you thought any about the February Mecedes half? I hope I can do that one again.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks Jack and Dave.  Ohhhh, long sleeves?  Damaris isn't the only one that's jealous.   Well luck you; enjoy that weather!  Great job on the 9+ miles.

Jack is your wife doing the HM?

And here is another pic of Jack's beautiful, athletic daughter, I just had to sketch:

Wow, nice talent!  I can't draw a lick...I'm even bad at stick figures, lol. So I admire those who have the talent to do it.

Probably a wise decision on your marathon, Cherie.  You know yourself best, do what you know is right for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is very pretty, She-Can.

Damaris

Sloooow.

Busy day guys and ladies! 3.4 miles done on my trusty rattly treadmill. Weather forecast has a low of 64(!!) this Saturday, so that will be my outdoor run. I can't remember the last time the low was below 70. Funny thing is, people are talking about bringing their pants and long sleeves out, loooool.

Dad on the run.

Hog - I don't know. HM training scares me now. I've attempted it twice and both times something has happened that has kept me from completing it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog - I don't know. HM training scares me now. I've attempted it twice and both times something has happened that has kept me from completing it.

Try a few more 5 and 10k races and build up to a HM. You can do it.

Mind if I jump in here?  I was a part of this thread quite a while ago.  I sprained my ankle pretty badly in January and was out of commission for over four months.  I can run now but I've had to basically start all over and have gained weight and gotten ridiculously slow.  I still get out there and make it work though not as often as I should.  So, that's my story.  Hope everyone is having a happy hump day.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Singer who runs a smidge

How do, Eats?  Glad your ankle is doing better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hey there, nice to see a familiar name.

I may be slow but I never quit.