Beginners and Beyond

99 problems but SUNDAILIES ain't one (Read 40 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay, GI Joe is a great movie.... my fave character being Roadblock (Dwayne Johnson), though Bruce Willis was cheesy (as usual) and his house was awesome with all the hidden places for weapons.

13 miles this morning, windy and in the mid 30's but overall a  nice run. Took an hour to get back into my usual groove for long runs, but overall it was a great morning run. Now for lots of coffee and enjoying the day with my son and hubby.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Sunday's not even here yet and Jay already wins the dailies.  Bonus points for including yourself in the personals, and job getting out there in the wind!  Good thing you can probably outrun the coyotes. 

LOL

Great job starting the dailies, Jay. Now I expect LRB, Basya and Shari to do it in the same style every morning. 

Aww! Now that the game is over, I can go run. I would tell you what my run is, but I'm afraid that MothAudio will appear out of nowhere and tell me that what I'm doing is nonsense.  Okay, I'll tell you anyway: Sunday is LR day and today is 20 miles. I will try to keep it right in the middle of McMillan's recommended pace for me, which is about 8:20/8:30. Maybe it will be slower, I had two faster runs this week and my legs are somewhat stiff, but not too too bad.

Have a great afternoon!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DaveP MI, have fun doing whatever you do.

Damaris, feel well, whatever you do.

Tom, I'm glad that your knee is OK. Enjoy your SRD.

Beth, enjoy your busy, busy day.

Andrew, have a pleasant SRD. Have fun at BIL's party.

Phil, enjoy your eight-miler with MBC. I'm glad that you're feeling OK.

Rick, six miles of clear sidewalks? What's that of which you speak?

Nicole, brava on the thirteen.

Lily, have an amazing twenty-miler.

Y'all will have five days of early dailies in March, when I'll be in Israel. Six-hour time difference and great coffee. That reminds me. I need to buy a small jar of peanut butter to take with me.

Zelanie

Now it's morning!  I have a student orientation for the Costa Rica trip today, so my 4-6 mile recovery run will have to be this evening.

Good luck to those of you who have long runs scheduled for today!

B-Plus

Been up since 4 and gonna celebrate gold with 6 just before lunch. It's been snowing since yesterday though.

LRB

12 done, 6 or 7 of them with a friend which made the time zoom by.  I still had 2 to go when she dropped off and it got eerily quiet!

Now I am off to the movies for my usual tasty delectable treat.  Today will be the Robo Cop reboot.

Peace!

StepbyStep-SH

Sorry to disappoint, Dave, no run/yoga for me today. My little guy was up at 3 a.m. with a tummy bug and is just now feeling better. So we're staying close to home. Every now and then a day of snuggling on the couch watching movies is in order. I'll make up today's miles tomorrow on my regular SRD.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

It is currently 23 with a wind chill factor of 10 degrees, otherwise known as balmy.  After the shit year we have had, 23 is the new 43.  

Amen. It was 21/9 when I went out, but felt quite pleasant.

8.1 miles outside, then went to the gym for an hour of Vinyasa yoga.

61.2 for the week.

Dave

Zelanie, I hope that you have a great run after orientation.

B-Plus plus, have a pleasant six-miler.

Rick, bravo on the twelve. Enjoy your well-earned movie break.

Shari, I hope that DS feels well soon.

DaveP MI, excellent 8.1 and yoga.

12.0 in 2:02:34. 10:13 pace. I did the run without fuel. Just water every 2.0 miles and one S!Cap every other drink. My head was clear but, after almost nine miles, my legs began to feel heavy. I guess that I need to fuel for the marathon. I just have to figure out how. Do I fill my Camelback with Gatorade? Or do I drink water and take a Gu every four miles?

Ab work and push-ups later.

Just B.S.

Run done. Yrstetdays warm up and. freeze overnight meant lots of black ice hopping and slipping.

Usual hills with about 350 ft of climb in the first 7 miles then a bit of levelling out allowed

Me to lay down the last two miles @ 8:30 pace. I always like a fast finish even on slow runs

11.25 miles in 1:49.

90 minutes on the spin bike tonight.

Basya you are going to have a great marathon!

Ric-G

geez Jay... nice start!

basya - water and gu

8 kilometers done in just under 36:00....last year was under 34....had no clue about pacing...went out at 7:25 or so and kicked it up in the last 2 miles...had too much energy at the end but just enjoyed it,..then I really enjoyed the open food court at the end....rubio fish taco, z pizza, thai salad; ice cream; coffee, jamba juice, spinach salad, fondue over strawberries, more coffee...sounds kinda gross but they are small portions...bowl of cereal for dinner later...have a great sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

Zelanie, I hope that you have a great run after orientation.

B-Plus plus, have a pleasant six-miler.

Rick, bravo on the twelve. Enjoy your well-earned movie break.

Shari, I hope that DS feels well soon.

DaveP MI, excellent 8.1 and yoga.

12.0 in 2:02:34. 10:13 pace. I did the run without fuel. Just water every 2.0 miles and one S!Cap every other drink. My head was clear but, after almost nine miles, my legs began to feel heavy. I guess that I need to fuel for the marathon. I just have to figure out how. Do I fill my Camelback with Gatorade? Or do I drink water and take a Gu every four miles?

Ab work and push-ups later.

I prefer Gu, but it is all personal. The last couple times I used Gatorade I felt like it caused problems in my stomach.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

20.5 miles done, 2:55:58, 8:35 pace. Slower that I thought I would be, but still in the range. Total for the week: 81 miles on 6 days of running. Now time for a hot bath and then hot soup.

Just B.S.

Dang you woman. Making my 2 mile "fast" finish @ 8:30 pace look lame Smile Smile

20.5 miles done, 2:55:58, 8:35 pace. Slower that I thought I would be, but still in the range. Total for the week: 81 miles on 6 days of running. Now time for a hot bath and then hot soup.

happylily

Dang you woman. Making my 2 mile "fast" finish @ 8:30 pace look lame Smile Smile

Lame? You still have 90 minutes to do! You do three day's worth of training within a day, again and again.  Don't ever say the word lame when talking about yourself!