Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

I ran in the Adrenalines exclusively for years. I thought it was the only shoe I could run a lot in.  I have always meant to try the Ravenna.

1773 miles in Ravennas. All I have done the last few years is rotate between the two. Ravennas have ended up as the one I use for speed work & races.

Dave

LRB

That was genius Dave to jump into not one but two pair of shoes right off the bat. Meanwhile I went through like 5 pair before I found something that worked.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I have found it all depends on your comfort level and bodies ability to resist damage / pain.

For example - After the Inspire 10 debacle (for me) I had a bout of jumping around to different manufacturers.

Saucony - Guide 7 - squishy and the outsole is way too soft for me.  I burned through the outsole on the outer edge of my foot in 150 miles.  And I am not a heavy runner!

Brooks - Ghost - Not as squishy as the Guide still had a bit of a softer outsole.  Still some wear through but not nearly as quickly.

Mizuno - Ride - back to a nice firm outsole - no wear through and I get a lot more response and road feel.

As LRB mentioned in my RR regarding supinating - by my wear pattern and that image you would like I supinate massively. However, I do land on the outside edge but my foot is floppy and has no resistance until it rolls neutral.  Ive been gate, stride, shoe checked fitted by no less than 5 different sources and stores.  They all say I was a slight pronator but now am neutral and are not concerned with how my foot strikes.

Speedwork though - Fastwich and Ronin!

Little Blue

7 miles in a brisk breeze.  Now for a shower and doc appt.  Yippee.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 4.1 tempo

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scott, they are fine, thanks.

Damaris

LRB

I just ate enough for two.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I just ate enough for two.

Girlscout cookie time...  Sad

I have cases sitting within 6' of me right now...

And I am not pushing high mileage lately, just more intensity.

DavePNW

That was genius Dave to jump into not one but two pair of shoes right off the bat. Meanwhile I went through like 5 pair before I found something that worked.

Well it wasn't quite like that. I used only one pair at a time until after my first marathon, at which point decided I was enough of a runner to get 2 pair to rotate.

Dave

onemile

Well it wasn't quite like that. I used only one pair at a time until after my first marathon, at which point decided I was enough of a runner to get 2 pair to rotate.

For me it was deciding I was enough of a runner to get a lighter weight shoe for races.  Which took 4.5 years.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

For me it was deciding I was enough of a runner to get a lighter weight shoe for races.  Which took 4.5 years.

Yup I can agree with that.  I have also found the lighter shoe to be a bit of a placebo effect.  I feel faster and believe I am faster, thus I tend to push a little harder.

LRB

I meant of the shoes that you tried that worked for you. It's not like you had to try a dozen brands or models like I did.

Hip Redux

Running stores ALWAYS wanted to put me in Adrenalines because of my pancake flat feet.  Man, those things are like bricks to run in.

I've rotated lately between Skechers Ultra and Hokas, and both look brick-ish but are much more flexible than the Adrenalines and lighter.  I'd like to move back to the Newtons but right now the hip needs some cushion.

LRB

Speedwork though - Fastwich and Ronin!

Speaking of the Fastwitch the 7 is out:

DavePNW

I meant of the shoes that you tried that worked for you. It's not like you had to try a dozen brands or models like I did.

Oh. That's correct then. Either I have been very lucky with my choices (i.e. what the LRS pushed) or just don't have very discriminating feet.

I first went to the LRS and they put me in Saucony Guides. They were fine. The next time they suggested Adrenalines. They were fine. When I first went to buy 2, the sales rep at the LRS told me she felt like the Adrenalines were bricks & I should try the Ravennas as they were a bit lighter & more flexible. They were also fine. I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them, if you ask me what I'm wearing I have to look down.

Dave