Beginners and Beyond

Fun idea for you....running related (Read 378 times)

Just B.S.

We have a large main floor family room with lots of wall space. As you enter it's 12X12 and then  widens out to

another section of 12x15, so total length is 24. I used to have a table on this wall  but moved it and got tired of

looking at this big empy wall so I gathered a bunch of  photos we had scattered around the house  to make

it into a "family wall of running etc".

I'm currently working on getting more photos printed to add to this. I'm also thinking about mounting some

medals as now they just all hand on a rack in a spare room.

We had a big family dinner for 17 at Christmas and lots of people commented on the photos and were asking

"where/when etc".........hubby and I don't talk a lot about our running so some of the relatives were really surprised

to see all the "after race" pics and it generated a lot of good conversation.

We have done almost 100 races together so lots of pics to choose from and I plan on swapping them up

occassionally and put in different photos.

Anyway, thought some of you might like to do something similar. I am especially enjoying it now in the dead of

winter......dreaming about summer racing season.Smile

Pinktastic

Great idea, Beth!   Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Trail Monster

We have something similar in our home gym area. I'd like to do this in our entry hall with our medal hangers but not sure DH would go for moving everything.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

runmomto3boys

That's adorable, Beth!  I love it!

LRB

I too have something similar I call the Wall of Fame.  It started out with my softball trophies but grew to include cheer leading and other sports awards and pics of the kids, along with scholastic achievements.

I have not incorporated any of my running stuff into it but someday may.

That's great. I have a photo collage from my first marathon in our bedroom, and my medal hanger near the desktop!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice!  I love it!

DH does not like all the running stuff at home, so I have the medals and other stuff at the office.  It's the talk of the town here and at least people see it.  At home, the only witnesses might be the cats.

Damaris

aponi

never runs the tangents

I did something sort of like this with my martial arts trophies and the like in college. I think it scared guys away. Could be that, may have been something else. The running one you have looks really cool though.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

SheCan

That's a really cool way to celebrate your family's hobby!  And if you get too bored with the cold, come to Arizona; winter is our racing season.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

flarunner

Cool idea BS Beth! The nice thing about those photos is that you can rotate them with new ones.

mucknort

Awesome, Beth! Thinking of doing a family race theme collage with this frame I saw at Michaels:

http://www.michaels.com/13-Opening-15x25-Panel-Collage-in-Black/fr1303,default,pd.html?cgid=products-framing-collage&start=1

scissorbill

I love it.  And 100 races together?  Wow!  I've done one with my DH and I beat him Wink  but he also ran 158 miles last year.

Just B.S.

I love it.  And 100 races together?  Wow!  I've done one with my DH and I beat him Wink  but he also ran 158 miles last year.

We start together and he waits for me at the finish line.

He is a sub 3:30 marathoner. I am a sub 4:30.

But at least we are there together doing what we love!

B-Plus

That's really great. I was going to do something for one race's memorabilia, but I got lazy.

That's awesome especially the number of races together.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot