Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins! (Read 23 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I finally made it home last night.  I wasn't driving.  My GPS knows me, and said it should have taken about 8 hours.  My in-laws rented an SUV, and wanted to drive there and back.  It was about 12 hours, but at least I could kick back and relax.

I'll write up an RR eventually, but I have work during the day and family time in the evenings.  We'll see how much time I can set aside for that.  Anyway, I had an amazing time.  The back hated the ride down, and was tight in the mornings.  It really loosened up during the race though.  Hanging out with Mitch was awesome.  The distillery was awesome.  The hot tub at the house I rented was awesome.  I had a great time.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's great news awood! Can't wait to hear more!

I haven't been checking this much while I was at a work conference from Weds night til last night, did I miss much?? I checked in pretty late last night, but for those who missed it, I ran a 10 mile race yesterday (played hooky from morning sessions at conference shhhh lol) as a long run, my last before my half, and it went reallllly well! I actually PRed by a minute, though my only other 10 mile race was also run as a training run so the PR doesn't mean much. And now..... taper time!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Race #22 for the year done on Saturday.  Report and photos here:   https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b1a48b6d885e4972ae71ae0d91895822/resume#focus

Followed that up on Sunday by going to Lackland Air Force Base for a run/walk.  The weather was cloudy and threatening rain and at Mile 2 Mother Nature did start dumping rain on me.  Thankfully it was not an all-out downpour but a nice steady rain that actually felt pretty good in the very high humidity.  I got pretty darn soaked but was feeling really well and ended up with 5.5 miles.  I have not done 5 miles since last November when I did a 5-mile race back then.  Nice to know there still is a little bit of stamina left in the old dog.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Awood, Kristin and Scotty.

Glad you had an awesome weekend Awood.  Ditto Mitch and Redrum.

Congrats on the "PR" Kristin.

Congrats on the 5 miles Scotty.

Nothing on my agenda except work.  It will be a challenge stretching about 2 hours of work over 20 hours this week.  MRI is on Thursday.

Have a great week !!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Not sure of what I will do today, if anything.

Awood, I cannot wait to read about it.

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning. 4 done this morning.

Shifting to my live race schedule so I'll be working weekend through July.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Wow there are a lot of RR's to read.

Great job Kristin, Jack, Scotty, RedRum, I'm going to sneak in a read every chance I get.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Zelanie

Morning!  Just 5 tonight.  Gotta love the taper!

Kristin- Glad you had a good race and got some time for yourself during the conference.  Did you get to see Di when you were there?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Awood: Good stuff at the HM. I'm looking forward to your RR. Are you looking for a Ragnar out this way?

I will run five miles today with some strides later today or tonight. It supposed to really heat up for the next three days so I might have to run at night. If I didn't have this thing called a job I would go in the morning.

Have a good day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Today starts the week of total crazy, at least singingwise.  There's no telling what will go on workwise.  But our quartet is singing for the chorus tonight.  Then we have quartet rehearsal tomorrow, I pack on Wednesday, drive to Winston-Salem Thursday, and then there's too much crazy to detail.  My packing list is crazy long, and includes everything from band-aids to false eyelashes.  It's gonna be fun, but I'm going to be glad when it's over!!

awood -- glad you had such a great time!!

kristin -- woo-hoo for your race!!

scotty -- woo-hoo for the rainy run!!

Jerryb -- sound like a lot of forum time in your future!!

Docket -- have a good day, whatever it entails!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 done!!

Zelanie -- have a good taper!!

Jack -- work gets in the way so often, doesn't it?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just want to find one that will be scenic and interesting.  I've run in 7 states now, and I love a different view.  I'm also hoping for something 2015.  I need to buckle down and focus on my 2014 5K goals now.  I'm sure there are some cool relays out there.  Thomas mentioned one in Texas.  That could be cool.

Hi Pens...

Awood: Good stuff at the HM. I'm looking forward to your RR. Are you looking for a Ragnar out this way?

I will run five miles today with some strides later today or tonight. It supposed to really heat up for the next three days so I might have to run at night. If I didn't have this thing called a job I would go in the morning.

Have a good day.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - Sounds like a fun filled trip.  Have a great time.  Take some pictures.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: I did not see any Ragnar dates for 2015 but there is a Napa Valley race out here in September.

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens! 5.5 with a few pickups and strides sprinkled in this morning, probably will get to the gym for weights this afternoon. I am le tired already, stupid Monday!