Beginners and Beyond

The Thursday DAILIES are getting their groove back (Read 38 times)

B-Plus

Baboon is doing what I said I would! Good job!

I still have those 2 lovely brews I bought the other day. I'll destroy them on Sunday after my race destroys me.

4 later

LRB

Lauren

They are totally normal.  You will feel those needle like spikes at random times for a while.  Subcutaneous nerves regenerating and connecting create that little "spark".  Had them for at least 4 months after my hamstring surgery.  Do not worry, it is a good sign and nothing is wrong.

'Sup yo!

Dave that's hilarious!

Nice pic Zel!  How are you feeling?

Hopefully it's nothing LB, now don't go and pick-up the kid today.  Smile

Really waiting to see how it goes BP!

Hi lily!

LRB

I didn't want to get up this morning, the bed just felt too good. But I got up and got 3.5 miles in, trying not to get ran off the road by assholes headed to work and trying not to freak myself out with the sounds I would hear in the fields and woods.

I get the same creeps when at the trail hearing twigs snapping and leaves rustling and wonder if a damn bear is going to jump out at me.  lol

Good morning D!

Boon the entire internet is waiting on your race!

Cy I would just drink the light beer, but that's cuz I try not to make people feel bad.

Dave I have not tried Founders yet (don't yell at me yo) what's a good selection from them that is full but not too heavy?

LRB

Just getting in my first cup of coffee, as the sun has yet to clear the horizon where I am.  12 miles to go today.  I'm trying to decide whether the drive myself out to the golf/course and park and brave the hills, or just walk down the hall to my Treadmill.  

Hmm hills or the treadmill, that's a tough one.  I would probably choose the hills but that's only because I know that outdoor runs will be limited soon.

Sucks that you cannot run out the door anymore.

Baboon

delicate flower

Boon the entire internet is waiting on your race!

One month (and hopefully 25 minutes Wink ) from this very moment, I will have just crossed the finish line.

<3

Zelanie

Nice pic Zel!  How are you feeling?

Feeling just fine. I still have barely run, but don't have any reason to think that I won't be able to hop right back into things. That said, Tuesday was the first time I could actually forget that I was running and zone out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My pace bands just came in!!!! I have 3, a 4:15:00, a 4:25:00 and a 4:10:00 in case I do better than I expect. I will post a scanned pic of them shortly.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

My pace bands just came in!!!! I have 3, a 4:15:00, a 4:25:00 and a 4:10:00 in case I do better than I expect. I will post a scanned pic of them shortly.

You could have made and printed your own or are these spectacular in some way or another?

DavePNW

Anxiously awaiting.

Dave

happylily

Anxiously awaiting.

Oh Dave... 

Andrea, you will most likely be so overwhelmed that you won't even look at them. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Dave I have not tried Founders yet (don't yell at me yo) what's a good selection from them that is full but not too heavy?

YOU HAVE NOT TRIED FOUNDERS??? Oops, I wasn't supposed to yell, but couldn't help myself. They are my favorite brewery, and it may seem biased since they are in Michigan, but they are very highly regarded by beer people around the country. I pretty much only drink the heavy ones. However if you like IPA's, their Centennial IPA is very highly regarded & pretty widely available. You will also see Dirty Bastard on tap a lot of places, which is very good; basically a strong Scottish Ale style, reddish in color, and will kick you in the ass a little bit. If you want to go towards the heavier end, their Porter is excellent. I'm getting thirsty now.

Dave

LRB

YOU HAVE NOT TRIED FOUNDERS??? Oops, I wasn't supposed to yell, but couldn't help myself. They are my favorite brewery, and it may seem biased since they are in Michigan, but they are very highly regarded by beer people around the country. I pretty much only drink the heavy ones. However if you like IPA's, their Centennial IPA is very highly regarded & pretty widely available. You will also see Dirty Bastard on tap a lot of places, which is very good; basically a strong Scottish Ale style, reddish in color, and will kick you in the ass a little bit. If you want to go towards the heavier end, their Porter is excellent. I'm getting thirsty now.

IPAs are cool but most often it is hard to distinguish one from another unless it is really, really bad.

Sounds like the Dirty Bastard is right up my alley which should surprise no one.  lol

I do enjoy a porter (at room temperature for some stupid reason) from time to time so I may grab one of those as well.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I may just look them over a few dozen times, not sure if I will wera one...it was a spur of the moment and the reason they are spectacular is the paces are varied like I would normally run my paces. I couldn't have come up with this, though.the 4:15:00 and 4:10:00 have me getting to the halfwaypoint at 2:04:11 and 2:06:41 while I am seriously contemplating to run the first half at around 2 hours or just a tad faster. I do like the 4:15:00 one as it starts my first mile at 10:14 pace which defintitey sounds nice for warming up (for me).

And joke ALLLL you want LRB and Dave, but my family needs to have a decent idea of where I am at and be able to predict when I will get to mile 20 and mile 24 so  

And this being my first marathon, I am too excited to let most things bother me 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

My brews are IPAs so I'll let you know. Apparently I need to drink them sooner rather than later because of fresh hops.

onemile

I may just look them over a few dozen times, not sure if I will wera one...it was a spur of the moment and the reason they are spectacular is the paces are varied like I would normally run my paces. I couldn't have come up with this, though.the 4:15:00 and 4:10:00 have me getting to the halfwaypoint at 2:04:11 and 2:06:41 while I am seriously contemplating to run the first half at around 2 hours or just a tad faster. I do like the 4:15:00 one as it starts my first mile at 10:14 pace which defintitey sounds nice for warming up (for me).

And joke ALLLL you want LRB and Dave, but my family needs to have a decent idea of where I am at and be able to predict when I will get to mile 20 and mile 24 so  

And this being my first marathon, I am too excited to let most things bother me 

I used a pace band once but it stopped making sense around mile 18