Beginners and Beyond

WednesDailies (Read 17 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Rest day for me (in the office).  I think this is my favorite time of year to run.  The sun is up early, so I can run early without needing lights, but the heat of summer hasn't hit yet.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 easy. I'm liking the light when I get up. So much easier to do now vs pitch black.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Vacation Day 1

4 and Pilates later. since I got adjusted at the chiro again and it's 70F heading into hail, wind, and rain in an hour, I'll run on the TM before Pilates.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

3 miles. I think our "rainy" season is over now until Nov.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning lmao!  I just got back from running five easy miles.  Still plenty sore but overall felt decent.

In race news, Ironman just announced a full distance race in Ottawa next August (2025), so DW and I signed up!  We were planning on doing one next year and were leaning towards Sacramento, but Ottawa is driving distance and looks like a fun race.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet! Although she sounded like she was regretting it already. 🤣

Damaris

DavePNW

In race news, Ironman just announced a full distance race in Ottawa next August (2025), so DW and I signed up!  We were planning on doing one next year and were leaning towards Sacramento, but Ottawa is driving distance and looks like a fun race.

Cool! Do you have another one before then? I can’t remember your fall/winter plans. Hartford again? Some kind of Disney BS?

I ended up getting out yesterday around 4:00 for 6 miles. It was 52 degrees and I was in short sleeves. This morning it was back down to 34. No complaints though—I need it to stay cool for another week and a half! I ran 10 miles with a 4x1 mile tempo workout + 3x200m at the end. Typically for intervals of 1+ miles I go to a nearby asphalt trail, but I’m fucking sick of hills so I went to the track. It started slower than I’d like as usual, despite doing a few strides before the start, but they got better: 7:16, 7:03, 6:53, 6:52.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gah, freaking out a bit. My email confirmation has all four flights and AA had them as of a week ago when I went to check if there were better seats. Now as I'm trying to check in for the IND to ORD flight, it's not under the code that takes me to the flight from ORD to London. I've never had this happen. Of course customer service is an hour + wait.

And when I go to British Airways, it tells me: your next flight is tomorrow at 7:19pm, click here to check in via AA. Click and back to AA where the flight is not there.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

AA called me back again (because I went to pee and they called and I missed it of course). She can't find it. And then she said, it was canceled. I was like what? Oh, nothing to worry about it and put me on hold. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL.

Now I wait.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Oh crap Docket! This is where I would either start yelling or crying, and then hand the phone to DH to handle calmly...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm still on the phone. They fixed that one and fucked the London one. We might not even get to go.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm done. No marathon! 

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

That's just awful.  I'm sorry you won't be able to go.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

WHAT??? Oh shit that’s horrible.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it's ridiculous that we paid extra for business class or whatever and they are offering main cabin, 4 legs and maybe arriving Saturday afternoon. Fuck that. I'm not going to spend the two days prior to the marathon traveling. The charity said I can defer but the last day is today, so I have to make a decision.

I am just going through Delta, etc. and see if there is something we can take but it does not look good.

Damaris